Jesus on Marriage...

Provide one Quote from the Old or New Testaments that has God or Jesus even Tolerant of Homosexuality...
I'll be here. :thup:
:)
peace...

Jesus was silent before Pontius Pilate. He knew when it was a waste of time. Thus it is with you. It's not like you have an open mind. You remind me of Muslims who use the Qu'Ran to kill people. You have a religion based on seperation, judgmentalism and hatred.
Oh well. It's not like you're alone or even unusual.
For centuries, prophets have brought messages of love and peace.
And always, The Message has been ignored and worship of the Messenger has been used as justification for petty judgmentalism, violence, elitism etc...

From my book The Las Vegas Times Dictionary (available on Amazon, shameless plug time!)

Bible: n A holy tome which tells people four things:
1. There is one God and He is not found in a church.
2. Don’t judge others, focus on your own path.
3. Love and tolerate everyone. Especially those you might be tempted to look down upon or call your enemies.
4. Don’t go around hurting or murdering each other. Really, it’s not very nice and God doesn’t like it.
The result of man’s interpretation of this book has been:
1. The belief that God can only be found in a church – and it must be the right one.
2. The condemnation by members of one church, of others who do not go to the same church.
3. A self-righteousness and judgmental intolerance of anyone deemed “sinful” by those who consider their own sins to be of superior quality and
4. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, KKK, bombing of planned parenthood centers, and the election of Conservative politicians.

So yes, don't worry about that plank in your eye. Tell us how wrong and sinful and what an abomination other people are. Throw the first stone. Judge thy neighbor. Those whom you consider the lowest, will be uh... the lowest. Hate thy enemy. Got it.

So basically, you have the ability to love and accept those of whom you judge worthy of your personal approval and are comfortable with. Impressive brand of religion ya got there...

So, you think a Christian church should ignore the sin part of Jesus's teachings? I think you are missing the point. Yes, Jesus said to love one another and not judge, but he also said that you were to live a Godly life and reject sin. There are two clearly defined paths. You are either trying to live a Godly life and walking towards a relationship with Christ, or you are not. A Christian church is not going to advocate the second, and that is not the same thing as 'judging' or 'condemning'. We all sin, this is a truth, but openly following the path of sin or openly living in sin, is not following the path of Christ, therefore the Christian church can neither embrace nor accept that as a valid thing to teach. To be an active Christian you are rejecting sin, an openly practicing homosexual is not following that path according to the Bible. We all face temptations, why is the temptation of attraction to the same sex any different for a homosexual than attraction to someone other then a spouse would be to a married heterosexual? We all are supposed to reject temptations, so homosexuals are not exclusive in that regard. To me it doesn't matter if you're homo or hetero, if you're following the path of Christ and rejecting sin and temptation, believing in the salvation of Christ, then you're a Christian.

Mal's point is that you can't expect the Christian church to accept that a practicing homosexual is not sinning, and he's absolutely right. And if you're openly and knowingly following the path of sin, you are not following the path of Christ. It's that simple.

Actually I can say exactly that. And with every bit as much validity as those claiming otherwise.
Here's a fact. All Christians do the same thing. They (or their religious leaders) take parts of the Bible literally, interpret other parts, and just plain throw some stuff out.

So we differ simply in how we choose to interpret certain things and also, what we choose to throw out.

Jesus was silent before Pontius Pilate. He knew when it was a waste of time. Thus it is with you. It's not like you have an open mind. You remind me of Muslims who use the Qu'Ran to kill people. You have a religion based on seperation, judgmentalism and hatred.
Oh well. It's not like you're alone or even unusual.
For centuries, prophets have brought messages of love and peace.
And always, The Message has been ignored and worship of the Messenger has been used as justification for petty judgmentalism, violence, elitism etc...

From my book The Las Vegas Times Dictionary (available on Amazon, shameless plug time!)

Bible: n A holy tome which tells people four things:
1. There is one God and He is not found in a church.
2. Don’t judge others, focus on your own path.
3. Love and tolerate everyone. Especially those you might be tempted to look down upon or call your enemies.
4. Don’t go around hurting or murdering each other. Really, it’s not very nice and God doesn’t like it.
The result of man’s interpretation of this book has been:
1. The belief that God can only be found in a church – and it must be the right one.
2. The condemnation by members of one church, of others who do not go to the same church.
3. A self-righteousness and judgmental intolerance of anyone deemed “sinful” by those who consider their own sins to be of superior quality and
4. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, KKK, bombing of planned parenthood centers, and the election of Conservative politicians.

So yes, don't worry about that plank in your eye. Tell us how wrong and sinful and what an abomination other people are. Throw the first stone. Judge thy neighbor. Those whom you consider the lowest, will be uh... the lowest. Hate thy enemy. Got it.

