Merged Obama's Background

Yet Another Fawning Portrait of Obama From LA Times!
Posted by Dave Pierre on January 29, 2007 - 19:50.
Somebody get the Los Angeles Times and Barack Obama a room! Twenty-four hours ago, I posted an item called, "LA Times' Glowing Coverage of Obama in Full Throttle." My premise: The Times is basically engaged in a full-on love affair with Barack Obama.

So imagine the look on my face when I picked up the Times this morning to see yet another fawning portrait of Obama today (Mon. Jan. 29, 2007)! This time, the piece is, "Occidental recalls 'Barry' Obama," placed prominently on the top of page B1 spanning 1,456 words. (See an image of the article.) Three photos, including one of a smiling, youthful Obama, accompany the piece. Need I even mention that the article is a pretty positive sketch of its subject?

Let's recap:

"Obama raises stakes for Democrats," Wed. January 17, 2007, page A1, 1,469 words (see an image) ...

"Early on, Obama showed talent for bridging divisions," Sat. Jan. 27, 2007, page A1, 1,204 words (see an image) ...

"Occidental recalls 'Barry' Obama," Mon. Jan. 29, 2007, page B1, 1,456 words (see an image) ...

That's a lot of nice coverage, folks! Wouldn't you say?

http://newsbusters.org/node/10487

I love these stupid phrases the media come up with. What the hell is does showing "talent for bridging divisions" mean? Can anyone provide an example of this?

I love these stupid phrases the media come up with. What the hell is does showing "talent for bridging divisions" mean? Can anyone provide an example of this?

getting slow moving and uncaring city bureaucrats in Chicago who were responsible for maintenance of rundown housing projects to sit down and listen to their tenants.... getting the tenants to come to the meetings prepared to calmly and effectively state their grievances and prioritize them.... getting the bureaucrats to appropriate sufficient funds to address the priority concerns.... getting tenants to provide the city with feedback on the status of repairs... you get the idea. Before Obama's leadership, the tenants just grumbled and whined and the bureaucrats ignored them.

I hope that answered your question.

getting slow moving and uncaring city bureaucrats in Chicago who were responsible for maintenance of rundown housing projects to sit down and listen to their tenants.... getting the tenants to come to the meetings prepared to calmly and effectively state their grievances and prioritize them.... getting the bureaucrats to appropriate sufficient funds to address the priority concerns.... getting tenants to provide the city with feedback on the status of repairs... you get the idea. Before Obama's leadership, the tenants just grumbled and whined and the bureaucrats ignored them.

Not really, because he is hardly the only politician to do such things. And setting up little town meetings to discuss things doesn't really appy to the national scene. I'm wondering how he could possibly 'bridge divisions' in Congress. Every side always preaches they need to work together, but the reality is neither side will budge in their beliefs.

Yeah, right. Where the hell do you find that? Most of the housing projects were on the 'goner' list before Obama was around. Funny thing, first they had to come up with places to move the people to. Good thinking, don't you think?

Good luck finding out anything, he's not talking regarding the muslim school.

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070211/ap/d8n7n7bg0.html

To me it's much ado about nothing, but why not have put this out earlier?

Monday February 12, 3:50 AM
Obama Says Voters Curious on His Faith

Photo: AP
Click to enlarge

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Sunday he does not think voters have a litmus test on religion, whether evangelical Christianity or his childhood years in the Muslim faith.

"If your name is Barack Hussein Obama, you can expect it, some of that. I think the majority of voters know that I'm a member of the United Church of Christ, and that I take my faith seriously," Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press.

"Ultimately what I think voters will be looking for is not so much a litmus test on faith as an assurance that a candidate has a value system and that is appreciative of the role that religious faith can play in helping shape people's lives," he said.

In the interview, Obama also said his race might be a "novelty" this early in the presidential contest, sparred with the prime minister of Australia over Iraq, and said he has a higher burden of proof with voters because of his relative inexperience. Obama formally announced his candidacy in Illinois on Saturday and made a beeline for Iowa, site of the first nominating contest next Jan. 14.

Obama's religious background has come under scrutiny because he attended a Muslim school in Indonesia from age 6 to 10. Obama, who was born in Hawaii, lived in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather from 1967 to 1971 and subsequently returned to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents...

why not have put this out earlier???? Nobody who ever read "Dreams of My Father" would ask such a ridiculous question.

why not have put this out earlier???? Nobody who ever read "Dreams of My Father" would ask such a ridiculous question.

