Law enforcement scenario Training 101

If I tell him to keep his hands where I can see them and he decides to do the opposite, I don't care if his hands are cold. Bad move on his part.

I'm not a cowboy wannabe. I am though, very confident that I can hit exactly what I aim at. I don't have to kill him to stop him. When a burglar was about to come through my window, I could have blown his head off, but I chose to hit him in the shoulder. Confident, not cowboy.

Last edited:
Why would I grab him? Why would I get close enough to grab him? I just need to be within shooting distance. With my gun already drawn, if he sticks his hand in his pocket to grab his own gun, I shoot.

...and if he was reaching for his cell phone, you’ve now committed murder.

Why would I grab him? Why would I get close enough to grab him? I just need to be within shooting distance. With my gun already drawn, if he sticks his hand in his pocket to grab his own gun, I shoot.

And if he just has cold hands you get charged with murder.

Bunch of internet cowboys.

Doing a few years in prison beats the hell out of being dead, doesn't it? or are you so afraid of taking a little personal responsibility, that you'd rather be dead?

The justice system commutatates and shortens homicide perp's sentences all the time. Just don't kill anyone while you're in the lockup.

Was the man assaulting the screaming woman? Unless he was, do nothing.
If he was attacking the woman consider this:
When the defund group defunds the police and there is no one there to take your call, shoot him in the foot, cause who is he going to call to have you arrested? His social worker?
Now that he can't follow you, go get the victim, provided she was being victimized, and leave the premises.
You don't speak her language and you can't determine whether or not he was actually assaulting her but his behavior when he saw you was highly indicative that he was up to no good

would you let him run away or grab him by the collar and hold him for law enforcement?

Depends on what he was doing when I arrived on the scene. If he was not assaulting her, and he fled, then the danger fled with him. I don't have to understand what she said. With the threat gone, see if she needs assistance. If there are still police to call and he was physically hurting the woman, un-conceal your weapon and hold him at bay until the police arrive.

And once you grab him, if he has a gun he has the right to shoot you between the eyes.
I couldn't agree more on all accounts

what if you had the opportunity to shoot him before he killed you?

Or do you want to live in a world where a Good Samaritan acting as a heroic person must submit to the assault of a suspected criminal and is not allowed to defend themselves from his attack?

Exactly correct

that's why the heroes That Walk Among Us have the guts to protect our society by risking their lives and the least we can do is give them the benefit of the doubt

Doing a few years in prison beats the hell out of being dead, doesn't it? or are you so afraid of taking a little personal responsibility, that you'd rather be dead?

The justice system commutatates and shortens homicide perp's sentences all the time. Just don't kill anyone while you're in the lockup.

You're proud and bragging over shooting an innocent man? Like I said, Internet cowboys.

Let's say a 350 lb Russian Judo Champion is walking down a New York City street any here's a young Asian girl screaming in a language he does not understand...

When he investigates he sees a man he could easily overpower lock eyes with him and then flee in a panic

Is he allowed to grab that individual and call the police while detaining him or does he have to let that man run away and try to figure out whether or not he was committing a crime before he detained him?

How about if our hero wasn't a big powerful man...
Let's say he was a feeble 100lb old man and he had a 9 mm pistol

Would it be legal for him to aim that weapon at the fleeing suspect and Order him to stand tall because the police were on their way?

What if the criminal ran toward him grabbed his gun and started punching him in the face?

Would he be allowed to shoot or would he have to give up his gun and take a knee?

Imagine both these scenarios presented to a court of rational American citizens and tell me what you think they would say
I would say, "Operator, 911"

I noticed you've recently joined USMB. Welcome, and hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Last edited:
If I tell him to keep his hands where I can see them and he decides to do the opposite, I don't care if his hands are cold. Bad move on his part.

You have no authority to demand he do anything, since you don’t have a badge. My exact reaction to someone who hasn’t identified themselves as law enforcement demanding I raise my hands WILL ALWAYS BE to reach for my gun.

Then these social justice waste of space pieces of garbage would try to send you to prison even though you had every right to assume he was going to resort to deadly force in an attempt to escape

No weapon-carrier I know of would shoot someone just because he's pulling something out of his or her pocket. When it comes to the point where that subject is advancing on you or makes a pointing motion at you with an object, then all bets are off, and that person becomes a legitimate threat, at which time deadly force is justifiable.

