John S. McCain, Will You Please Go Now?

If it's a choice between those two, I want McCain to retain his seat. JDH is a for sure nutcase...

Too bad McCain beat up JD Hayworth. Poor little nutcase JD lost big to a loser like McCain.

Was he a teapartier, btw?

As a senator, what makes John McCain a loser in your eyes?

I agree he was not appropriate for President for a variety of reasons...Hillary would have had my vote before him....but he got my vote before the inexperienced Obama.

but as a senator? What characteristic(s) of his do you feel makes him a "loser"?

What does, say Reid offer that McCain does not as a senator?

And I am not asking for you to discuss iodeology. I do not agree with the ideology of many senators...but I do not see them as losers.

So please....tell me...why do you call him a loser?

I thought Mcain was a fossil when he got crushed by Obama. How old is that fucker now 97?

Yeah...the media went to town on that one. Made sure no one knew how old he was and let the bloggers make him out to be some dying old man.

Interestingly, 72 was way too old to be President, but now they are saying that increasing the retirment age of a lumberjack to 70 is no big deal.

If it's a choice between those two, I want McCain to retain his seat. JDH is a for sure nutcase...

Too bad McCain beat up JD Hayworth. Poor little nutcase JD lost big to a loser like McCain.

I agree he was not appropriate for President for a variety of reasons...Hillary would have had my vote before him....but he got my vote before the inexperienced Obama.

but as a senator? What characteristic(s) of his do you feel makes him a "loser"?

And I am not asking for you to discuss iodeology. I do not agree with the ideology of many senators...but I do not see them as losers.

I may be wrong, but I doubt you get any meaningful dialogue from Sarah.

JD had support from T partiers and Palin.
Like Palin, Tea Partiers are just a passing fad.
No one should take them serious.

Palin is not a fad. She is a celebrity just like other celebrities. She will fade out when another politician with a prettier smile and larger tits comes into the picture.....just like any clebrity is God until another better loooking one comes into play.

But please explain to me why you say that no one should take the tea partyers seriously?

IS that what we have become? If you speak out, you will be labelled a fool?

Did you see Sheehan as a fool or a woman with a conviction? I saw her as the latter, although I did not agree with her.

Where would we be if people did not speak out against the Viet Nam war?

I am starting to notice that many on here...on both sides...make judgement calls on the intellect and integrity of people based strictly on how they match up to their own ideology.

Makes it quite difficult to learn and acheive success in life when you think that way.

Palin is not a fad. She is a celebrity just like other celebrities. She will fade out when another politician with a prettier smile and larger tits comes into the picture.....just like any clebrity is God until another better loooking one comes into play.

But please explain to me why you say that no one should take the tea partyers seriously?

Did you see Sheehan as a fool or a woman with a conviction? I saw her as the latter, although I did not agree with her.

They backed JD Hayworth. Their views are not mainstream America, Arizona was supposedly a large support area for them and their own goes down in flames, almost half of their content focuses on some whacked out government conspiracy claim and no more than months on the scene their power has already diminished.
Ralph Nader and Ross Perot are the perfect fad example short term political "power" base and now Tea Partiers.
The generation of the Tea Partiers, mostly older white upper income folks that do not have to work, and I am not knocking them in any way because of that, is aging rapidly.
The Tea Party will slowly fade away, lose it's purpose, life and energy very fast. They were an interesting, but a short lived as the Hayworth slaughter illustrated, footnote in American political history.

I M all for folks speaking out. Where did I claim otherwise?

They backed JD Hayworth. Their views are not mainstream America, Arizona was supposedly a large support area for them and their own goes down in flames, almost half of their content focuses on some whacked out government conspiracy claim and no more than months on the scene their power has already diminished.
Ralph Nader and Ross Perot are the perfect fad example short term political "power" base and now Tea Partiers.
The generation of the Tea Partiers, mostly older white upper income folks that do not have to work, and I am not knocking them in any way because of that, is aging rapidly.
The Tea Party will slowly fade away, lose it's purpose, life and energy very fast. They were an interesting, but a short lived as the Hayworth slaughter illustrated, footnote in American political history.

he tea party was a movement. It had legs. It had one major premise. It wanted less government intervention in their lives.

The media and many politicians ruined it for them. They lied about them and made it seem like they were not worthy of consideration. They picked on the few "bad apples" and gve the people reason to doubnt them.

The anti war protesters of the 60's suffered the same fate. They were against the vietnam war...and for good reason...but they were painted by politicans and the media as long haired hippie freaks strung out on drugs...sure...some were freaks...some were druggies...but the masses? Simply against the war.

And sadly? Many of those protesters are our politicians of today and well aware of how frustrating it is to have politicians make you into something yopu are not.

I am a tea partyer in heart..I believe in the main premise...less government intervention...I am not a whacko...I do not give out mixed messages...I am not a tool of the GOP.....I am not a Palin fanatic...I am not a racist.....I am exactly how I percieve the tea partyers based on the only ralley I attended...the one in NYC last summer....

Part of the Tea Party problem is that its origin as a decentralized grass roots organization holds the seeds for the end. Its hard for a movement that is leaderless to keep momentum and a clear message. You've seen that recently as people are rejected/accepted in the Tea Party groups.

Worse, when someone claiming to represent you goes way over the line, who gets to call that person out? Who has the ability and authority to say someone else in the movement is full of it?

Grassroots efforts that stay grassroots wither and die like grass.

There is no good outcome for the future of the Tea party in 2010. If they lose, they look like a joke with no influence outside the fringe. If their candidates win, chances are good it will still be politics as usual in Washington which will quench the fire even faster than losing.