Come now, go back several pages and read how many said that 'what the grandfather's religion was, had nothing to do with Barak.' Not too mention those that said it was all based on the 'school' which was as open and diverse as any found in Manhattan.

so he is/was a muslim....big deal....bush is a christian .... big deal ....jfk was catholic ....big deal .... fdr prayed .... big deal ... leiberman is a jew .... big deal .....

obama has no experience = no vote from me

so he is/was a muslim....big deal....bush is a christian .... big deal ....jfk was catholic ....big deal .... fdr prayed .... big deal ... leiberman is a jew .... big deal .....

obama has no experience = no vote from me

in fact, Obama has more experience than Abraham Lincoln had...I suppose you wouldn't have voted for him either?

I'd vote for PM Howard over Barack Hussein Obama. Come to think of it, I'd vote a yellow dog over Barack Hussein Obama.

Come now, go back several pages and read how many said that 'what the grandfather's religion was, had nothing to do with Barak.' Not too mention those that said it was all based on the 'school' which was as open and diverse as any found in Manhattan.

.............he gets by with a little help from his friends......

AP Changes Obama Story
As we noted yesterday, the Associated Press released a story stating that Barack Obama had been a Muslim in his childhood. This is the original version of their lead paragraph:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Sunday he does not think voters have a litmus test on religion, whether evangelical Christianity or his childhood years in the Muslim faith.

This paragraph has now been quietly edited, and the original assertion softened up: Obama Stresses Appreciation for Faith. (Hat tip: zombie.)

IOWA FALLS, Iowa (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Sunday he does not think voters have a litmus test on religion, whether evangelical Christianity or his childhood years in a largely Muslim country.

Is it a correction, or an attempt to whitewash Obama’s record? Allahpundit notes that Obama’s communications director has stated that Obama was never a Muslim. Not to suggest that politicians might ever lie, but the truth is anyone’s guess at this point.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=24411_AP_Changes_Obama_Story&only&headline

...............he gets high with a little from his friends.........

Newsweek's Meacham: Obama Will Make Voters Face Their Prejudices Against Democrats
Posted by Michael Rule on February 12, 2007 - 18:36.

Jon Meacham, Executive Editor of "Newsweek" joined the Obama bandwagon on Monday’s "Imus in the Morning" program. Mr Meacham declared that Senator Obama’s presidential candidacy was a good thing because it will make people face their prejudices, not only in terms of race, but against Democrats as well. Meacham further declared Senator Hillary Clinton to be old news. Later, in the segment, Meacham praised John Kerry, particularly his "finest moment" when he denounced the Vietnam war and claimed Senator Kerry’s statement asking "how do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake," is prescient now, and Mr. Meacham regrets that the Democrats are so rough on the Massachusetts Senator.

Mr. Meacham, appearing in the 6:00 hour of the Imus program discussed Illinois Senator Barack Obama’s presidential candidacy, and noted that he thought Obama had a shot at winning and that his candidacy would make voters face their own preconceptions:

Don Imus: "All of those people have no chance, or Villsack or these other people, they have no chance. He [Obama] does have a chance doesn’t he?"

Jon Meacham: "I think Obama has a good chance, and what’s good about it is it’s going to force everybody to examine their prejudices and their preexisting ideas not only about race, but about what Democrats are like. He’s, you know, an early and often critic of the war, and you watched Senator Clinton in New Hampshire doing a tap dance over the weekend about her vote, and I think there are a lot of people who just don’t want to hear about the nuances of why they voted for war at this point."

Mr. Imus responded by opining he thought Hillary Clinton was old news, an assessment with which Mr. Meacham agreed:

Don Imus: "She seems like old news, kind of, doesn’t she?"

Jon Meacham: "You know, that’s exactly what I think, and this is a personal opinion. But I think there’s some Clinton/Bush fatigue in the country. Since 1980, except for one year, there’s been a–no, actually no, a Bush or Clinton has been on the Democratic ticket or Republican ticket since ‘80 pretty much. And so it’s–I think people, you know people will take a look at her and God knows, everybody knows that things are serious and they want somebody who’s gonna be sensible and strong, but sensible and strong."

Following the discussion of the Democratic Presidential race, Mr. Imus mentioned Senator John Kerry, who was to appear later in the program. Jon Meacham lamented that Democrats had been rough on the Massachusetts’s Senator:

"Well, there is something liberating about that. What I–I always wanted to ask him and haven’t had a chance to, how does he feel about being the member of the party that the moment you almost become president, the Democrats immediately have you for lunch and never speak to you again? You know, it happened with Gore for a long time; it happened with Kerry. It’s very interesting to me, where as Republicans revere their elders, the Democrats just turn on them. And these guys, who’ve come really close, I mean, I’ve forgotten the number, you know, some votes, some pretty small number of votes in Ohio and Kerry would be, you know, in his third year-- starting his third year as president."

