These Union Workers Need To Be Fired - All Of Them

Republicans are once again showing they are anti-worker

Time and again they advocate policies that limit the rights of workers while providing corporations with a low wage workforce.

Scott advocating “fire them all” is an attack on collective bargaining
This coming from the side that will eliminate jobs outright in favor of a green extremist policy any day of the week. Don’t even pretend today’s Democrats are for the American worker.

"Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) praised then-President Reagan's firing of thousands of striking federal workers when asked Monday about the ongoing United Auto Workers strike. "I think Ronald Reagan gave us a great example when federal employees decided they were going to strike," Scott said Monday in Iowa during a campaign event. "He said, you strike, you're fired. Simple concept to me to the extent that we can use that once again."

Federal law, according to the National Labor Relations Board, prohibits workers from being fired for "participating in a protected strike or picketing against" one's employer, though not all strikes are protected. Scott's campaign said his comments dealt entirely with federal workers rather than the UAW strike. The UAW comprises non-federal workers. Biden last Friday urged U.S. automakers to share more of their "record profits" with striking union workers - Scott criticized President Biden, who has dubbed himself as the "most pro-union president ever." The percentage of American workers who are members of a union fell to a new low in 2022 despite the total number of unionized workers increasing. 71% of Americans approved of labor unions in 2022, the highest mark recorded by Gallup since 1965."

It was smart for Scott to bring up the firing of federal workers when asked about striking union workers, because it is always fun to fire federal employees because they aren't real people anyway with real jobs - and if you get any blowback for implying we should fire non-federal union workers; just run the "Oh, we were just talking about federal workers" defense -- even tho the question asked was about non-federal employees.

I think it is a winning policy to be anti-union, because for the most part, unions are bad news; they have far too much power - just look at what they have done in the last few decades; forced corporations to pay them overtime; forced them to give them vacation and sick leave, subsidize their medical insurance, it's just insane....

Over the years, conditions have been very unfair to the corporate/wealth class ; so this recent power grab by the unions will backfire as most people will view the unions as being pro-Democrat, pro woke (especially since the largest portion of union membership are black workers) - all of these things make unions even less popular and the corporate elite more popular. So Tim Scott and the GOP really needs to do whatever they can to make it easier to fire these strikers both in Detroit and Hollywood.

Record profits? That is bullshit from Biden and Democrats. They are calling profits “record” because of the profit totals occurring in a hyper inflationary economy and they make no mention of adjusting for inflation generally speaking.

Further, what is the profit margin those auto companies achieved in comparison to other years? For example, the profit margin may have been greatest in the late 1950s compared to the 2020s.

Are you ever going to explain to us why you felt the need to edit his quote to make try and spread you false narrative?
He doesn't need to. You're just a fool that can't seem to comprehend that Scott, when asked about the UAW strike, countered with Reagan's decision to fire striking air traffic controllers, which were federal employees, 40 years ago. It is a completely stupid answer, and not relevant to the current UAW situation. Pay attention.

Record profits? That is bullshit from Biden and Democrats. They are calling profits “record” because of the profit totals occurring in a hyper inflationary economy and they make no mention of adjusting for inflation generally speaking.

Further, what is the profit margin those auto companies achieved in comparison to other years? For example, the profit margin may have been greatest in the late 1950s compared to the 2020s.
So if labor only accounts for 5% of the cost of a vehicle, and let's say that 60% of that goes to material costs, etc - just how much profit margin would you think is needed in order for you to believe workers deserve a little bit of an increase?

Maybe you love crumbs off the plate of those globalist elites you love to rail against -- but it seems when rubber meets the road, you gladly keep their dick planted firmly down your throat

So if labor only accounts for 5% of the cost of a vehicle, and let's say that 60% of that goes to material costs, etc - just how much profit margin would you think is needed in order for you to believe workers deserve a little bit of an increase?

Maybe you love crumbs off the plate of those globalist elites you love to rail against -- but it seems when rubber meets the road, you gladly keep their dick planted firmly down your throat
Why don’t you put up some actual costs or margins from anytime of the Big 3? Then, compare those margins to an inflation-adjusted era?

Your graphic fantasies aside, you people love to appease the environmental elites who will cut jobs and livelihoods in a heartbeat for a spotted owl so stop pretending you are for the working class when you are really about class warfare.

He doesn't need to. You're just a fool that can't seem to comprehend that Scott, when asked about the UAW strike, countered with Reagan's decision to fire striking air traffic controllers, which were federal employees, 40 years ago. It is a completely stupid answer, and not relevant to the current UAW situation. Pay attention.
True he doesn’t need to answer why he decided to lie and edit someone’s quote to fit his false narrative…we know why…it’s what dembots do

Maybe it wasn’t a relevant answer, and the poster could of said that instead of lying about what he said.

