Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan

Malnourishing the fighting troops is an essential part of making them ineffective.

Let gays serve openly, put women on the battlefield, stop feeding them. It's all part of a very recognizable pattern.

What pattern is that?:confused:

The pattern of making our military as ineffective as possible. Notice, they are cost cutting. They aren't reducing the means for the mess offered at bases, or ships at sea. The reduced meals is directed towards those on the front line. Those who are actually fighting. That's where they chose to save money.

If you have studied warfare, you know that one of the most effective measures of weakening an enemy is to cut their supply lines. The Taliban just had obama cut our supply lines for them.

Why did you post the snopes link if you didn't plan to read it?

It specifically says this has nothing to do with cost cutting, that most troops are not effected, that no one is going hungry and that its part of moving the troops out of those bases.

This is a normal part of getting the fuck out of a country.

As an aside, my trunk is full of MRE's. My husband loves them.

Malnourishing the fighting troops is an essential part of making them ineffective.

Let gays serve openly, put women on the battlefield, stop feeding them. It's all part of a very recognizable pattern.

The right just gets nuttier by the day. Unreal. When are you guys going to come out of your caves and join the real world?

The pattern of making our military as ineffective as possible. Notice, they are cost cutting. They aren't reducing the means for the mess offered at bases, or ships at sea. The reduced meals is directed towards those on the front line. Those who are actually fighting. That's where they chose to save money.

If you have studied warfare, you know that one of the most effective measures of weakening an enemy is to cut their supply lines. The Taliban just had obama cut our supply lines for them.

Wow.

I mean, just WOW.

Okay, so, uh, just why is Obama "making our military as ineffective as possible"?

What is your fantasy reason for that?

Oh wait, I bet he plans to give the US to ... hmmm .... Hawaii cuz, as all rw's know, Hawaii is part of the great "COUNTRY" of Africa.

You really should be treated for that bad case of disshititis that you have.

No one is malnourished. No one is going hungry. Some people need to learn that not everything you read on the Internet is true.

For a mouth breather, if it is something they want to believe, then it is true. Critical thinking is alien technology.

It's a lack of common sense. Bases that are closing and transitioning to Afghani hands have eliminated a hot breakfast and somehow that becomes "The troops are being starved by Obama!". o_O

It's hard to wrap my head around that people actually think that way.

It's part of an intentional lie-propaganda machine. I don't think the OP or most of these mythmakers are stupid enough to believe half these myths -- I think they deliberately propagate them in hopes that some will read them without the requisite critical eye (nose for bullshit) and walk away believing the myth. A lot gets mythtified that way.

That's why there should be some way to take threads like this and superimpose a stamp in block letters that says "BULLSHIT" as a watermark. The line would be difficult to draw, and I'm not sure how it would work, but in a perfect world, propagating myths intentionally should be impossible. Maybe we could neg the thread itself...?

It specifically says this has nothing to do with cost cutting, that most troops are not effected, that no one is going hungry and that its part of moving the troops out of those bases.

Well, a good way of moving troops out the country is to stop feeding them. I read the link. It was convenient liberal doublespeak. Which falls right in line with so many families (some of them posting here) saying that their family members serving in Afghanistan are asking for care packages of food.

I watched A Face In The Crowd last night. 1957 film with Andy Griffith.

It should be a primer for all the rubes on this forum.

Wow.

I mean, just WOW.

Okay, so, uh, just why is Obama "making our military as ineffective as possible"?

What is your fantasy reason for that?

Oh wait, I bet he plans to give the US to ... hmmm .... Hawaii cuz, as all rw's know, Hawaii is part of the great "COUNTRY" of Africa.

he's killing them by pulling them out of never-ending deployments in an 11-year circular firing-squad/quagmire? :eusa_eh: Only a rw'er could use the pretzel logic that Katzndogs uses DAILY here. How long do we have to witness that dummy vomit forth her zaney & unsubstantiated faux noise?

BTW- you ever serve Katzndogs?

Last edited:
I think it would have had more impact if we had been told that Troops were not getting water. I can see it now: Thousands of American troops in Afghanistan being denied water because Obama cut the delivery method to save money. Or how about both, no food and no water? I guess a no clean underwear report wouldn't get much response but how about medical care? In any case-no hot breakfast-just doesn't do it for me.

