Massive railroad strike is a go this Friday.

Your union was able to get those things for you by using the threat of a strike. Creepy Joe has taken that option away from Railway workers unions. Now all they have is the kindness of government, God help them.
The railroad workers got a HUGE salary increase. They just did not get their paid sick days they sought.

Not literally.
If you get a 24% raise, you make the same $ in 4 days that to do in 5.
So, if you only work 4 days a week - taking 5th day off - you don't lose any money.
In essence, the raise allows them to take 52 paid days off per year - outside vacation time, etc.
Take a day off every week and you`ll be fired, union or not. I was union for 35 years and dozens were canned for various offenses.

The railroad workers got a HUGE salary increase. They just did not get their paid sick days they sought.
Because they do not have the threat of a strike.

I'm guessing sick days are pretty important to railroad workers, considering the unhealthy conditions they work in. I look for more of them now to claim disability, rather than watch their bank accounts be drained by along job-related illness.

Thanks, Biden! Like our transportation system wasn't a mess enough already.

Because they do not have the threat of a strike.

I'm guessing sick days are pretty important to railroad workers, considering the unhealthy conditions they work in. I look for more of them now to claim disability, rather than watch their bank accounts be drained by along job-related illness.

Thanks, Biden! Like our transportation system wasn't a mess enough already.
Very few people who have collective bargaining agreements have the right to strike. You are simply in error.

The reason they gave was paid time-off.

Will Biden fire the Railway Workers if they Strike?

Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers when they illegally struck. Would Biden have the same backbone?

Will Biden fire the Railway Workers if they Strike?

Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers when they illegally struck. Would Biden have the same backbone?
Why should he? Reagan`s idiocy caused a lot of disruption even though it was a hit with his low wage, white trash base.

Forum List

Back