And Mr. Meacham recalled what he describes as John Kerry’s "finest public moment" and related it to Iraq:

"Well, I think it’s an interesting question for him, or it would be interesting if, because I think of it this way, possibly his finest public moment was when he was so young and that wonderful line about how do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake? And that’s been resonating with me as we watch things deteriorate. You know, shooting down these helicopters; Iran supplying the insurgents, and our apparent refusal to even talk to these guys which is what Baker and those guys wanted us to do."

What Mr. Meacham describes as Senator Kerry’s finest moment came in the same hearing where he disparaged his fellow Vietnam veterans, accusing them of war crimes:

"They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

Yet Mr. Meacham neglected to remind viewers of this portion of Senator Kerry’s testimony. But then again, maybe some would raise questions as to just how fine a moment this was had Meacham mentioned the statement above.

http://newsbusters.org/node/10785

"They told stories that at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

You fail to notice (why am I not surprised?) that Kerry is recounting the stories of others. Are you suggesting that Americans did not do all of those acts described during the Vietnam conflict?

The John F'n Kerry's testimony was heresay, unapplicable. But at least he isn't trying to run for the nomination in 2008, and is over in Europe bashing his own country again, which any real Democrat does.

The chief editor of Newsweek is jumping on the Barack Hussein Obama bandwagon, and in the very next breath, they'll claim they aren't biased.

Barry will crash and burn on his own accord for a change, that'll make Hillary Clinton AND the VRWC's load lighter!

DURHAM, N.H. -- In his first stumble, White House hopeful Barack Obama on Monday took back words from the day before, when he said the lives of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq were "wasted."

Following his Springfield launch on Saturday, Obama wrapped up a three-day swing in the key primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire, ending at a University of New Hampshire rally where he assailed the "trivialization of politics" where "it is all about who makes a gaffe."

In this case, that would be Obama, the Illinois Democrat.

During his first press conference as a presidential candidate at Iowa State University, Obama, discussing his opposition to the Iraq war, said the war "should have never been authorized, and should have never been waged, and on which we've now spent $400 billion, and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted.''
http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/254536,CST-NWS-sweet13.article

Should've, would've, how arrogant can you be to summarize a soilder's life as "wasted"? Barack Hussein Obama should have never been elected, should have never ran for the nomination, and should be voted out ASAP.

The Dems are now the Botched Remark party.

The John F'n Kerry's testimony was heresay, unapplicable. But at least he isn't trying to run for the nomination in 2008, and is over in Europe bashing his own country again, which any real Democrat does.

The chief editor of Newsweek is jumping on the Barack Hussein Obama bandwagon, and in the very next breath, they'll claim they aren't biased.

Barry will crash and burn on his own accord for a change, that'll make Hillary Clinton AND the VRWC's load lighter!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/254536,CST-NWS-sweet13.article

Should've, would've, how arrogant can you be to summarize a soilder's life as "wasted"? Barack Hussein Obama should have never been elected, should have never ran for the nomination, and should be voted out ASAP.
You don't seem alone in thinking that. Links:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/016764.php
February 12, 2007
Obamanations

In his announcement speech last week Senator Obama gave us his own version of "The Big Rock Candy Mountain," as Paul points out below. Then he insulted Australian Prime Minister John Howard and Australia's contribution to the war effort in Iraq. Several readers wrote to point out that Senator Obama's reference to Prime Minister Howard as "one of George W. Bush's allies" overlooked the fact that Australia is America's ally, not President Bush's ally. It's a fundamental distinction that even a United States senator should be able to grasp.

On Saturday at Iowa State University he lamented "over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted" in Iraq. By the time he met up with the editors of the Des Moines register, Obama was characterizing his reference to wasted lives as "sort of a slip of the tongue as I was speaking." Senator Obama's "slips of the tongue" cross Obama with abomination in a phenomenon that I am dubbing Obamanations. I have the sense that we have heard only the first few installments of a continuing series.
Posted by Scott at 08:54 PM

Obama is far too inexperienced to be President. There is a vast difference between being a politician and being a Statesman, which he obviously hasn't learned.

Senators make lousy Executives.

Forum List

Back