Milley, McKenzie say they recommended 2,500 troops stay in Afghanistan, after Biden claims he was never told

You are just making shit up
There was no 18 month period without US deaths
Here is another one from Feb. You do the math.

You're certainly making the case that the whole thing was Quid Pro's responsibility. He owns it.
Bush made the decision to attack
Everything that happened in Iraq and Afghanistan is his responsibility

Biden got us out

Here is another one from Feb. You do the math.

No U.S. troops have died in combat in Afghanistan for a year as of Monday, but the Taliban have threatened to target them again if Washington opts to keep international forces in the country after a May withdrawal deadline.

More incentive for Biden to get our troops out of harms way
So in your 18 months, are you giving Trump credit for 6 months under Biden?

Bush made the decision to attack
Everything that happened in Iraq and Afghanistan is his responsibility

Biden got us out
Okay, so Quid Pro modified TRUMP!'s plan, which you applaud and give him total credit for, but he doesn't own responsibility for the way everything went down because reasons and W bad?

No U.S. troops have died in combat in Afghanistan for a year as of Monday, but the Taliban have threatened to target them again if Washington opts to keep international forces in the country after a May withdrawal deadline.

More incentive for Biden to get our troops out of harms way
So in your 18 months, are you giving Trump credit for 6 months under Biden?
Yeah. Until the botched pullout we were fine.

rightwinger
Nope. I condemn him for not following the plan. The plan that would have had all of our people and the friendlies out of the Stan. By ignoring the plan he brought the whole mess down on himself. He waited to long.

Once everyone was out those 2,500 troops would have been flown home.

rightwinger
Nope. I condemn him for not following the plan. The plan that would have had all of our people and the friendlies out of the Stan. By ignoring the plan he brought the whole mess down on himself. He waited to long.

Once everyone was out those 2,500 troops would have been flown home.

Trump’s “plan” involved Afghan troops providing cover as we withdrew

How did that work out?

rightwinger
Trump was no longer POTUS but you can bet your ass he would have dealt with that. Bidung fucked it all up. I'm glad we got most out but there are still some there and the Taliban now rules the country.

Godboy
You are oh so right. Trump would have followed the plan and gotten them all out along with billions of dollars worth of military equipment that was supposed to leave with us.

Trumps withdrawal relied on Afghan forces to provide cover while we pulled out. Those forces did not last ten days.

How would Trump have gotten us out?
Hey moron, you do realize most of the Taliban fighters were in Pakistan in May, right? The Taliban cant mobilize to fight in May because its too cold. No fight would have taken place at that time. Youre dumb.

Godboy
Nah he's just trying to defend his vote for incompetent Bidung. He will never admit he made a mistake. Just another idiot.

Milley, McKenzie say they recommended 2,500 troops stay in Afghanistan, after Biden claims he was never told

Milley defended phone calls where he reportedly said he would warn China of a US attack, saying his loyalty to US is 'absolute'

28 Sep 2021 ~~ By Brooke Singman
Top military officials on Tuesday testified that they assessed that the U.S. should maintain a presence of at least 2,500 troops in Afghanistan, with Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin admitting that their input was "received" by President Biden, despite Biden's claims to the contrary.
Austin, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley, and head of U.S. Central Command Gen. Kenneth McKenzie appeared before the Senate Armed Services Committee Tuesday for a public hearing on the Biden administration's chaotic military withdrawal from Afghanistan.
McKenzie and Milley both testified that they recommended maintaining a presence of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
"I won't share my personal recommendation to the president, but I will give you my honest opinion and my honest opinion and view shaped my recommendation," McKenzie testified. "And I recommended that we maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan."
~Snip~
White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted during the hearing in response to their testimony: "As @POTUS told ABC, ending the war in Afghanistan was in our national interest. He said advice was split, but consensus of top military advisors was 2500 troops staying meant escalation due to deal by the previous admin."
"@SecDef, the Chairman, and GEN McKenzie all reiterated," she added.

Comment:
It appears that the upper echelon of the military has become "corporate" in their handling of scenarios. They are no longer warriors but career invested, political minded people, that don't care for their subordinates any more.
So Joey Xi Bai Dung lied to ABC's Stephanopoulos during the interview. Bai Dung is a pathological liar.
Interesting how lower ranked military personnel can be prosecuted and tried for voicing their objections on the manner in which the United States withdrew from Afghanistan, but T.V. generals don't have to answer for their telephone calls to a foreign power without the knowledge of the POTUS, leak information to reporters or become secret Whistleblower's for Democrats..... what hypocrisy.
According to testimony by two Generals and the Secretary of Defense, Joey Xi was advised against the actions his ordered regarding the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Each recommended that at least 2,500 to 5,000 troops remain in Afghanistan to maintain stability.
Excerpt: General McKenzie said,:
"I won't share my personal recommendation to the president, but I will give you my honest opinion and my honest opinion and view shaped my recommendation," McKenzie testified. "And I recommended that we maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan."​
McKenzie said he made a similar recommendation in the fall of 2020 under the Trump administration, which also had intentions to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan, saying, at the time, he recommended the U.S. maintain at least 4,000 troops".​
It appears that Joey Xi Bai Dung continues to lie to America.

Really? Can they leak those emails to the press?

Forum List

Back