Due To Poor Performance; Abrahms Tanks Are Being Pulled Out Of Ukraine.

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014

After repeated losses, and an inability to make a difference in the war effort; moves are being made to withdraw, America's vaunted main battle tank from theater. It seems with the introduction of kamikaze drones into modern warfare; the days of tanks may be coming to an end...

Five?

It seems they are doing better than the Leopard IIs then.
Apparently it's not just about the losses. But additionally, the tanks inability to provide any meaningful gains in the war effort.

It must be the tank driver not the tank.....
How many Ukrainians does it take to screw in a lightbulb....
I'm sure that's part of it. But everyone's tanks are floundering in this new era of drone warfare. The Europeans, Russians, and Americans...

After repeated losses, and an inability to make a difference in the war effort; moves are being made to withdraw, America's vaunted main battle tank from theater. It seems with the introduction of kamikaze drones into modern warfare; the days of tanks may be coming to an end...
The tanks that we sent to them don't have our cutting edge, active armor.

Last edited:
Five?

It seems they are doing better than the Leopard IIs then.
No
The remainder were re-deployed as an adjunct to long range artillery because they were useless in attack .
As I reported several times in my consistently correct updates.
The Leopards were all old warehoused pieces of junk .

Isn't that the argument for spending more money on Ukraine? (We send them our old shit while we manufacture new stuff.)
Welcome to the MIC Money Machine. We don't fight wars to win. We fight wars, to fight. May victory never come!!!

Isn't that the argument for spending more money on Ukraine? (We send them our old stuff while we manufacture new stuff.)
No idea. I thought the argument was to oppose the imperial Russian maniac and make his offensive war of vanity as tough as possible.

The Ukraine war is teaching Russia how to wage war effectively in this new environment. Seems like our legislators think paying another country to wage war against Russia is a way to weaken them without direct involvement. I think it is having the opposite effect. Second-order thinking is non-existent in our current foreign policy.

Why can't tanks be drone platforms. Kind of like an aircraft carrier but on land.

War will be primarily drones and robots pretty soon. Everyone will have to rethink what an army should look like.
Call this the legacy of Billy Mitchell.
Mitchell pushed the use of air power in the 1920's
Changing history forever, and bringing the end to the battleship era.
With the advent of drones, tanks, like battleships, are no longer at the top of the food chain.

Call this the legacy of Billy Mitchell.
Mitchell pushed the use of air power in the 1920's
Changing history forever, and bringing the end to the battleship era.
With the advent of drones, tanks, like battleships, are no longer at the top of the food chain.
The Japanese tried that with their Kamikases. They eventually lost the war. There are ways of tracking and shooting down drones and there is on-going research into laser weapons.

Why can't tanks be drone platforms. Kind of like an aircraft carrier but on land.
A tank crew has enough to do. So it wouldn't be practical to have them control their own drones. But you idea is brilliant from the standpoint of tanks transporting the drones to the battlefield. They could be controlled from half a world away in a massive battlefield video game.

Forum List

Back