Milley: Waiting to Evacuate American Citizens, Afghan Allies Was a Huge Mistake

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Milley:

Waiting to Evacuate American Citizens, Afghan Allies Was a Huge Mistake

14 Sep 2023 ~~ By Ian Hanchett

During a portion of an interview with ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz set to air on Sunday’s edition of “This Week,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley stated that he agrees with former CENTCOM Commander Gen. Frank McKenzie (Ret.) that it was a massive mistake to not evacuate American citizens and at-risk Afghans sooner.
Raddatz asked, “Gen. McKenzie said it was a serious mistake not to begin to evacuate our embassy personnel, our American citizens, and at-risk Afghans earlier. Do you agree with that?”
Milley answered, “Yeah, I agree with that, sure.”
Raddatz then asked, “So, that was a mistake in the withdrawal?”
Milley responded, “I think as you look back on it, I think that some decisions with respect to moving the embassy and Department of State could have been made a little earlier, sure.”

Commentary:
Hmm...., admitting they screwed up LONG after a vast majority of Americans have forgotten about Afghanistan, aided by a Quisling MSM who stopped reporting about it.
Milley was, is, and will continue to be a complete disaster for the military and our country. His pathetic leadership has left our military in ruins and chaos. While he's calling the Chinese and keeping them informed on our country's military, he's complicit in allowing them to steal our most top secret information and weapon systems.
Joe Biden and his appointee Tony Blinken were responsible for the evacuations was the State Department’s call. They had the lead on that operation and as usual they screwed the pooch.
That doesn't justify the deaths of thousands left behind by the hands of the Taliban after September 2021.
Milley!
No competence. No honor. His legacy could've been the General that resigned in protest to try and prevent a military disaster. Instead, it's the disaster.
1694706980959.png

Last edited:
I thought Milley was trying to keep the war going. Almost half that crap was his fault.

The rest is due to Biden's ignorant arrogance of moving the agreed upon withdrawal date from 5/1 to 9/11.

(So he could give a big ol' speech and look good.) It didn't work out like Biden planned.

Milley: Waiting to Evacuate American Citizens, Afghan Allies Was a Huge Mistake​

During a portion of an interview with ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz set to air on Sunday’s edition of “This Week,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley stated that he agrees with former CENTCOM Commander Gen. Frank McKenzie (Ret.) that it was a massive mistake to not evacuate American citizens and at-risk Afghans sooner.
Raddatz asked, “Gen. McKenzie said it was a serious mistake not to begin to evacuate our embassy personnel, our American citizens, and at-risk Afghans earlier. Do you agree with that?”
Milley responded, “I think as you look back on it, I think that some decisions with respect to moving the embassy and Department of State could have been made a little earlier, sure.”

Commentary:
Hmm...., admitting they screwed up LONG after a vast majority of Americans have forgotten about Afghanistan, aided by a Quisling MSM who stopped reporting about it.
Milley was, is, and will continue to be a complete disaster for the military and our country. His pathetic leadership has left our military in ruins and chaos. While he's calling the Chinese and keeping them informed on our country's military, he's complicit in allowing them to steal our most top secret information and weapon systems.
Joe Biden and his appointee Tony Blinken were responsible for the evacuations was the State Department’s call. They had the lead on that operation and as usual they screwed the pooch.
That doesn't justify the deaths of thousands left behind by the hands of the Taliban after September 2021.
Milley!
No competence. No honor. His legacy could've been the General that resigned in protest to try and prevent a military disaster. Instead, it's the disaster.

Another example of our country's top leadership making politically motivated decisions that result in disaster.

The US Military planned the final evacuation not Biden.

Once President Biden made the decision to have US forces leave the country who designed the evacuation?

Sec. Austin: (02:01:55)
Well, Senator, again, I won’t address the advice I gave the President. I would just say that, in his calculus, this was not risk free. And the Taliban we said earlier in this hearing, were committed to recommencing their operations against our forces. His assessment was that, in order to sustain that and continue to do things that benefited the Afghans, that would require at some point that he increase our presence there in Afghanistan. So, once he made the decision, then of course, from a military perspective, in terms of the retrograde of the people and the equipment, that planning was done by Central Command, and certainly principally, by General Miller. Very detailed planning, and then we came back and briefed the entire interagency on the details of that plan.

The most successful and most bloodless evacuation of a defeated military force in the history of warfare.

Credit Trump or Biden, or both?
The biggest reveal of how our military operates to our enemies ever.