Let's say a 350 lb Russian Judo Champion is walking down a New York City street any here's a young Asian girl screaming in a language he does not understand...

When he investigates he sees a man he could easily overpower lock eyes with him and then flee in a panic

Is he allowed to grab that individual and call the police while detaining him or does he have to let that man run away and try to figure out whether or not he was committing a crime before he detained him?

Would it be legal for him to aim that weapon at the fleeing suspect and Order him to stand tall because the police were on their way?

What if the criminal ran toward him grabbed his gun and started punching him in the face?

Would he be allowed to shoot or would he have to give up his gun and take a knee?

Imagine both these scenarios presented to a court of rational American citizens and tell me what you think they would say
And the rapist of a young Asian girl would Snicker as he disappeared into the night and you would spend the rest of your life knowing you could have stopped the man who assaulted this child but were too much of a spineless coward to take the risk

I would grab him by the skull and body slam his ass then place my knee right on his neck until the cops arrived

you do you bro

No weapon-carrier I know of would shoot someone just because he's pulling something out of his or her pocket. When it comes to the point where that subject is advancing on you or makes a pointing motion at you with an object, then all bets are off, and that person becomes a legitimate threat, at which time deadly force is justifiable.
If an individual who was clearly trying to flee decided to attack you you would defend yourself from the individual with equal force to what you reasonably believed was arrayed against you

good post bro

...Or do you want to live in a world where a Good Samaritan acting as a heroic person must submit to the assault of a suspected criminal and is not allowed to defend themselves from his attack?

I want to live in a world where citizens mind their own business unless it’s absolutely necessary. A world where individuals who don’t know all the details of what is going on don’t insert themselves into volatile situations; especially by using force and violence.

When the defund group defunds the police and there is no one there to take your call, shoot him in the foot, cause who is he going to call to have you arrested? His social worker?
Now that he can't follow you, go get the victim, provided she was being victimized, and leave the premises.
You don't speak her language and you can't determine whether or not he was actually assaulting her but his behavior when he saw you was highly indicative that he was up to no good

would you let him run away or grab him by the collar and hold him for law enforcement?

Depends on what he was doing when I arrived on the scene. If he was not assaulting her, and he fled, then the danger fled with him. I don't have to understand what she said. With the threat gone, see if she needs assistance. If there are still police to call and he was physically hurting the woman, un-conceal your weapon and hold him at bay until the police arrive.
what if he grabbed your weapon and started punching you in the face in an attempt to gain control over it?

Most people consider someone trying to take a gun with violence A Deadly threat

You're proud and bragging over shooting an innocent man? Like I said, Internet cowboys.

It hasn't been determined that the subject was "innocent." If I perceive that person is a threat to myself, one of my family members, or even another person, Mr. Glock is coming out of his holster.

what if he grabbed your weapon and started punching you in the face in an attempt to gain control over it?

You would be getting what you deserved and likely what would happen to you.

I’m 100% in agreement with you. Nobody I know personally would do anything like that. Unfortunately I’ve run into more than a few morons online who I truly believe might do just that.

And the rapist of a young Asian girl would Snicker as he disappeared into the night and you would spend the rest of your life knowing you could have stopped the man who assaulted this child but were too much of a spineless coward to take the risk

I would grab him by the skull and body slam his ass then place my knee right on his neck until the cops arrived

you do you bro

You would do nothing of the sort. One shot from an armed criminal thug would sever your spinal cord and you'd end up on the ground, paralyzed and dying.

Obviously someone has watched too many cartoons. Go outside and find out what real life means.

I want to live in a world where citizens mind their own business unless it’s absolutely necessary. A world where individuals who don’t know all the details of what is going on don’t insert themselves into volatile situations; especially by using force and violence.
And a world where each and every one of us is afforded the right to possess and carry firearms in pursuance of the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

It hasn't been determined that the subject was "innocent." If I perceive that person is a threat to myself, one of my family members, or even another person, Mr. Glock is coming out of his holster.

The section of your response that I highlighted is where your reasoning fails. You have no legal right to use force to defend someone who is not a family member or friend short of obvious evidence that a murder is about to be committed; and even thst varies by state.

If you shoot someone who is (or has) attacking me, I’m liable to shoot you in response.

Forum List

Back