Wouldn't a weak military be what you want? I mean, that way they can't become tyrannical and enslave Americans. I mean that's your fear right? You need your guns to defend against the tyrannical government. So weakening the military should be what YOU want.

How true. Dumb shit stories like these and the dumb shits that swallow them whole, have a propensity for pretending to believing anything bad about the President, no matter how unreasonable it sounds.

Traditionally, the front lines get the what's-left portion, it is the right of the rear echelons to have first pick of the supply route. This rule is taught at West Point and is old as the military. Even Hannibal's troops complained about the crummy elephants they were getting.

U.S. Troops denied hot breakfast in Afghanistan?, page 1​

Pages: << 1 2 3 4 >>
ATS Members have flagged this thread 8 times

Topic started on 31-1-2013 @ 10:33 AM by Wrabbit2000
This is quite a story to come out. Troops are apparently being told they can make do on MRE's on base for their breakfasts. It's being done, according to this, in the interests of drawing down forces and logistics, not budget concerns. Personally, when it can be planned out specicially to numbers of bases and dates the meal service is cut off for so many at once? This isn't a mere quirk related to draw down, IMO. It's a slap in the face and insult to the men fighting and dying in a place I'd be happy to see them ALL come home from.

On January 17, Congressman Bruce Braley wrote to Secretary of the Army John McHugh to express his concern. According to Jeff Giertz, Communications Director for the United States Congressman's office, he was prompted to do so after being contacted by the mother of one of his Iowa constituents who is serving abroad in Afghanistan.

Read more:
U.S. Troops denied hot breakfast in Afghanistan?, page 1

What the hell does "ATS Members have flagged this thread 8 times" mean?

Point of order:
Seems to me when I posted a link to a site that happened to be another message board I got descended on by a moderator who told me it was verboten here.

Is that true or not?

So let me get this straight....

In one breath, O'bama is spending us into the dumpster...

In the next breath, he's pinching so many pennies that troops are not eating... ?

Can't make this stuff up.

I think it would have had more impact if we had been told that Troops were not getting water. I can see it now: Thousands of American troops in Afghanistan being denied water because Obama cut the delivery method to save money. Or how about both, no food and no water? I guess a no clean underwear report wouldn't get much response but how about medical care? In any case-no hot breakfast-just doesn't do it for me.

The lack of fresh potable water is next. Oblamer's egregious Rules of Engagement along with cutting out breakfast is a morale issue and is really hitting the troops hard. What's next after limiting water, bullets?

The lack of fresh potable water is next. Oblamer's egregious Rules of Engagement along with cutting out breakfast is a morale issue and is really hitting the troops hard. What's next after limiting water, bullets?

Bullets are already being limited, when I was last in the Military at the range the shooting instructors yelled at us and warned us not to waste bullets, they were running low on them. They also demanded we qualify the first time and not have to return, this was back in 2002 though.

Bullets are already being limited, when I was last in the Military at the range the shooting instructors yelled at us and warned us not to waste bullets, they were running low on them. They also demanded we qualify the first time and not have to return, this was back in 2002 though.

I can't speak for what is going on today, except I know that Midnight chow was restricted to those who worked mid shift and grave yard shift. As far as ammo was concerned, there were never restrictions. Even when in combat, we could carry as much as we were capable of carrying. That's why when the mickey mattel came on line we liked it until we had those jamming problems. Today that's all behind us. Now Oblamer says breakfast is no longer necessary and ammo will become a premium by rationing. Oh, and don't shoot at Gomer if he lays down his AK after shooting at you.

How can anything you ever post be credible.

obama-eats-1-450x299.jpg

"I-gots to have me chitlins and grits"

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

1/31/13
By Daniel Greenfield

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

Well, a good way of moving troops out the country is to stop feeding them. I read the link. It was convenient liberal doublespeak. Which falls right in line with so many families (some of them posting here) saying that their family members serving in Afghanistan are asking for care packages of food.

Soldiers have always asked their families for care packages regardless of the war or circumstances. That's nothing new. The restriction on a hot breakfast isn't theater-wide, but just for the time a base is shutting down. No one on the front lines is being denied meals.

Forum List

Back