The most successful and most bloodless evacuation of a defeated military force in the history of warfare.

Credit Trump or Biden, or both?

It was a disaster, we did not need to nor should we have evacuated Baghram air force base. Simply holding onto that base would have been enough to prevent the quick advancement of the Taliban... it also would have provided a base for rescue operations... protected our Afghan allies such as special forces members and interpreters many of whom were slaughtered...it would have given them a place of refuge.

Once President Biden made the decision to have US forces leave the country who designed the evacuation?

Well, Senator, again, I won’t address the advice I gave the President. I would just say that, in his calculus, this was not risk free. And the Taliban we said earlier in this hearing, were committed to recommencing their operations against our forces. His assessment was that, in order to sustain that and continue to do things that benefited the Afghans, that would require at some point that he increase our presence there in Afghanistan. So, once he made the decision, then of course, from a military perspective, in terms of the retrograde of the people and the equipment, that planning was done by Central Command, and certainly principally, by General Miller. Very detailed planning, and then we came back and briefed the entire interagency on the details of that plan.

To bad Obama had purged every general from our military who had common sense for this type of operation. We can see what he left us with.

Milley:

Commentary:
Milley!

This guy again?

“Guy” might be too much of an assumption…

IMG_6369.jpeg

Clearly, America made a deal with the Taliban to allow them to become government, in exchange for a safe military evacuation.

Now wonder nobody wants to take credit for it's huge success!

Just imagine how the Taliban would have swatted down US aircraft trying to leave, had there been no deal made with the Taliban.

It was a disaster, we did not need to nor should we have evacuated Baghram air force base. Simply holding onto that base would have been enough to prevent the quick advancement of the Taliban... it also would have provided a base for rescue operations... protected our Afghan allies such as special forces members and interpreters many of whom were slaughtered...it would have given them a place of refuge.
You're failing to understand that America had no intention of rewarding it's Afghani accomplices.

The object of the operation was to get Americans out safely and the deal with the Taliban accomplished that perfectly.

The Taliban wasn't even responsible for the 13 that were whacked.

Are Americans thinking that the Taliban loved America's military personnel?

This success story is a war story that no American should be bringing back to life.

America fought for over twenty years, just to end up handing the country over to their enemy.

Milley:

Commentary:
Milley!

Milley is correct, but Trump never gave it a second thought when he was "negotiating" with the Taliban in February of 2020.

As it all unfolded we still had it within our power to hang onto Bagrahm..once the taliban broke their side of the bargain all bets were off. Biden was unable to see this as things were slowly unfolding in front of all our eyes... he was supossed to be the expert, the experienced life long politician he was suppossed to be good at this sort of thing, but he was basically asleep not sure what to do.

Credit Biden or Trump or both, or neither!

Best that the topic wasn't brought up again.

The world's best spin propagandists can't counterspin the facts on this one.

To a man, the Taliban honoured the deal made that could never be kept secret. And what a deal it was! America continues to honour the deal to this day![/B]

American citizens and Afghan allies should have gotten out of the country commencing with the US/Taliban agreement and completed prior to our forces being down to its final 2,500.

So they would have kept attacking the base yes? Do you believe an airbase in a hostile country with no landward means of communication/support is a tenable position?
Exactly! There's just no way of putting a counterspin on a success story that went exactly as planned by America, Biden, Trump, US military, who cares who?

The Taliban just weren't prepared to allow the traitors to leave at the same time.

American citizens and Afghan allies should have gotten out of the country commencing with the US/Taliban agreement and completed prior to our forces being down to its final 2,500.
Without the surrender and the evacuation deal, it would have been a bloodbath for both the Taliban and the defeated US military. There's no counterspin that can work for that!

The topic should have never been brought up again.

To bad Obama had purged every general from our military who had common sense for this type of operation. We can see what he left us with.
Milley was appointed by the Dirty Don.

The seeds of the so called disaster were sown in March and April of 2020 when Benedict Donald refused to make the reduction of our troops contingent on the Taliban meeting all the conditions of the Doha Accords. Even though the Trumpsters administration touted them as conditional . The peace talks should have begun in March, they didn't, but we still reduce our forces to 8,600 as per the Accords. The troop reduction continued throughout the rest of 2020. In fact, at one point Benedict ordered the complete withdrawal of all our troops by Jan.15th 2021. About a week later he flip-flopped and ordered a reduction to 2,500 soldiers by then.

Forum List

Back