So basically, you have the ability to love and accept those of whom you judge worthy of your personal approval and are comfortable with. Impressive brand of religion ya got there...

So, you think a Christian church should ignore the sin part of Jesus's teachings? I think you are missing the point. Yes, Jesus said to love one another and not judge, but he also said that you were to live a Godly life and reject sin. There are two clearly defined paths. You are either trying to live a Godly life and walking towards a relationship with Christ, or you are not. A Christian church is not going to advocate the second, and that is not the same thing as 'judging' or 'condemning'. We all sin, this is a truth, but openly following the path of sin or openly living in sin, is not following the path of Christ, therefore the Christian church can neither embrace nor accept that as a valid thing to teach. To be an active Christian you are rejecting sin, an openly practicing homosexual is not following that path according to the Bible. We all face temptations, why is the temptation of attraction to the same sex any different for a homosexual than attraction to someone other then a spouse would be to a married heterosexual? We all are supposed to reject temptations, so homosexuals are not exclusive in that regard. To me it doesn't matter if you're homo or hetero, if you're following the path of Christ and rejecting sin and temptation, believing in the salvation of Christ, then you're a Christian.

Mal's point is that you can't expect the Christian church to accept that a practicing homosexual is not sinning, and he's absolutely right. And if you're openly and knowingly following the path of sin, you are not following the path of Christ. It's that simple.

Actually I can say exactly that. And with every bit as much validity as those claiming otherwise.
Here's a fact. All Christians do the same thing. They (or their religious leaders) take parts of the Bible literally, interpret other parts, and just plain throw some stuff out.

So we differ simply in how we choose to interpret certain things and also, what we choose to throw out.

Wrong... There is no Interpretation when it comes to Homosexuality because the Old and New Testaments CONSISTENTLY refer to it as Sin and Abomination.

This is Documented FACT regarding the Text.

peace...

I've been reading the thread all along waiting for someone to show where that religous text accepts homosexuality as being "Ok" instead of being a "sin". I have yet to see anyone post something that does so.

Again, you are deflecting away from that question by doing the easy thing...attacking the messanger.

No one is saying Jesus called homosexual sex "OK" or not a "sin", so why would a "messenger" pose such a strawman as an OP... AS IF anyone could ever provide evidence of such...that Jesus was "pro-gay marriage"?

It's the only kind of OP this dishonest coward named mal can post on and feel "right" while he pounds his fist on the table over and over for proof which does not exist.

Still, the gospel provides all sorts of verses and parables and lessons for how to treat each other. Nowhere does God say he wants people to slam the door of Christianity in the face of "sinners"; Jesus' message was in fact quite to the contrary...

Mal's "sin" du jour happens to be be gay sex but married people who are heterosexual are also "sinners" in other ways. You could literally go on and on ad infinitum.

I didn't see anyone claim Jesus would be "pro-gay marriage" as the OP cleverly poised himself to defend that strawman, but so what? Fact is, there are several Christian denominations which recognize and respect gay people in their community, so not all Christians are into demonizing gay people and condemning them from the Church community. IMO Christians who do that are an embarrassment to Christianity...

As far as civil Marriage, we are a Constitutional Republic which preserves the proper separation of Church and State and which defends the civil liberties of ALL Citizens, even the "sinners". :thup:

You get REALLY Angry when you are so Obviously Wrong. :thup:

Homosexuality and Christianity are not Compatible.

That is a Fact based on the Books that Christianity gets it's Basis from.

It's not a Debatable Issue.

This Thread was a Sidebar from another and I didn't Request your Trolling but I knew it would come.

peace...

Mal...I basically agree with everything you have said so far. But saying that Homosexuality and Christianity are not compatible is not one of them. It IS true though that if they don't admit what they're doing is a sin, then they'll never be saved.

For example...if a gay person truly believes in God and believe's Jesus died for our sins. IF they admit that they are living in sin and have asked God to forgive them. And IF they are truly trying to overcome that sin...i do believe they could be Christian.

I don't agree with any church turning ANYONE away because of the "type" of sin a person has. We all have equally horrible sins. God doesn't tell us that being gay is any bigger of a sin than adultry or anything else. He doesn't want us to judge others because of their sin, but he also doesn't expect us to accept the sin. We're to love the sinners but hate the sin. God loves EVERYONE no matter what they do wrong...and he'll always forgive anyone of their sins as long as that person honestly asks for forgiveness and is actively trying to stop the sinning. God knows what's in everyone's heart...so if they falsely state that they are Christian and that they are not actively trying to change their lives, God will take care of it. We are still to love them though. God is the judge.

I have friends that are Gay...i love them very much. I don't agree with their lifestyle and as long as they don't admit what their doing is a sin, then they are the ones that will have to live with the results. But i'm not going to hate them for it...and they don't expect me to say it's all ok because they know how i feel about it.

