Milley: Waiting to Evacuate American Citizens, Afghan Allies Was a Huge Mistake

So they would have kept attacking the base yes? Do you believe an airbase in a hostile country with no landward means of communication/support is a tenable position?

that base was in a strategic location. Their forces couldnt get near it without getting obliterated because of our airpower. It also had long air fields which could have been used to evacuate civilians. We would not have needed to rely on the Kabul airport which was under the control of the Taliban.

It should have been the very last place to be evacuated....especially when we could see what the taliban were doing.. it was a slow enough process as they were pushing back Afghan forces.... that we could have reacted properly, and took into consideration what was going to happen.

Hanging onto that base another year at least would have saved many lives... is that ok with you? or would that have been a big problem?

that base was in a strategic location. Their forces couldnt get near it without getting obliterated because of our airpower. It also had long air fields which could have been used to evacuate civilians. We would not have needed to rely on the Kabul airport which was under the control of the Taliban.

It should have been the very last place to be evacuated....especially when we could see what the taliban were doing.. it was a slow enough process as they were pushing back Afghan forces.... that we could have reacted properly, and took into consideration what was going to happen.

Hanging onto that base another year at least would have saved many lives... is that ok with you? or would that have been a big problem?
How would you have have supplied it?

To a man, the Taliban honoured the deal
Baloney. The Taliban only honored one provision out of seven, and that was to not shoot the us or our allies in the butt while we skedaddled. We were "assholes and elbows" heading for the door.

They didn't need to attack the base. They just needed to attack the people trying to get to the base.

Sec. Lloyd Austin: (23:40)
So let me take each in turn. Retaining Bagram would’ve required putting as many as 5,000 US troops in harms way just to operate and defend it. And it would’ve contributed little to the mission that we’ve been assigned and that was to protect and defend the embassy, which was some 30 miles away. That distance from Kabul also rendered Bagram of little value in the evacuation. Staying at Bagram even for counter-terrorism purposes meant staying at war in Afghanistan, something that the president made clear that he would not do.

Its an air base. You fly the stuff in. We had the capability...how do you think we had been supplying our troops all those years?
Road routes through Pakistan.

But you believe Bagram would have done it. Thats fair. I don't necessarily disagree. Hence why I was asking how you would support it. Historically, when the land routes go away those fields don't land... starting with Dien Bien Phu. But US air logistics are impressive so it might work.

Milley was appointed by the Dirty Don.

The seeds of the so called disaster were sown in March and April of 2020 when Benedict Donald refused to make the reduction of our troops contingent on the Taliban meeting all the conditions of the Doha Accords. Even though the Trumpsters administration touted them as conditional . The peace talks should have begun in March, they didn't, but we still reduce our forces to 8,600 as per the Accords. The troop reduction continued throughout the rest of 2020. In fact, at one point Benedict ordered the complete withdrawal of all our troops by Jan.15th 2021. About a week later he flip-flopped and ordered a reduction to 2,500 soldiers by then.

Well sometimes you dont know what your going to get when you appoint someone. Obama on the other hand purged a whole lot of generals for political reasons.

I didnt really agree with Trump on this one anyway. It wasnt time to pull out of Afghanistan.... he gave into pressure. Its been the drumbeat of the Left to pull out of Afghanistan for years ...but look how long we left forces in Europe after WW2... they are still there.

Afghans needed more time. They were making progress.

Good for you! Say something stupid when you can't understand the reality of the surrender to the Taliban.
You're humping up the wrong leg on this one, Canuck dumbass. This here is an area of expertise of mine.

Timeline:

Trump negotiates withdrawal from Afghanistan from a position of power after killing Iranian general:

Trump brings a lot of troops and equipment home, military kinda fights him about it. (Milley et al.)

Trump loses election, Biden's in charge now.

Biden "extends" withdrawal date to 9/11 for photo op:

Biden disregards deal made with Taliban.

The Taliban stay up in the mountains until around April or May, so when they come down, they start taking territory.

While they did honor the deal with Trump that Biden disregarded, it's their country. So they start assuming power

after Biden hemhaws around and doesn't have everybody and everything out by May 1.

The Taliban sweep the country and panic and mayhem ensue, troops and Afghanis are killed by ISIS, falling off of planes, Taliban

take tons of US military weapons and vehicles,

total clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Hundreds of unnecessary deaths and equipment left behind

All troops are out by 8/30, Biden did not make it to "9/11".

All allied nations are mad because he didn't even give them a "heads up".

