Massive railroad strike is a go this Friday.

t6H9712.jpg

why are these greedy CEOs allowed to create these problems?

Brandon should be on the worker's side, right?
You would think.

But, no. He's moving to bust the Railroad Workers' Unions.

I wonder if the student loan deadbeats that are the Democrats' base now understand how that goes against everything the Party always claimed to stand for?

I can hear them in their dorm room saying "Dude. Why do trains need a driver? They run on tracks. Do they even have a steering wheel? Dude."

You would think.

But, no. He's moving to bust the Railroad Workers' Unions.

I wonder if the student loan deadbeats that are the Democrats' base now understand how that goes against everything the Party always claimed to stand for?

I can hear them in their dorm room saying "Dude. Why do trains need a driver? They run on tracks. Do they even have a steering wheel? Dude."
In what way is he moving to "bust" the union?
You`re probably right about the student loans and Democrats. One needs to have a high school diploma to be admitted to a college.

In what way is he moving to "bust" the union?
If they are not allowed to strike, they have no influence on worker pay or anything else. They are useless now to the workers. If I were a Railroad union member, I would stop paying my dues immediately.

Even if the railway workers keep paying the union bosses for nothing, and so the union would not actually be "busted," it would be neutered as far as having any effect on the workers other than making their wallets lighter with union dues.

You`re probably right about the student loans and Democrats. One needs to have a high school diploma to be admitted to a college.
Yes, but one need not be able to read it.

If they are not allowed to strike, they have no influence on worker pay or anything else. They are useless now to the workers. If I were a Railroad union member, I would stop paying my dues immediately.

Even if the railway workers keep paying the union bosses for nothing, and so the union would not actually be "busted," it would be neutered as far as having any effect on the workers other than making their wallets lighter with union dues.

If you stop paying those union dues, expect a pay cut and be prepared to buy your own medical insurance. I was union for 35 years and things didn`t always go the way the union wanted but I liked retiring at 53 years old with pension and medical coverage. I`ve been doing fun jobs for the last 16 years.

You are completely clueless about how unions work.

You do realize most teachers cannot strike, right?

If you stop paying those union dues, expect a pay cut and be prepared to buy your own medical insurance. I was union for 35 years and things didn`t always go the way the union wanted but I liked retiring at 53 years old with pension and medical coverage. I`ve been doing fun jobs for the last 16 years.

I'm glad that your union was able to deliver for you.

But I didn't find that to be the case when I was forced to join the union during my 2 month career working in a grocery store. There were no benefits at all, and my wage was $3.50 an hour- 15 cents more than the legal minimum at that time.

The dues paid were more than the 15 cent difference, so needless to say , I quit as soon as I found something better in a Scab workplace.

The real story is that this was in Ohio- a Compulsory Union State- so the goomba business agents and stewards knew they had the employees over a barrel and didn't have to deliver.

Your union was able to get those things for you by using the threat of a strike. Creepy Joe has taken that option away from Railway workers unions. Now all they have is the kindness of government, God help them.

Your union was able to get those things for you by using the threat of a strike. Creepy Joe has taken that option away from Railway workers unions. Now all they have is the kindness of government, God help them.
Obviously, you haven`t heard about the pandemic and supply chain issues or Harry Truman`s intervention in the 1952 steelworker`s strike. 8 of the 12 railroad unions have signed the contract. Biden is acting in the best interests of the country because that`s his job. They like their good wages and healthcare. No union contract that I`ve ever been involved with in 35 years of being a steelworker satisfied 100% of the workforce. So what? They`re free to work elsewhere. Creepy Joe? That`s clever...for an 8 year old or Mr. "find me 11,780 votes".

You are completely clueless about what being clueless means.

So? Why would I want to strike? I have a profession, not just a job. The children I serve mean more to me than the latest rantings from Randi weingarten.
For an alleged teacher, you do not read well. You were talking about the ability to strike, and I was not referring to you.

Forum List

Back