Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

"I-gots to have me chitlins and grits"

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

This is how you get into trouble, your title on this thread is not true. Posters begin to think nothing you say is honest when you continuously attempt to manipulate things with trashy headlines.

He doesn't give a shit. He's proven that already in this thread alone.

ummm..... defense makes up over 1/2 of the discretionary budget there sport. :eusa_eh: Glad to help :) IOW's- thats where the money is. :thup:

troll post. You quote the first post on a 5+ page thread. Its already been covered that all buildings are eventually dismantled, including the mess halls, prior to abandoning a frontier base. Shows you could care less about the real issues discussed in this thread. :thup:
Agreeing with the OP is a troll thread? I think that Dot Com is looking to shoot down any agreement with someone critical of our powder puff politicians rewarding themselves with every fine detail of high living while withholding hot meals from men doing the dirty job of making this evil world safe for all Americans.

And I reserve the First Amendment right of saying what I think while you and real trolls who neg people without saying why are turned loose on this forum against those accusing your opponents of breaking board rules.

God bless the late Johnny Cash, who wore black every day in remembrance of fallen troops to remind other people of the price being paid for our freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom of religion, thought, and many, many civil rights for all men and women who live in these United States.

And that I will think and believe and support with all my will and strength.

You definitely have a First Amendment right to agree with the OP without considering if it's really true or meaningful and we have the same right to point you're a total moron (like the asshole OP) for saying so.

Nice how that works, huh?

OK, stop piling on now. Becki came late and jumped right from the OP without laboring through the whole thread. That's understandable. It's a lot to read, but due diligence is always essential, especially when we consider the source.

Becki's still got beautiful birds. :bow2:

Malnourishing the fighting troops is an essential part of making them ineffective.

Let gays serve openly, put women on the battlefield, stop feeding them. It's all part of a very recognizable pattern.

What pattern is that?:confused:

The pattern of making our military as ineffective as possible. Notice, they are cost cutting. They aren't reducing the means for the mess offered at bases, or ships at sea. The reduced meals is directed towards those on the front line. Those who are actually fighting. That's where they chose to save money.

If you have studied warfare, you know that one of the most effective measures of weakening an enemy is to cut their supply lines. The Taliban just had obama cut our supply lines for them.

As a cost cutting measure, your media masters have clearly cut the supply of oxygen to your brain.

Agreeing with the OP is a troll thread? I think that Dot Com is looking to shoot down any agreement with someone critical of our powder puff politicians rewarding themselves with every fine detail of high living while withholding hot meals from men doing the dirty job of making this evil world safe for all Americans.

And I reserve the First Amendment right of saying what I think while you and real trolls who neg people without saying why are turned loose on this forum against those accusing your opponents of breaking board rules.

God bless the late Johnny Cash, who wore black every day in remembrance of fallen troops to remind other people of the price being paid for our freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom of religion, thought, and many, many civil rights for all men and women who live in these United States.

Yes, but it appears you will not think or believe with your brain.

Last edited:
Complaining about a little hot meal? Ha Ha Ha! Some of you people need to shut up and thank God you have 3 meals a day.

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.

Fine...don't.
But it's the truth. I have friends and family that have someone over there right now. It's all true, and they weren't even warned that it was going to happen! They just went to the chow hall one morning and there's signs on the door and it's locked! It happened with my daughter in laws cousin, a friend i work with's son, and i could go on and on. But you go ahead and not believe your govt would do such a thing to our military!

"daughter in laws cousin" :eusa_eh: :rolleyes: Its called decamping you life-long civilian,morans!!! :bang3:

Yes, daughter in laws cousin. We all know each other, we're a close family on both sides, and you're being an idiot. You just don't want to believe it, so you won't look into it yourself. The soldiers I know of that have told about this have NO reason to lie about it. You are being a fool!

And go ahead, i've already been negged for telling the truth...you might as well do it too.

ummm..... defense makes up over 1/2 of the discretionary budget there sport. :eusa_eh: Glad to help :) IOW's- thats where the money is. :thup:

troll post. You quote the first post on a 5+ page thread. Its already been covered that all buildings are eventually dismantled, including the mess halls, prior to abandoning a frontier base. Shows you could care less about the real issues discussed in this thread. :thup:

throwing soldiers into meat grinder, wars of choice (wars for profit) & then rewarding the injured/limbless survivors w/ a quilt? You for having your taxes raised as well to pay for Iraq :doubt: Put down the uber-patriotic, kool aid granma. :eusa_hand:
I got out of the service in '90 immediately before Bush II launched Bill Kristol's PNAC War of choice. Ever heard of the PNAC? :eusa_whistle: Google it. Now it looks like Iraq is cozying up to not only Syria but Iran as well. How many soldiers are you willing to throw on the bonepile before you realize that invading a large middle-eastern country w/ boots on the ground and no clear plan for transition is a bad idea? What military experience or post HS education do you base your support for unpaid-for, multiple 1000 casualty, optional wars like Iraq?

