John S. McCain, Will You Please Go Now?

After decades of embracing the liberal media moniker “maverick” for his frequent derision of the conservative wing of the Republican Party, McCain has now abandoned the label. He told Newsweek magazine earlier this month: “I never considered myself a maverick.” But countless YouTube videos show McCain and vice-presidential running mate Sarah Palin invoking the “m” word. Here’s a typical bit of self-puffery from a McCain stump speech on Oct.14, 2008:

“It’s well known that I have not been elected Miss Congeniality in the United States Senate, nor with the administration. I have opposed the president on spending, on climate change, on torture of prisoner, on … on Guantanamo Bay. On a … on the way that the Iraq War was conducted. I have a long record, and the American people know me very well, and that is independent and a maverick of the Senate, and I’m happy to say that I’ve got a partner that’s a good maverick along with me now.”

With veteran tough-on-illegal-immigration GOP challenger J.D. Hayworth (whom I support) just five points behind McCain in the latest Rasmussen poll, Not-Maverick has now abandoned (or rather re-abandoned) his notoriously long-held open borders stance. Just a few short years ago, Not-Maverick was attacking Rush Limbaugh as a “nativist” for opposing the Bush-Kennedy-McCain amnesty plan. When GOP Sen. Jeff Sessions introduced an amendment to bar illegal aliens from receiving the earned income tax credit, McCain likened it to Jim Crow laws.

Michelle Malkin John S. McCain, Will You Please Go Now?

Malkin is so right. How McCain who had "Maverick" waving all over convention hall of his acceptance speech (to become the republicans candidat for prez in 2008) can now (with a straight face, I might add) now claim he doesn't consider himself a maverick????

It's a lie that would make Barack Obama blush for being so bold faced! :eek:

How stupid are Arizonians, though, I have to ask.

Why do they buy McCain's BS election after election, after election???

PLEASE ARIZONA! It's time for this pompous bag of wind to GO! Enough already!

We finally got rid of Kennedy, can we please get rid of McCain WITHOUT it taking prying the seat out of his cold dead fingers?????

:doubt:

And people wonder why we voted for Obama?

Watched McCain attempt to walk back his maverick past on Fox last Sunday and it was pathetic. I actually felt a little sorry for him in a strange sort of way because it's so obvious what he's trying to do given the heat J.D. is bringing to the campaign. Time to mothball him.

Who the hell is Michelle Malkin to question John McCains standing in the Republican Party??

McCain is an American hero who has served his state admirably for over 20 years. McCain has shown an ability to reach across the aisle to get things done and also has shown a willingness to put aside party pettyness to do the right thing. McCain is one of the standard bearers of the GOP while Malkin is a Rush Limbaugh wannabe with her own personal agenda.

I have never seen you post anything implying you are against freedom of speech.

"Who the hell is Michelle Malkin to question John McCains standing in the Republican Party??" was your question.

An American Citizen exercising her right to free speech is the answer.

Now, I can ask "who the hell was Harry Reid to say the iraq war was lost" and he, too had the right to free speech.

But he is a politician and one most assume has "inside information" so when he speaks out, he has the responsibility to say that it is his OPINION and not based on the facts he is exposed to. However, he didnt do that. He presented his opinion as fact. And he was dead wrong as well.

I am fully aware of the first amendment. There is nothing in the first amendment that says you can spout off any nonsense you want without being subject to criticism. Everything you say can have consequences. The first amendment says "Congress shall pass no laws..." it does not say you cannot be criticized for what you say

Malkin is a two bit FoxNews republican who has no business questioning John McCains legitimacy as a Republican. McCain has paid his dues.....Malkin is just a Fox attack dog

My favorite Malkin moment is when she accused Kerry of self-inflicting his Nam wounds on Hardball.

:lol::lol:
Yeah Yeah Yeah. McCain is an old Rockefeller Republican and a RINO
He also lost and kisses Democrat ass at the drop of a hate.

And sure he knows how to get things done in Washington. Can you say Keating Five???????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

McCain is an old Rockefeller Republican and a RINO

Yes he is....as opposed to the "FoxNews Republicans"

McCain harkens back to the days of real Republicans like Bob Dole, Gerald Ford, Nelson Rockefeller and Bush senior. Republicans of that era had an agenda but understood the value of compromise and integrity to reach long term objectives.

Today's Fox News Republicans are nothing more than attack dogs doing the networks bidding. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Mitch McConnell all know who they report to and will do as they are told.....not what is good for the country

Egad!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other words you want to return to the days when Republicans were in the minority and were happy to be in the minority.

Enough said!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, it sounds like that is what YOU want.

After decades of embracing the liberal media moniker “maverick” for his frequent derision of the conservative wing of the Republican Party, McCain has now abandoned the label. He told Newsweek magazine earlier this month: “I never considered myself a maverick.” But countless YouTube videos show McCain and vice-presidential running mate Sarah Palin invoking the “m” word. Here’s a typical bit of self-puffery from a McCain stump speech on Oct.14, 2008:

“It’s well known that I have not been elected Miss Congeniality in the United States Senate, nor with the administration. I have opposed the president on spending, on climate change, on torture of prisoner, on … on Guantanamo Bay. On a … on the way that the Iraq War was conducted. I have a long record, and the American people know me very well, and that is independent and a maverick of the Senate, and I’m happy to say that I’ve got a partner that’s a good maverick along with me now.”