Biden is an ignorant, arrogant turd, and so are you

Last edited:
They didn't need to attack the base. They just needed to attack the people trying to get to the base.

So let me take each in turn. Retaining Bagram would’ve required putting as many as 5,000 US troops in harms way just to operate and defend it. And it would’ve contributed little to the mission that we’ve been assigned and that was to protect and defend the embassy, which was some 30 miles away. That distance from Kabul also rendered Bagram of little value in the evacuation. Staying at Bagram even for counter-terrorism purposes meant staying at war in Afghanistan, something that the president made clear that he would not do.

Why not use Afghan troops along with our own? As it is we left them high and dry. We left the base in the middle of the night without even notifying the Afghan commander..or our allies for that matter..

I dissagree that the base was of no use. In an emergency situation to save American lives on the ground..we could always re-deploy troops for a limited amount of time... seeing how the taliban was being overly aggressive.

We would have ordered them to stand down while our citizens make their way to the base for evacuation and if not we obliterate their forces.

and as I said..the base could have been used as a place of refuge for those who are still being hunted down...Afghan special forces members and interpreters. If you want... it didnt need to be forever but it was the strongest, most strategic place we held. It should have been the very last thing to go..and only evacuated if the rest of the withdrawal ..meaning civilians was going well.

As it turned out we became dependent on the Taliban for our own security.. how is that not a fuck up???

You're humping up the wrong leg on this one, Canuck dumbass. This here is an area of expertise of mine.

Timeline:

Trump negotiates withdrawal from Afghanistan from a position of power after killing Iranian general:
I'm with you Dook on giving Trump the credit for the flawless evacuation, in return allowing the Taliban to reclaim government, and to whack the traitors that remained..

Thisy here is'n our area of expertise n'stuff.

That's sho is some position of power Dook!

I'm with you Dook on giving Trump the credit for the flawless evacuation, in return allowing the Taliban to reclaim government, and to whack the traitors that remained..

Thisy here is'n our area of expertise n'stuff.

That's sho is some position of power Dook!

What traitors? would those be the Afghan women who were learning to read... learning to even open businesses , be part of the government process... your a real whack job. Honestly .. you suck as a human being.

You seemed confused over the difference between, "our embassy personnel, our American citizens, and at-risk Afghans" and military personnel.
You can make the call on those distinctions and I'll agree on all of it.

Can it now be called an unconditional surrender of American forces?

What traitors? would those be the Afghan women who were learning to read... learning to even open businesses , be part of the government process... your a real whack job. Honestly .. you suck as a human being.
Gone, all gone, on account of America (Trump,Biden) not negotiating terms of surrender that could include little girls and women. Who sucked at being human when the deal being made was a cakewalk out for America? America didn't look the gifthorse in the mouth by asking for a deal on little girls too!

Some would say that the Taliban really had no need to sit down at any negotiating table?

Gone, all gone, on account of America (Trump,Biden) not negotiating negotiating terms of surrender that could include little girls and women. Who sucked at being human when the deal being made was a cakewalk out for America? America didn't look the gifthorse in the mouth by asking for a deal on little girls too!

Some would say that the Taliban really had no need to sit down at any negotiating table?
Some would say you're a Canuck dumbass. In fact, I'd bet most would. :D

Last edited:
You're becoming an humanitarian on us, right before our eyes!

Who would have counted out the yarddog when the going got rough?

As it turned out we became dependent on the Taliban for our own security.. how is that not a fuck up???
It's called 'negotiating from a position of weakness and defeat'.

And then the Taliban showed generosity on allowing America to pull a rabbit from a hat!

What a bloodbath avoided, credited to the president that wants to step up and claim it!

You're becoming an humanitarian on us, right before our eyes!

Who would have counted out the yarddog when the going got rough?

Your the one gloating over the Taliban whacking people. Traitors to the Taliban? really? how much of the Afghan population do you believe the TALIBAN really represents?

Right. I personally did not agree with this one by Trump. Many politicians have given into pressure to leave Afghanistan in an untimely manner. It was a mistake all the way.

I seriously doubt that you're any sort of humanitarian so I don't think you would know the difference.

It's called 'negotiating from a position of weakness and defeat'.

And then the Taliban showed generosity on allowing America to pull a rabbit from a hat!

What a bloodbath avoided, credited to the president that wants to step up and claim it!

Bullshit. the point is we should have kept the airbase. Not be dependant on Taliban forces. It was a political and military fuck up... and it belongs soley to Joe Biden. He was president, not Trump.

Forum List

Back