You unquestioning obedience to wars for profit/def contractors is predictable though as you took the Fox/Drudge brown acid :thup: I'm done w/ you for now :)

***ediut: and don't come back & say my cousin served & my brother served & my .... Fact remains, YOU haven't served so you have no idea how military personnel decamp.
How convenient you forgot about 9/11. I cannot do that.

Last edited:

You definitely have a First Amendment right to agree with the OP without considering if it's really true or meaningful and we have the same right to point you're a total moron (like the asshole OP) for saying so.

Nice how that works, huh?

How convenient. You forgot about 9/11, too.

Here is the DoD response...

Defense.gov News Article: DOD Takes on ?No Breakfast? Internet Myth

DOD Takes on ‘No Breakfast’ Internet Myth

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2013 – If it’s on the Internet, it has to be true, right?

Well, no.

There is no truth to the Internet myth that Washington budget cuts have taken away breakfast for service members in Afghanistan, Defense Department officials said.

Americans serving in Afghanistan can have up to four meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight meal, if one is needed.

The Internet myth’s genesis came from a few forward operating bases in eastern Afghanistan’s Paktika province that are closing or being turned over to Afghan security forces. Instead of a hot, prepared breakfast, service members at those bases receive packaged meals known as “meals, ready-to-eat,” or MREs. This streamlines the logistics for these closing bases, officials explained.

Snopes.com -- a website that looks into Internet myths -- rates this tale as “partly true.” The original email that sparked the controversy vastly overstated the extent of the “MRE for breakfast” policy. The original email also said the reason for the policy was because of DOD budget cuts. This is not true, defense officials said.

The vast majority of service members in Afghanistan are receiving a hot breakfast, officials emphasized.

What i don't get is they're saying it's only at bases that are closing....but my DIL's cousin just got there about a month ago and he has a year. As far as they know he isn't being transferred anywhere. Odd.................

Here is the DoD response...

Defense.gov News Article: DOD Takes on ?No Breakfast? Internet Myth

DOD Takes on ‘No Breakfast’ Internet Myth

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2013 – If it’s on the Internet, it has to be true, right?

Well, no.

There is no truth to the Internet myth that Washington budget cuts have taken away breakfast for service members in Afghanistan, Defense Department officials said.

Americans serving in Afghanistan can have up to four meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight meal, if one is needed.

The Internet myth’s genesis came from a few forward operating bases in eastern Afghanistan’s Paktika province that are closing or being turned over to Afghan security forces. Instead of a hot, prepared breakfast, service members at those bases receive packaged meals known as “meals, ready-to-eat,” or MREs. This streamlines the logistics for these closing bases, officials explained.

Snopes.com -- a website that looks into Internet myths -- rates this tale as “partly true.” The original email that sparked the controversy vastly overstated the extent of the “MRE for breakfast” policy. The original email also said the reason for the policy was because of DOD budget cuts. This is not true, defense officials said.

The vast majority of service members in Afghanistan are receiving a hot breakfast, officials emphasized.

What i don't get is they're saying it's only at bases that are closing....but my DIL's cousin just got there about a month ago and he has a year. As far as they know he isn't being transferred anywhere. Odd.................

Maybe they don't know where they are going because the people higher up the chain of command haven't told them yet. When I was in the Navy? We rarely knew where we were going to be at 2 weeks in the future, because not only do plans get changed, but keeping our schedule classified was a way to protect the ships.

As far as not getting a hot meal? You do know that MRE's now have heating elements in them, don't you?

The number of entrées expanded to 16 by 1996 (including vegetarian options), 20 entrées by 1997 and 24 entrées by 1998. Today, servicemembers can choose from up to 24 entrées, and more than 150 additional items.[4] The variety allowed servicemembers from various cultures and geographical regions to find something palatable. In 1992, a Flameless Ration Heater (FRH), a water-activated exothermic reaction product that emits heat, allowed a servicemember in the field to enjoy a hot meal.

In 2006, "Beverage Bags" were introduced to the MRE, as servicemembers have begun to depend more on hydration packs than on canteens, thus denying them the use of the metal canteen cups (shaped to fit in a canteen pouch with the canteen) for mixing powdered beverages. In addition to having measuring marks to indicate levels of liquid for precise measurement, they can be sealed and placed inside the flameless heater.