With veteran tough-on-illegal-immigration GOP challenger J.D. Hayworth (whom I support) just five points behind McCain in the latest Rasmussen poll, Not-Maverick has now abandoned (or rather re-abandoned) his notoriously long-held open borders stance. Just a few short years ago, Not-Maverick was attacking Rush Limbaugh as a “nativist” for opposing the Bush-Kennedy-McCain amnesty plan. When GOP Sen. Jeff Sessions introduced an amendment to bar illegal aliens from receiving the earned income tax credit, McCain likened it to Jim Crow laws.

Malkin is so right. How McCain who had "Maverick" waving all over convention hall of his acceptance speech (to become the republicans candidat for prez in 2008) can now (with a straight face, I might add) now claim he doesn't consider himself a maverick????

We finally got rid of Kennedy, can we please get rid of McCain WITHOUT it taking prying the seat out of his cold dead fingers?????

Right wingers bus rides must be awfully bumpy.

Michelle Malkin is an abrasive ****. She wouldn't know a conservative if it crawl out her ass.

She is another political hack out there making all kinds of money on making mountains out of ant hills.

But she is not an elected official.

I am against elected officials knowingly making mountains out of ant hills. On both sides of the aisle. It is their way of saying that they are smarter than the American People.

The teabaggers and wingnuts hate John McCain, but they love Sarah Palin, who endorsed John McCain, and they love Scott Brown, who also endorsed John McCain and who is to the left of John McCain.

Tea-larious!!!

The teabaggers and wingnuts hate John McCain, but they love Sarah Palin, who endorsed John McCain, and they love Scott Brown, who also endorsed John McCain and who is to the left of John McCain.

Tea-larious!!!

Most conservatives do not get caught up in individual politicians. The tea partyers are finding their way slowly. It is a true grass roots movement so to criticize them for their lack of "real direction" is immature in my eyes.

And as an off note:

Anita Dunn said she admired Mao. Many voted for Obama. Obama appointed Dunn. Many who voted for Obama do not admire Mao.

So your "if a = b and b=c then a=c" theory does not reeally hold water.

Brown will soon be deemed not a real conservative.

And then the tea partiers will pretend they were never that into him in the first place?

Historical evidence does suggest this to the the outcome.

Booosh who?
Newt
Arnold
McCain....

If they ever actually realize that Reagan actually raised taxes and what he did with immigration....
Casket under the bus time.

Last edited:

And then the tea partiers will pretend they were never that into him in the first place?

When you play little games like this you show us all how naive you are to the reality of Scott Brown and how he was viewed by conservatives.

No conservative EVER looked at Scott Brown as a conservative. Scott Brown was a VOTE that was seen strictly as a vote in congress that would help maintain the integrity of our political system. Yes, the democratic party got their way anyway by using loopholes in the system, but Brown was seen by most conservatives as the one who opened up the door to fillibuster.

Something we will ALWAYS want regardless of who has the majority.

Historical evidence does suggest this to the the outcome.

Booosh who?
Newt
Arnold
McCain....

If they ever actually realize that Reagan actually raised taxes and what he did with immigration....
Casket under the bus time.

Just curious:

You are aware that you can take two very intelligent individuals and put them on either side of a debate, and they will both be able to present valid arguments as to why their way is better?

I can argue for or against every single initiative this President or any other President has campaigned for.

So poke fun all you want. There is a valid argument on both sides.

But according to your question, you seem to believe that a conservative like Malkin does not have the right to express her opinioin especially becuase you disagree with her.

I don't question the right of any idiot to express their opinion.

What I do question is Michelle Malkins standing within the Republican Party vs John McCains. I also question her standing to make a determination of who a "Real Republican" is

In the end....isn't it the voters who get to decide who the "Real Republican" is??
In 2008, the FoxNews republicans tried to label McCain as not a "Real Republican"....The Republican voters in the primaries had a different view

You work for some Republican "moderate" RINO don't you?

I mean you sound exactly like them.

The same CLUELESS, OUT OF TOUCH RINOS that thought they could take over the party and end the Reagan Revolution in 2006-8 AND THEY LOST!

You are never going to get it through you heads that the era of Reagan isn't Dead, THE ERA OF ROCKEFELLER IS DEAD AND BURIED.

The day of being a minority happy to let Democrats run things as long as they let us pretend to have a say in things IS LONG DEAD.

We aren't backing down anymore or kissing ass. Not to Democrats and not to CLUELESS RINOS LIKE YOU!

(Geesh, I feel like I got to vomit every time I talk to this guy. He's worse than the liberals)

And people wonder why we voted for Obama?

You happy with that vote?

But according to your question, you seem to believe that a conservative like Malkin does not have the right to express her opinioin especially becuase you disagree with her.

I don't question the right of any idiot to express their opinion.

What I do question is Michelle Malkins standing within the Republican Party vs John McCains. I also question her standing to make a determination of who a "Real Republican" is

In the end....isn't it the voters who get to decide who the "Real Republican" is??
In 2008, the FoxNews republicans tried to label McCain as not a "Real Republican"....The Republican voters in the primaries had a different view

You work for some Republican "moderate" RINO don't you?

I mean you sound exactly like them.

The same CLUELESS, OUT OF TOUCH RINOS that thought they could take over the party and end the Reagan Revolution in 2006-8 AND THEY LOST!

You are never going to get it through you heads that the era of Reagan isn't Dead, THE ERA OF ROCKEFELLER IS DEAD AND BURIED.

The day of being a minority happy to let Democrats run things as long as they let us pretend to have a say in things IS LONG DEAD.

We aren't backing down anymore or kissing ass. Not to Democrats and not to CLUELESS RINOS LIKE YOU!

(Geesh, I feel like I got to vomit every time I talk to this guy. He's worse than the liberals)

You are the kind of fuckwad that would call Goldwater liberal today, aren't you?

Forum List

Back