These Union Workers Need To Be Fired - All Of Them

Class division is part of capitalism.

Actually Capitalism has been around for millennia. The basic concept that a person can invest their capital in a way that provide a return on that capital is fundamental to human civilization.

The concept that workers belong to one class and better paid workers belong to another class is a recent, within the last century, invention that is intended to give emotional weight to the argument that ALL workers should receive similar compensation, regardless of the value of their contribution.

We are ALL workers. Some of us work on the factory floor, some of us work in the boardroom, but we ALL work.

Actually Capitalism has been around for millennia. The basic concept that a person can invest their capital in a way that provide a return on that capital is fundamental to human civilization.

The concept that workers belong to one class and better paid workers belong to another class is a recent, within the last century, invention that is intended to give emotional weight to the argument that ALL workers should receive similar compensation, regardless of the value of their contribution.

We are ALL workers. Some of us work on the factory floor, some of us work in the boardroom, but we ALL work.
Correct. But the two groups are separate. Separate ideals. Nothing wrong with it just a fact. Class division is part of it all.

Correct. But the two groups are separate. Separate ideals.

Ideals don't relate to economic class. I personally know rich people who are conservative in their values and other who are quite liberal. The exact same can be said for those less rich.

In my own family, between siblings who are all in the same basic economic class, the range of values between conservative and liberal is quite distinct.

I myself hold values that some would consider quite conservative and others would consider quite liberal.

There is no such thing as monolithic block of classes who all have identical values. That has never existed.

Ideals don't relate to economic class. I personally know rich people who are conservative in their values and other who are quite liberal. The exact same can be said for those less rich.

In my own family, between siblings who are all in the same basic economic class, the range of values between conservative and liberal is quite distinct.

I myself hold values that some would consider quite conservative and others would consider quite liberal.

There is no such thing as monolithic block of classes who all have identical values. That has never existed.
Agreed but the nation is still divided by economic class. It's the biggest divider we have. Always been that way always will. Why do you take issue with this fact? It doesn't hurt anything.

Still waiting for you to tell me what the UAW strike has to do with an air traffic controller strike from 40 years ago...

Why do you keep dodging simple questions?
They are both Union strikes…I thought that was obvious

When are you going to tell us why you lied about what he said and why you edited what he said?

Agreed but the nation is still divided by economic class. It's the biggest divider we have. Always been that way always will. Why do you take issue with this fact? It doesn't hurt anything.

Division between classes, division between races, divisions between political ideologies, divisions of any sorts are fundamentally bad for society. The idea of class structure foments class struggle.

The artificial barriers between us do nothing to enhance the cohesiveness of society.

Division between classes, division between races, divisions between political ideologies, divisions of any sorts are fundamentally bad for society. The idea of class structure foments class struggle.

The artificial barriers between us do nothing to enhance the cohesiveness of society.
Yep. But those divisions are very strong and still exist. It's always been this way. It's not ever going to change.

Yep. But those divisions are very strong and still exist. It's always been this way. It's not ever going to change.

They exist in our heads because we've been taught they exist ... but is there really a difference between a worker and a boss?

Everyone, from the janitor, to the CEO, works. They all work for someone. Two people sitting in adjacent cubicles make different salaries, when does one stop being a "worker" and become "management".

If I live in a four-bedroom ranch house, do I have fundamentally different values from someone who lives in a six-bedroom colonial? What about someone who lives in a studio apartment, do they have a fundamentally different belief system than me?

We find these labels convenient because it doesn't make us judge people based on their words or actions, we can judge them based on their job title, their choice of car, or their taste in clothing. It is so much easier to hate (or love) a group than it is an entire class of people. It removes the effort of having to actually learn anything about them.

They exist in our heads because we've been taught they exist ... but is there really a difference between a worker and a boss?

Everyone, from the janitor, to the CEO, works. They all work for someone. Two people sitting in adjacent cubicles make different salaries, when does one stop being a "worker" and become "management".

If I live in a four-bedroom ranch house, do I have fundamentally different values from someone who lives in a six-bedroom colonial? What about someone who lives in a studio apartment, do they have a fundamentally different belief system than me?

We find these labels convenient because it doesn't make us judge people based on their words or actions, we can judge them based on their job title, their choice of car, or their taste in clothing. It is so much easier to hate (or love) a group than it is an entire class of people. It removes the effort of having to actually learn anything about them.
I see your point and agree. But the fact is the divisions will al ays exist. It's normal and part of being a nation.

They are both Union strikes…I thought that was obvious

When are you going to tell us why you lied about what he said and why you edited what he said?
One was illegal and involved FEDERAL EMPLOYEES and happened 40 years ago -- so is irrelevant to the question he was asked...which is the UAW strike...

This is why it is so easy to campaign as a Republican, no matter how stupid you are, no matter how stupid your arguments -- there will always be someone like you to twist yourself into pretzels to defend it....

Class division is part of capitalism.Doesnt mean it's bad it's just necessary. The super wealthy and other classes don't share the same ideals.
Class warfare and class division are two different things. Democrats and Leftists on this thread need to ask themselves if it came down to appeasing a radical environmental policy vs saving manufacturing jobs, which side would they go with? The Democrats gave up on workers unions in the ‘16 Elections or at a minimum, took them for granted. Here, they only want to stoke class warfare because they hate capitalism more than they love the American worker.

Class warfare and class division are two different things. Democrats and Leftists on this thread need to ask themselves if it came down to appeasing a radical environmental policy vs saving manufacturing jobs, which side would they go with? The Democrats gave up on workers unions in the ‘16 Elections or at a minimum, took them for granted. Here, they only want to stoke class warfare because they hate capitalism more than they love the American worker.
We have too large a labor force. We need more people retiring at earlier ages.

One was illegal and involved FEDERAL EMPLOYEES and happened 40 years ago -- so is irrelevant to the question he was asked...which is the UAW strike...

This is why it is so easy to campaign as a Republican, no matter how stupid you are, no matter how stupid your arguments -- there will always be someone like you to twist yourself into pretzels to defend it....
What was illegal?

Who’s defending what he said? I am not. If it was so stupid why did you have to lie about what he said?

In 2009 when the auto companies were on the verge of collapse and needed a government bailout, workers agreed to cuts in wages and benefits to save the auto companies.

Since then, they have seen auto companies recover, record profits, increased productivity and escalating salaries and benefits for top executives.

Workers are asking…..if not now, WHEN?

Time to start sharing those profits with the workers who create them.
Bailing out the automakers or the banks didn’t help American workers, but government is there to help out the rich, not American workers.

Forum List

Back