Meal, Ready-to-Eat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To tell you the truth, when we were doing battle drills down in GTMO during the 80's, I would have killed to be able to have an MRE, because for 2 days during the final drills, we'd end up getting box lunches, as the cooks also had to participate in the damage control drills.

Besides.................MRE's aren't that bad, used to live on them for a weekend every couple of months when I was drilling with the security forces up in Newport RI.

throwing soldiers into meat grinder, wars of choice (wars for profit) & then rewarding the injured/limbless survivors w/ a quilt? You for having your taxes raised as well to pay for Iraq :doubt: Put down the uber-patriotic, kool aid granma. :eusa_hand:
I got out of the service in '90 immediately before Bush II launched Bill Kristol's PNAC War of choice. Ever heard of the PNAC? :eusa_whistle: Google it. Now it looks like Iraq is cozying up to not only Syria but Iran as well. How many soldiers are you willing to throw on the bonepile before you realize that invading a large middle-eastern country w/ boots on the ground and no clear plan for transition is a bad idea? What military experience or post HS education do you base your support for unpaid-for, multiple 1000 casualty, optional wars like Iraq?

You unquestioning obedience to wars for profit/def contractors is predictable though as you took the Fox/Drudge brown acid :thup: I'm done w/ you for now :)

***edit: and don't come back & say my cousin served & my brother served & my .... Fact remains, YOU haven't served so you have no idea how military personnel decamp.

yeah. :eusa_hand: Which admin was asleep at the wheel (even though they were forewarned) in 2001? :eusa_whistle: You have a bias against facts? Ashcroft "didn't want to hear of al Qaeda" in high threat summer of 2001
BEN-VENISTE: Good afternoon, gentlemen.

Mr. Pickard, on January 21st of this year you met with our staff. Is that correct?

PICKARD: That's correct.

BEN-VENISTE: And according to our staff report, you told them that in June 2001, you met with Attorney General Ashcroft and he told you that you would be the acting FBI director.

PICKARD: That's correct.

BEN-VENISTE: You had some seven or eight meetings with the attorney general?

PICKARD: Somewhere in that number. I have the exact number, but I don't know the total.

BEN-VENISTE: And according to the statement that our staff took from you, you said that you would start each meeting discussing either counterterrorism or counterintelligence. At the same time the threat level was going up and was very high. Mr. Watson had come to you and said that the CIA was very concerned that there would be an attack. You said that you told the attorney general this fact repeatedly in these meetings. Is that correct?

PICKARD: I told him at least on two occasions.

BEN-VENISTE: And you told the staff according to this statement that Mr. Ashcroft told you that he did not want to hear about this anymore. Is that correct?

PICKARD: That is correct.

(h/t Mike)

Last edited:

***edit: and don't come back & say my cousin served & my brother served & my .... Fact remains, YOU haven't served so you have no idea how military personnel decamp.

yeah. :eusa_hand: Which admin was asleep at the wheel (even though they were forewarned) in 2001? :eusa_whistle: You have a bias against facts? Ashcroft "didn't want to hear of al Qaeda" in high threat summer of 2001
:offtopic:

Please start a thread elsewhere about offtopic itemizations you think up to cover Obama's burping his hot soup up while our soldiers get cold gruel in a can.

Thank you.

:offtopic:

Please start a thread elsewhere about offtopic itemizations you think up to cover Obama's burping his hot soup up while our soldiers get cold gruel in a can.

Thank you.

ummm..... YOU brought up 9/11. I just supplied you w/ relevant materials AFTER you brought it up, something you haven't bothered to do aside from "hearing stories" 3rd hand. You're mad because your "war of choice" meme is falling down around you :(

Last edited:

Your response is so offtopic as to be absurd.
Your honor: the purpose of having our troops over there is not irrelevant, but quite germaine to our troops being overseas in the Middle East where terrorists are still acting out murder and mayhem against our troops.

John Ashcroft, who resigned, is not why the troops are overseas containing terrorists who started this fracas on 9/11 in tandem with numeroous benefactors we are still trying to contain.

How can you say why we're there is offtopic? I opened no door to what followed. I stated our reason for being there in the first place which is the elephant sitting in the room, and you know it too, don't you.

FrontPage Magazine and David Horowitz ain't my idea of credibility. Horowitz has been married four times and his parents were longtime members of the Communist Party. He's also an Islamophobe with a checkered past.

David Horowitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslim Hunting: David Horowitz's Antagonistic Career - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

And what a surprise...the story is horsehit.

Fact check: Did Obama end hot breakfasts for troops in Afghanistan? | Twitchy

OP is :eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back