Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.

Same here.

I served in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002, and never once when I was stationed onboard a ship did I ever go hungry.

Granted................I did have to eat cold cut sandwiches for a couple of meals, but I never went to sleep hungry.

Can the OP provide a legitimate link?

There may be some forward operating bases that don't have a hot breakfast, but they get MRE'S. Where in the fuck did the "chitlins and grits" come into play from the OP?

I do like the way some disingenuous ASSHOLES like to pick and choose when they can give Obama the full credit for things. Kill OBL and a successful mission=Obama NO CREDIT. Soldiers not getting a hot breakfast=Obama ALL OF THE CREDIT.

Last edited:
Complaining about a little hot meal? Ha Ha Ha! Some of you people need to shut up and thank God you have 3 meals a day.

There was anothr character I recollect withheld food from her charges while she dressed and dined like a queen mother--oh, yes. Obama thinks he can do it because of:

Cruella Deville!

While our dear troops get nothin' but grief.

Meanies.​

the purpose of having our troops over there is not irrelevant, but quite germaine to our troops being overseas in the Middle East where terrorists are still acting out murder and mayhem against our troops.

Sure. But YOUR POST was pretty off topic, seeing as the person to whom you were replying never said anything about, or implying, that he forgot about 9/11. And even if he had so forgotten, it has no bearing on what he said. So....

On another note:

As a friendly reminder, the "off topic/trolling" rules in the politics section do not prohibit a person making posts or comments that may be only tangentially related to the original topic. The rule deals with posts that extend no further than personal attacks that contribute nothing of substance to the discussion and/or deliberate attempts to derail a discussion. If you feel a person's comments are not actually related to the subject matter at hand, the best thing to do is to respond by saying "That has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand."

Over and over again the right wing nutcases blame Obama without a single attempt at thought. Is it any wonder the right is the 'party of stupid,' every day the conservative republican losers prove the title fits.

"In a statement released by the Department of Defense, Jim Garamone of the American Forces Press Service said the reports surfaced "from a few forward operating bases in eastern Afghanistan's Paktika province that are closing or being turned over to Afghan security forces."

Colonel Joseph Wawro, the commander of the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, said breakfast and the midnight meal are now MREs (Meal, Ready-to-Eat) at the affected bases, while lunch and dinner are still served hot. He also noted most dining facilities have take-away items like cereal, granola, energy bars, milk, juice, fruit, etc. for supplemental snacking.

"This has absolutely nothing to do with the national budget and everything to do with our responsible reduction of forces," Wawro said.

Wawro said the initial complaint may have been raised by a recently arrived unit that was unaware of the recent meal changes."

Army: Hot breakfasts in Afghanistan cut due to logistics, not budget ? Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

How convenient you forgot about 9/11. I cannot do that.

Your response is so offtopic as to be absurd.
Your honor: the purpose of having our troops over there is not irrelevant, but quite germaine to our troops being overseas in the Middle East where terrorists are still acting out murder and mayhem against our troops.

John Ashcroft, who resigned, is not why the troops are overseas containing terrorists who started this fracas on 9/11 in tandem with numeroous benefactors we are still trying to contain.

How can you say why we're there is offtopic? I opened no door to what followed. I stated our reason for being there in the first place which is the elephant sitting in the room, and you know it too, don't you.
links for all the above statements? You do realize that there are more there AFTER the invasion than there were before. Do you think the war is winnable, how long will it take, and what cost? (lives & treasure)
Complaining about a little hot meal? Ha Ha Ha! Some of you people need to shut up and thank God you have 3 meals a day.

There was anothr character I recollect withheld food from her charges while she dressed and dined like a queen mother--oh, yes. Obama thinks he can do it because of:

Cruella Deville!

Meanies.​

You DO realize that the OP was debunked before it even made it to the second page? Of course you don't because you quoted the OP when the thread was already 5 pages long. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Your honor: the purpose of having our troops over there is not irrelevant, but quite germaine to our troops being overseas in the Middle East where terrorists are still acting out murder and mayhem against our troops.

John Ashcroft, who resigned, is not why the troops are overseas containing terrorists who started this fracas on 9/11 in tandem with numeroous benefactors we are still trying to contain.

How can you say why we're there is offtopic? I opened no door to what followed. I stated our reason for being there in the first place which is the elephant sitting in the room, and you know it too, don't you.
links for all the above statements? You do realize that there are more there AFTER the invasion than there were before. Do you think the war is winnable, how long will it take, and what cost? (lives & treasure)

Cruella Deville!

While our dear troops get nothin' but grief.​

Meanies.​

You DO realize that the OP was debunked before it even made it to the second page? Of course you don't because you quoted the OP when the thread was already 5 pages long. :eusa_eh:
In your mind? I'm not in charge of either your mind or your opinion, Dot Com.

The trouble with the OP is that it is the truth imho.

Cruella Deville!

While our dear troops get nothin' but grief.​

Meanies.​

The thread and the OP doesn't give me trouble, because these are the things I have come to expect from wingnuts. Keep making all kinds of ridiculous accusations and convince yourselves what a great job you are doing for the Republican Party. I'm honest when I admit I want the Republican Party to cease to exist in America. It isn't hard to refute the idiotic things you wingnuts come up with and I'm grateful for your assistance in destroying the reputation of the Republican Party. Keep up the good work!

