Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

"I-gots to have me chitlins and grits"

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

Is this a god damn joke?

It is not that my military brothers and sisters are not getting fed.. they did, however, eliminate the hot meal for some.... Which I do think is bullshit, when this government worries about getting 'good meals' to the lazy do-nothings on government assistance

When I was deployed we had a hot breakfast, lunch, dinner and even a midnight meal if you worked nights, its tough being over there as it is these are the things that help you make it through.

Here is the DoD response...

Defense.gov News Article: DOD Takes on ?No Breakfast? Internet Myth

DOD Takes on ‘No Breakfast’ Internet Myth

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2013 – If it’s on the Internet, it has to be true, right?

Well, no.

There is no truth to the Internet myth that Washington budget cuts have taken away breakfast for service members in Afghanistan, Defense Department officials said.

Americans serving in Afghanistan can have up to four meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight meal, if one is needed.

The Internet myth’s genesis came from a few forward operating bases in eastern Afghanistan’s Paktika province that are closing or being turned over to Afghan security forces. Instead of a hot, prepared breakfast, service members at those bases receive packaged meals known as “meals, ready-to-eat,” or MREs. This streamlines the logistics for these closing bases, officials explained.

Snopes.com -- a website that looks into Internet myths -- rates this tale as “partly true.” The original email that sparked the controversy vastly overstated the extent of the “MRE for breakfast” policy. The original email also said the reason for the policy was because of DOD budget cuts. This is not true, defense officials said.

The vast majority of service members in Afghanistan are receiving a hot breakfast, officials emphasized.

Bad enough that the right spreads lies like this but the addition of the racist editorial comment is indefensible.

Nor does it matter that this is a lie. The rw's will continue to send emails to everyone in their address book and all of those rw's will believe it too.

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.
Washington times not good enough for you?

Fuck no. The Washington Times is a piss pouring rag for mouth breathing rubes. When will you fools figure that out?

The OP is almost Onionesque. I actually thought the OP was from The Onion at first.

Last edited:
Classic AJ posting - laughably dishonest, stupid beyond any measure, and he runs for the hills as soon as he has posted it. Neg repped for not posting honestly.

I'll let people decide for themselves what this might mean.

Ayup.

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.
Washington times not good enough for you?

Same here.

I served in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002, and never once when I was stationed onboard a ship did I ever go hungry.

Granted................I did have to eat cold cut sandwiches for a couple of meals, but I never went to sleep hungry.

Can the OP provide a legitimate link?
See above.

This article from the Washington Times is saying they get MRE's for breakfast. Some of the comments tell a different story though as people are posting that their son/husbands are only getting MRE's 4 days a week.

I don't know how much we can believe the comments though, but I guess we can believe them just as much as our government.

During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan - Washington Times

The Washington Times is also a very questionable source. I'll wait for sources I trust.
I guess that would be Obama himself. You are such a loyal little shithead!

the wash times is trash.

and this story has already been posted eons ago... and debunked.

Malnourishing the fighting troops is an essential part of making them ineffective.

Let gays serve openly, put women on the battlefield, stop feeding them. It's all part of a very recognizable pattern.

No one is malnourished. No one is going hungry. Some people need to learn that not everything you read on the Internet is true.

For a mouth breather, if it is something they want to believe, then it is true. Critical thinking is alien technology.

No one is malnourished. No one is going hungry. Some people need to learn that not everything you read on the Internet is true.

For a mouth breather, if it is something they want to believe, then it is true. Critical thinking is alien technology.

It's a lack of common sense. Bases that are closing and transitioning to Afghani hands have eliminated a hot breakfast and somehow that becomes "The troops are being starved by Obama!". o_O

It's hard to wrap my head around that people actually think that way.

It's a lack of common sense. Bases that are closing and transitioning to Afghani hands have eliminated a hot breakfast and somehow that becomes "The troops are being starved by Obama!". o_O

It's hard to wrap my head around that people actually think that way.

You have to understand that no matter what might happen that is in the normal course of things, the rabies-infected idiots have to find something evil about it. Anything.

A base is transitioning control to the host country? There has to be something we can find wrong in there. There just HAS to be!!!

Truth is not the goal. It never has been. This is about power.

FrontPage Magazine and David Horowitz ain't my idea of credibility. Horowitz has been married four times and his parents were longtime members of the Communist Party. He's also an Islamophobe with a checkered past.

David Horowitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslim Hunting: David Horowitz's Antagonistic Career - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

Someone else linked that *cough* "source" the other day & I was suspicious from the start because of the innocuous title so I clicked "about us" & up came Horowitz's bio :lol: rw kool aid drinkers must have that site on their opening page just like drudge/fox/drudge

Malnourishing the fighting troops is an essential part of making them ineffective.

Let gays serve openly, put women on the battlefield, stop feeding them. It's all part of a very recognizable pattern.

What pattern is that?:confused:

The pattern of making our military as ineffective as possible. Notice, they are cost cutting. They aren't reducing the means for the mess offered at bases, or ships at sea. The reduced meals is directed towards those on the front line. Those who are actually fighting. That's where they chose to save money.

If you have studied warfare, you know that one of the most effective measures of weakening an enemy is to cut their supply lines. The Taliban just had obama cut our supply lines for them.

Forum List

Back