The first step to being a Christian...is admitting that you lead of life of sin and admit to what that sin is. Then asking God for help.

Wrong... There is no Interpretation when it comes to Homosexuality because the Old and New Testaments CONSISTENTLY refer to it as Sin and Abomination.

peace...

Well that's peachy. It is also documented FACT that slaves should stay good little slaves and obey their masters. That if a man beats the hell out of his wife and she divorces him and remarries, she is living in every bit as much a state of perpetual sin, as any gay person (so is he, except in cases of adultery) and oh, how's that hating your mother and father thing working for ya? And yes, the original translation in the Codex Sinaiticus was "hate" and not "love less". So interpret all you want, it's hate. Kinda contradicts the OT but hey! The NT eliminates the OT, right? Oh wait. Well only in the ways you want it to.

Like I said, you interpret what you want, the way you want and some stuff you just plain throw out.
No getting around it.

Hugs & Kisses

peace...

Well that's peachy. It is also documented FACT that slaves should stay good little slaves and obey their masters. That if a man beats the hell out of his wife and she divorces him and remarries, she is living in every bit as much a state of perpetual sin, as any gay person (so is he, except in cases of adultery) and oh, how's that hating your mother and father thing working for ya? And yes, the original translation in the Codex Sinaiticus was "hate" and not "love less". So interpret all you want, it's hate. Kinda contradicts the OT but hey! The NT eliminates the OT, right? Oh wait. Well only in the ways you want it to.

Like I said, you interpret what you want, the way you want and some stuff you just plain throw out.
No getting around it.

Hugs & Kisses

Old and New Testament... Homosexuality is a Sin and Abomination 100% of the time it's Referenced...

Worse than Beastiality according to God in Moral Law.

Find another Religion if you Intend on not Accepting Homosexuality as Sin. :thup:

peace...

peace...

deut2213.jpg

Laws concerning Chastity
13 ¶ If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14 and give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15 then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

16 and the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

17 and, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

18 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;

19 and they shall amerce him in a hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die; because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

22 ¶ If a man be found lying with a woman married to a husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

23 ¶ If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto a husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbor's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

25 ¶ But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her; then the man only that lay with her shall die:

26 but unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbor, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27 for he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

28 ¶ If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. Ex. 22.16, 17

30 ¶ A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt. Lev. 18.8 ; 20.11 · Deut. 27.20

Context is also your Friend...

And Christ's Blood forgives the Whores... But it doesn't allow the Whore to Continue to be a Whore...

Understand the Distinction False Prophet?

peace...

Laws concerning Chastity

14 and give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15 then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

16 and the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

17 and, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

19 and they shall amerce him in a hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die; because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

22 ¶ If a man be found lying with a woman married to a husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

23 ¶ If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto a husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbor's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

25 ¶ But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her; then the man only that lay with her shall die:

26 but unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbor, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27 for he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

28 ¶ If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. Ex. 22.16, 17

30 ¶ A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt. Lev. 18.8 ; 20.11 · Deut. 27.20

And Christ's Blood forgives the Whores... But it doesn't allow the Whore to Continue to be a Whore...

peace...

I understand you're the dumbest fuck on the board, and that's good enough for me. :thup:

Laws concerning Chastity

peace...

I understand you're the dumbest fuck on the board, and that's good enough for me. :thup:

I'd direct you to the Book of Revelations but I Believe you to be Deliberate in your Deciet.

Good Luck with that. :thup:

peace...

Laws concerning Chastity

peace...

I'd direct you to the Book of Revelations but I Believe you to be Deliberate in your Deciet.

Good Luck with that. :thup:

peace...

Yup, you should probably stop speaking to me, dumb fuck. I might be contagious.

peace...

No getting around it.

Hugs & Kisses

Old and New Testament... Homosexuality is a Sin and Abomination 100% of the time it's Referenced...

Find another Religion if you Intend on not Accepting Homosexuality as Sin. :thup:

peace...

LOL! Nice dodge! And if you don't find slavery or divorce and remarrying unacceptable, find another religion. Actually, I take that back. I would never stoop so low as to tell someone "If you don't believe exactly the same way I do, don't be a Christian!".

Obviously, it's very important to you to be able to point your finger at gays and consider yourself or your sins, somehow "better". Enjoy your self-righteousness.

I just hope no one you care about has divorced and remarried... ;)

No getting around it.

Hugs & Kisses

peace...

LOL! Nice dodge! And if you don't find slavery or divorce and remarrying unacceptable, find another religion. Actually, I take that back. I would never stoop so low as to tell someone "If you don't believe exactly the same way I do, don't be a Christian!".

Obviously, it's very important to you to be able to point your finger at gays and consider yourself or your sins, somehow "better". Enjoy your self-righteousness.

I just hope no one you care about has divorced and remarried... ;)

Emo Phillips, best joke ever.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Forum List

Back