U.S. says Chinese government blocking airplane purchases

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
China isn't abiding to an International agreement you say? No way!

Let's see if MSM talks about this and Trumps calling out of China. You can bet they will focus on anything that attacks Trump, caring little about daring to speak the truth about these unfortunate trading issues. Oddly, the U.S tech companies helped build and enrich China, and politicians/businesses said "don't prevent us from engaging in such trade".

I wonder why they don't reciprocate? Appears they view their rivals more seriously and with an agenda where the West has not. Maybe they should focus on asking "what would Trump do if he had won a re-election and they violated the trade deal"?

COVID-19 vaccine boosters recommended for long-term care residents, national advisory committee says

U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo speaks during an interview with Reuters in Washington
© Reuters/KEVIN LAMARQUE U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo speaks during an interview with Reuters in Washington
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said on Tuesday the Chinese government is preventing its domestic airlines from buying "tens of billions of dollars" of U.S.-manufactured airplanes.

Raimondo said that China was not abiding by commitments to buy U.S. goods it made in 2020 as part of a trade deal made with the previous administration.

"I don't know if Boeing is here. ... There's tens of billions of dollars of planes that Chinese airlines want to buy but the Chinese government is standing in the way," she said in a question-and-answer session after a speech in Washington.

"The Chinese need to play by the rules. We need to hold their feet to the fire and hold them accountable," she said.

Boeing and the Chinese embassy in Washington did not immediately comment.

Boeing Chief Executive Dave Calhoun in March urged the United States to keep human rights and other disputes separate from trade relations with Beijing.

"I am hoping we can sort of separate intellectual property, human rights and other things from trade and continue to encourage a free trade environment between these two economic juggernauts," Calhoun said at the time. "We cannot afford to be locked out

Why on earth do you encourage trade with a regime having such a sorry record on human rights? Are you a hypocrite?

Yes, I am a hypocrite. Only from the standpoint in that I don't make the rules, nor was I in a position of power when the rise of China was beginning.

It thus amounts to two questions: Is the West going to continue to purchase Chinese made products or not? Are businesses going to continue to expand there and manufacture there or not? We both are astutely aware that the answer to both questions is "yes", therefore, the rules of engagement between all nations must be transparent and upheld.

Forum List

Back