More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

Only the ten millionth thread on this ever... JC as a lib or con is the same as asking rabbit or duck...

Duck-Rabbit_illusion.jpg

duck_rabbit.gif

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.

Remember when Jesus chided the Romans for not paying their "Fair share"? Yeah, me neither

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

Jesus spoke of individuals helping other individuals. Today's liberals speak of building a nanny state where it is government that helps the individual. With Christ's way, we have people being charitable towards others; with the liberal way, we have government entitlements. Entitlements yank the heart and soul out of not only the "entitled", but those whom the government is taking from so it can claim the title of benevolence.

Consider: What did Christ ask from the government? vs What do liberals ask from the government? The answers: Nothing vs Everything.

Remember Christ wanting no human coming between God and man? In the same way, I believe he would speak out about no bureaucracy coming between people helping people.

Only the ten millionth thread on this ever... JC as a lib or con is the same as asking rabbit or duck...

Duck-Rabbit_illusion.jpg

duck_rabbit.gif
yea, it's like if I ever see one more thread for the 156,089,987,546,541 time if Hitler was a liberal or a con I am going to break my phone

Christ was a communist for trying to help the poor.

Maybe a way to understand leftist is needed here

Some leftist see the government as an organization that can encourage all to act. Something akin to a secular church.

Hence, when they talk of welfare, they talk of secular charity that feeds the poor.

When they talk of universal health care, they talk of tending the sick.

In act of charity you can find in your church, I bet liberals have sought a secular means through government to do the same.

Is that wrong or right? I'll leave that to others to answer. I find it some what creepy, although beneficial for society in general.

Not that one should try to categorize Jesus politically but he was not a liberal. For starters, He believed in free will, liberals don't.
He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor

He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor
3 comments, 3 lies. Your avatar shows what you think of Jesus.

"He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor"

That is my post tell me where the lies are .....

Jesus was no liberal in He believed in the Sanctity of Life. No Abortion. He believed Homosexuality to be a sin. No gay marriage. Jesus is Above political names and designations. But anyone who thinks He was a liberal probably hasn't read a bible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus was no liberal in He believed in the Sanctity of Life. No Abortion. He believed Homosexuality to be a sin. No gay marriage. Jesus is Above political names and designations. But anyone who thinks He was a liberal probably hasn't read a bible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let me see he approved of taxes, he hung out with 12 dudes, he was against punitive actions like throwing rocks at people with sins, he gave away food, he provided free health care and was constantly advocating for the poor including asking his followers to sell their possesions and give it to the poor...sounds very liberal to me so liberal he got crucified.............

Maybe a way to understand leftist is needed here

Some leftist see the government as an organization that can encourage all to act. Something akin to a secular church.

Hence, when they talk of welfare, they talk of secular charity that feeds the poor.

When they talk of universal health care, they talk of tending the sick.

In act of charity you can find in your church, I bet liberals have sought a secular means through government to do the same.

Is that wrong or right? I'll leave that to others to answer. I find it some what creepy, although beneficial for society in general.
Big difference. Government uses force, Jesus didn't.

I do find it interesting that the people most obsessed with "proving" Jesus was a political liberal have no relationship with Him at all...

"He believed in taxes the Cons do not...he believed that the poor deserve the best.......the Cons have a psychopathic hatred for the poor"

That is my post tell me where the lies are .....
How about if you back up what your statements with some documentation first?

Forum List

Back