I'm sympathetic with some of the goals of the Tea Party, and with their passion. I just think that they stopped being a serious force when they moved away from third party and into backing GOP candidates. That was the end. Now they're just another GOP element, much like MoveOn is just another Democrat fringe group.

I am starting to notice that many on here...on both sides...make judgement calls on the intellect and integrity of people based strictly on how they match up to their own ideology.

Makes it quite difficult to learn and acheive success in life when you think that way.

I agree.

he tea party was a movement. It had legs. It had one major premise. It wanted less government intervention in their lives.

The media and many politicians ruined it for them. They lied about them and made it seem like they were not worthy of consideration. They picked on the few "bad apples" and gve the people reason to doubnt them.

The anti war protesters of the 60's suffered the same fate. They were against the vietnam war...and for good reason...but they were painted by politicans and the media as long haired hippie freaks strung out on drugs...sure...some were freaks...some were druggies...but the masses? Simply against the war.

And sadly? Many of those protesters are our politicians of today and well aware of how frustrating it is to have politicians make you into something yopu are not.

I am a tea partyer in heart..I believe in the main premise...less government intervention...I am not a whacko...I do not give out mixed messages...I am not a tool of the GOP.....I am not a Palin fanatic...I am not a racist.....I am exactly how I percieve the tea partyers based on the only ralley I attended...the one in NYC last summer....

I must interject here, there is no way you can compare the anti-war protesters of the 60's to the Tea Partiers. Their dissent escalated into violence, show me one instance of violence that comparable to that of the anti-war crowd. Compare any Tea Party faction to that of the Underground Weathermen for example and you may have a point.

I must interject here, there is no way you can compare the anti-war protesters of the 60's to the Tea Partiers. Their dissent escalated into violence, show me one instance of violence that comparable to that of the anti-war crowd. Compare any Tea Party faction to that of the Underground Weathermen for example and you may have a point.

No. That was not my intent. I am comparing how the media and politicians painted them into something beyond thebasic premise of the movement.

Most anti wart protesters were not violent....some were....but even you perceiove that moivement in the light of the few and not the masses.

Similar to what is happening to the tea partyers. Millions of people and one uses the N word and thats it...they are racists.

There is no way you can compare my buddies that served numerous tours in Nam that carried the flag protesting the war after they came home with The Weatherman.
That is an insult to them.
99% of those that protested the Viet Nam war were not into violence.
You have them mixed up with THE POLICE that started the violence.

The media did that? No shit.
LOL:eusa_angel:
I agree with most of your post. Sounds like we grew up at the same time. 60s.

After decades of embracing the liberal media moniker “maverick” for his frequent derision of the conservative wing of the Republican Party, McCain has now abandoned the label. He told Newsweek magazine earlier this month: “I never considered myself a maverick.” But countless YouTube videos show McCain and vice-presidential running mate Sarah Palin invoking the “m” word. Here’s a typical bit of self-puffery from a McCain stump speech on Oct.14, 2008:

“It’s well known that I have not been elected Miss Congeniality in the United States Senate, nor with the administration. I have opposed the president on spending, on climate change, on torture of prisoner, on … on Guantanamo Bay. On a … on the way that the Iraq War was conducted. I have a long record, and the American people know me very well, and that is independent and a maverick of the Senate, and I’m happy to say that I’ve got a partner that’s a good maverick along with me now.”

With veteran tough-on-illegal-immigration GOP challenger J.D. Hayworth (whom I support) just five points behind McCain in the latest Rasmussen poll, Not-Maverick has now abandoned (or rather re-abandoned) his notoriously long-held open borders stance. Just a few short years ago, Not-Maverick was attacking Rush Limbaugh as a “nativist” for opposing the Bush-Kennedy-McCain amnesty plan. When GOP Sen. Jeff Sessions introduced an amendment to bar illegal aliens from receiving the earned income tax credit, McCain likened it to Jim Crow laws.

Michelle Malkin John S. McCain, Will You Please Go Now?

Malkin is so right. How McCain who had "Maverick" waving all over convention hall of his acceptance speech (to become the republicans candidat for prez in 2008) can now (with a straight face, I might add) now claim he doesn't consider himself a maverick????

It's a lie that would make Barack Obama blush for being so bold faced! :eek:

How stupid are Arizonians, though, I have to ask.

Why do they buy McCain's BS election after election, after election???

PLEASE ARIZONA! It's time for this pompous bag of wind to GO! Enough already!

We finally got rid of Kennedy, can we please get rid of McCain WITHOUT it taking prying the seat out of his cold dead fingers?????

:doubt:

Do you know the alternative to McCain...?

Oh dear god.

Who the hell is Michelle Malkin to question John McCains standing in the Republican Party??

McCain is an American hero who has served his state admirably for over 20 years. McCain has shown an ability to reach across the aisle to get things done and also has shown a willingness to put aside party pettyness to do the right thing. McCain is one of the standard bearers of the GOP while Malkin is a Rush Limbaugh wannabe with her own personal agenda.

You really are John McCain right?

Yeah we can't question McCain can we?

It isn't a free country where we can do things like that.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with you. I think McCain should retire. But he won the primary. My beef with McCain--has been--his "drill here--drill now campaign" but oh by the way don't drill in Anwar. He continually crosses lines that do not really represent what he is saying.

However--saying that--I also know him to be a hammer when it comes to unneccessary government spending. And maybe that is why he won the primary--and more than likely the tea party in your state was probably split right down the middle regarding these candidates. We have to presume that overall--they made the best choice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back