Cruella Deville!

Meanies.​

Obama isn't the one witholding food, it's the military, and they are doing it because when you break down the kitchens to move to another place, you are no longer able to cook, hence the MRE's.

I remember times in the Navy when we were doing REFTRA down in GTMO (battle refresher training), there were several days that we'd get nothing but box lunches to eat, because the cooks had battle stations they had to be at too. Additionally, another place where you'll see the crew of a ship eating box lunches (usually a cold cut sandwich, a piece of fruit, a bag of chips and a carton of milk), is whenever they are in the shipyards and the galley is being refurbished.

And, considering that MRE's now have water activated exothermic heating element, you CAN have a hot meal with an MRE.

Personally? I like MRE's, and would live on them for a weekend every couple of months while going through security force training in Newport RI.

As far as what Obama eats in the WH? Well, considering that not only does he have a full functioning kitchen with staff, I'd expect him to be eating hot meals, he's not out in the field.

The thread and the OP doesn't give me trouble, because these are the things I have come to expect from wingnuts. Keep making all kinds of ridiculous accusations and convince yourselves what a great job you are doing for the Republican Party. I'm honest when I admit I want the Republican Party to cease to exist in America. It isn't hard to refute the idiotic things you wingnuts come up with and I'm grateful for your assistance in destroying the reputation of the Republican Party. Keep up the good work!

Oh I wouldn't go that far; I wouldn't want the RP to cease to exist, but I would like the social conservative wackadoos that have hijacked it to let the prisoner go and come out quietly with their hands over their heads and get down on the ground where we can lock them in shackles.

Actually I think they would kinda dig that.

This article from the Washington Times is saying they get MRE's for breakfast. Some of the comments tell a different story though as people are posting that their son/husbands are only getting MRE's 4 days a week.

I don't know how much we can believe the comments though, but I guess we can believe them just as much as our government.

During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan - Washington Times

The Washington Times is also a very questionable source. I'll wait for sources I trust.

We certainly know that you've never been in the military and if you had any children they wouldn't be serving their country either. Therefore, any remarks you've made have no bearing on the subject.

I don't believe the OP. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it from some credible sources.

Fine...don't.
But it's the truth. I have friends and family that have someone over there right now. It's all true, and they weren't even warned that it was going to happen! They just went to the chow hall one morning and there's signs on the door and it's locked! It happened with my daughter in laws cousin, a friend i work with's son, and i could go on and on. But you go ahead and not believe your govt would do such a thing to our military!

Anyone who has ever been on active duty would know why this story is total bullshit.

Oh I wouldn't go that far; I wouldn't want the RP to cease to exist, but I would like the social conservative wackadoos that have hijacked it to let the prisoner go and come out quietly with their hands over their heads and get down on the ground where we can lock them in shackles.

We all are entitled to our points of view.

I think it's time for another political party to represent the political ideology that members of the Republican Party possess and I've had enough of the Republican Party for a long time. I'm not completely opposed to conservative or libertarian ideologies, though I am opposed to most of it. The Republican Party and I as a member split back in the post Nixon/Ford days and I'm convinced it's totally corrupt and has betrayed our country. I want the Republican Party to become extinct and am quite honest and open about wanting it.

This is what level the country has sunk to. To the level of blathering blatant bullshit made up by blagardly bastards.
WTF has happened to this nation?

This is what level the country has sunk to. To the level of blathering blatant bullshit made up by blagardly bastards.

I think it's called the internet, where people can be anonymous and say the most stupid things without consequences. If these people tried to behave like that in public, they would run across an alpha type who would ridicule them relentlessly. It's a whole different world when someone is calling you a fucking idiot to your face.

We all are entitled to our points of view.

I think it's time for another political party to represent the political ideology that members of the Republican Party possess and I've had enough of the Republican Party for a long time. I'm not completely opposed to conservative or libertarian ideologies, though I am opposed to most of it. The Republican Party and I as a member split back in the post Nixon/Ford days and I'm convinced it's totally corrupt and has betrayed our country. I want the Republican Party to become extinct and am quite honest and open about wanting it.

You're not alone. It has taken the country far too long to realize that the party of Lincoln, doesn't exist anymore. Lincoln's government believed in a strong central government, protection of American industry, taxation for war, and the list goes on. When it is said that the modern Republican party is not like Lincolns party... It should be said that it is in direct opposition to Lincolns party. States rights?... Welcome to the Confederate States of America.

Need to read some of the articles in Taxpayers for Common Sense. There IS a lot of waste in the defense industrail complex. That's why Congress fights so hard to keep military projects and installations in their district. There are projects that DOD wants to cut and Congress keeps putting back in the budget because it means JOBS in their district...and the possibility that it would affect their re-election chances. No self-interest there!

I think it's called the internet, where people can be anonymous and say the most stupid things without consequences. If these people tried to behave like that in public, they would run across an alpha type who would ridicule them relentlessly. It's a whole different world when someone is calling you a fucking idiot to your face.

What's appalling, is that they have an audience, which actually believes them.

opinion =/= truth. Where did you learn to debate?

Except it's really not, your opinion notwithstanding. The fact that you keep standing by it is why I stand by my negrep and what I said to you in it.
it wouldn't be so bad if she didn't swallow all the propoganda thats spoon-fed to her & call anyone who disagrees w/ her liars. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back