But you dembot brownshirts didn’t

True he doesn’t need to answer why he decided to lie and edit someone’s quote to fit his false narrative…we know why…it’s what dembots do

Maybe it wasn’t a relevant answer, and the poster could of said that instead of lying about what he said.

But you dembot brownshirts didn’t
Weird. I understood it just fine. I don't know what the fuck you're on.

Why don’t you put up some actual costs or margins from anytime of the Big 3? Then, compare those margins to an inflation-adjusted era?

Your graphic fantasies aside, you people love to appease the environmental elites who will cut jobs and livelihoods in a heartbeat for a spotted owl so stop pretending you are for the working class when you are really about class warfare.
None of what you said addresses a single thing I said

It's weird to me how you folks hate everything electric while also sucking Elon's dick

If collectively, the industry decides electric is going to make them money, they will start making more of electric cars, but don't worry, there will still be ICE cars for many more decades to come

However, if this was the early 1900's -- your goofy ass would have been whining about not being able to drive your horse and buggy around anymore

Um, did you read the OP? Did you read any of my post back and forth with him, or with the other dembot "rightwinger"?

Geez man...
Still waiting for you to tell me what the UAW strike has to do with an air traffic controller strike from 40 years ago...

Why do you keep dodging simple questions?

None of what you said addresses a single thing I said

It's weird to me how you folks hate everything electric while also sucking Elon's dick

If collectively, the industry decides electric is going to make them money, they will start making more of electric cars, but don't worry, there will still be ICE cars for many more decades to come

However, if this was the early 1900's -- your goofy ass would have been whining about not being able to drive your horse and buggy around anymore
The only thing I’m concerned with are the class warfare tactics from the Left. This isn’t 1940-1980 with Democrats fighting for the American worker. You people got exposed when you choose green over no jobs.

What you're forgetting is that when Reagan fired those Air Traffic Controllers, it was a disaster for the airline industry and for travelers. They tried replacing them with military Air Traffic Controllers who weren't close to being able to keep up with the amount of traffic at the major airports.

Then they tried training new controllers, which took months, and were still unable to keep up with the traffic.

In the end they quietly rehired the original Air Traffic Controller - and met all their demands.

Firing UAW workers from GM means ending GM. Only an idiot would suggest it - and apparently one has!

In the end they quietly rehired the original Air Traffic Controller - and met all their demands.

How many? Link?

"Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) praised then-President Reagan's firing of thousands of striking federal workers when asked Monday about the ongoing United Auto Workers strike. "I think Ronald Reagan gave us a great example when federal employees decided they were going to strike," Scott said Monday in Iowa during a campaign event. "He said, you strike, you're fired. Simple concept to me to the extent that we can use that once again."

Federal law, according to the National Labor Relations Board, prohibits workers from being fired for "participating in a protected strike or picketing against" one's employer, though not all strikes are protected. Scott's campaign said his comments dealt entirely with federal workers rather than the UAW strike. The UAW comprises non-federal workers. Biden last Friday urged U.S. automakers to share more of their "record profits" with striking union workers - Scott criticized President Biden, who has dubbed himself as the "most pro-union president ever." The percentage of American workers who are members of a union fell to a new low in 2022 despite the total number of unionized workers increasing. 71% of Americans approved of labor unions in 2022, the highest mark recorded by Gallup since 1965."

It was smart for Scott to bring up the firing of federal workers when asked about striking union workers, because it is always fun to fire federal employees because they aren't real people anyway with real jobs - and if you get any blowback for implying we should fire non-federal union workers; just run the "Oh, we were just talking about federal workers" defense -- even tho the question asked was about non-federal employees.

I think it is a winning policy to be anti-union, because for the most part, unions are bad news; they have far too much power - just look at what they have done in the last few decades; forced corporations to pay them overtime; forced them to give them vacation and sick leave, subsidize their medical insurance, it's just insane....

Over the years, conditions have been very unfair to the corporate/wealth class ; so this recent power grab by the unions will backfire as most people will view the unions as being pro-Democrat, pro woke (especially since the largest portion of union membership are black workers) - all of these things make unions even less popular and the corporate elite more popular. So Tim Scott and the GOP really needs to do whatever they can to make it easier to fire these strikers both in Detroit and Hollywood.

The right’s war on working Americans continues.

The only thing I’m concerned with are the class warfare tactics from the Left. This isn’t 1940-1980 with Democrats fighting for the American worker. You people got exposed when you choose green over no jobs.
Class division is part of capitalism.Doesnt mean it's bad it's just necessary. The super wealthy and other classes don't share the same ideals.

Forum List

Back