Zone1 Jesus said Few find the Narrow Way to Heaven (so most go to Hell)

lol

Attachments

• main-qimg-90893b04b269370329ca2eaa4d2c6200-lq.jpg
    main-qimg-90893b04b269370329ca2eaa4d2c6200-lq.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
you lie.

Catholics do not worship Mary--talking to someone is hardly worship

And Jesus and the OT tell us about Purgatory, though not using tha
you lie.

Catholics do not worship Mary--talking to someone is hardly worship

And Jesus and the OT tell us about Purgatory, though not using that word.

You are ignorant
Jesus wasnt talking about purgatory.

False Doctrine and False Hope

Roman Catholic doctrine denies all of that. Catholicism teaches that justification is an ongoing process that depends on the degree of real, personal righteousness we achieve. According to Rome, Christ’s merit imputed to us is not enough to save; we must earn more merit of our own through the sacraments and other good works. Righteousness is infused into us (rather than being imputed to us). But it is obvious that we are not perfectly righteous by any practical measure. So the righteousness we obtain by grace must be perfected by our own efforts.

According to Catholic teaching, this real, personal righteousness that resides in us is the necessary ground on which God accepts us. And our justification is not complete until we are really and completely perfect—by an inherent righteousness, not merely by a legally imputed righteousness. This actually reverses the biblical order, suggesting that we must first be perfected, and only then is our justification complete. In other words, in Roman Catholic doctrine, God does not justify the ungodly.

The Catholic view of justification poses an obvious dilemma. We know too well that even the best Christians fall far short of perfection. No one (Catholic teaching actually says almost no one) achieves absolute perfection in this life. And if our own perfection is a prerequisite for heaven, it would seem no one could enter there immediately upon dying. Any remaining imperfections would need to be worked out first.

The invention of purgatory was necessary to solve this dilemma. Deny that we are justified by faith alone, and you must devise an explanation of how we can make the transition from our imperfect state in this life to the perfect state of heaven. Purgatory is where Roman Catholics believe most people go after death to be finally purged of their remaining guilt and gain whatever merit they may be lacking to enter heaven. Catholicism teaches that this process involves intense pain and suffering.

Oddly enough, although Catholic doctrine denies that the imputed righteousness of Christ is sufficient to save sinners in this life, it does allow the imputation of righteousness from living sinners to those in purgatory. This is why masses are said for the dead. Supposedly the righteousness earned by way of the sacrament is imputed to the person in purgatory, which shortens his or her stay there.

The Catholic doctrine of purgatory offers false hope to people hoping to atone for their own sins on the other side of the grave. Rome’s warped and perverted view of justification will undoubtedly usher into eternal torment many who expected to have more time to achieve perfection. The False Hope of Purgatory

some people here lie their asses off

then call themselves Chrsitian

and others not.

wow.. Going to Judged some day...........

This is not Catholic, officially, but it does not contradict Catholic teaching (that I am aware of, and I have read the entire thing)

Site [emphasis mine]:

The question of whether there are more people in Heaven or Hell is answered by Jesus Himself in one succinct passage: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matthew 7:13–14).

This passage tells us that only those who receive Jesus Christ and who believe in Him [Catholics agree but have a different view on "receiving Him"] are given the right to become children of God (John 1:12). As such, the gift of eternal life comes only through Jesus Christ to all those who believe. He said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). It’s not through Mohammed, Buddha, or other false gods of man’s making. It’s not for those wanting a cheap and easy way to Heaven while continuing to live their own selfish and worldly lives on earth. Jesus only saves those who fully trust in Him as Savior (Acts 4:12).

So, what are these two gates in Matthew 7:13–14? They are the entrance to two different “ways.” The wide gate leads to the broad way, or road. The small, narrow gate leads to the way that is narrow. The narrow way is the way of the godly, and the broad way is the way of the ungodly. The broad way is the easy way. It is attractive and self-indulgent. It is permissive. It’s the inclusive way of the world, with few rules, few restrictions, and fewer requirements. Tolerance of sin is the norm where God’s Word is not studied and His standards not followed. This way requires no spiritual maturity, no moral character, no commitment, and no sacrifice. It is the easy way of salvation, following “the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience” (Ephesians 2:2). It is that broad way that “seems right to a man, but end is the way to death” (Proverbs 14:12).

Those who preach a gospel of inclusiveness where “all ways lead to heaven” preach an utterly different gospel than the one Jesus preached. The gate of self-centeredness, self-absorption, and a proud, holier-than-thou mindset is the wide gate of the world that leads to hell, not the narrow gate that leads to eternal life. As a result, most people spend their lives following the masses who are on the broad road, doing what everyone else does and believing what everyone else believes.

The narrow way is the hard way, the demanding way. It is the way of recognizing that you cannot save yourself and must depend on Jesus Christ alone to save you. It’s the way of self-denial and the cross. The fact that few find God’s way implies that it is to be sought diligently. “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13). No one will stumble into the kingdom or wander through the narrow gate by accident. Someone asked Jesus, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” He replied, “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able” (Luke 13:23–24).

Many will seek to enter that narrow door, the door of salvation, but “will not be able.” They are unwilling to trust/rely on Jesus alone. They are unwilling to pay the price. It costs too much for them to give up the world. God’s gate is a gate through which one cannot carry the baggage of sin and self-will, nor can one carry the accoutrements of materialism. The way of Christ is the way of the cross, and the way of the cross is the way of self-denial. Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it” (Luke 9:23–24).

Jesus knows that many will choose the wide gate and the broad way that leads to destruction and hell. Correspondingly, He said that only a few will choose the narrow gate. According to Matthew 7:13–14, there is no doubt that more will go to Hell than to Heaven. The question for you is, then, on which road are you?

Comments

I really don't have any further comments

for once

:)
This is indeed a common teaching in all Christian churches. The only thing left to explore is the fate of those not called in this age (you must be called to choose the strait gate). Is it eternal torment, eternal death, or something else?

Last edited:
I am glad I'm not very wealthy as that would nix my chances of entering heaven.
No worries. Jesus said that it is indeed possible for a rich person to enter heaven. The discourse also suggests that the disciples were not poor.

This is indeed a common teaching in all Christian churches. The only thing left to explore is the fate of those not called in this age (you must be called to choose the strait gate). Is it eternal torment, eternal death, or something else?
no idea what you are saying here.

But one interesting thing is that the longer I live, the easier it is to believe this thing Jesus said, namely that most people end up in Hell.. or as he put it, few find the narrow way to Heaven. And the even more interesting (maybe) thing is that I--due to circumstances behond my control--go to Church less often than I used to.. wish it weren't so but for now..

So yeh.. can't blame it on being brainwashed or whatever.. Common sense tells me that most people.. let's put it this way

COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT 80% OF WHAT JESUS SAID

Why do you find this so unfortunate? I know what I’m choosing, and why. Gid and I just have different ideas on how the world should work.
Check out the Religion topic called

People who die temporarily [etc]

There are stories there of people who had medical problems and the soul left the body and they ended up in Hell..

lots of You Tube stories on that one

There are stories there of people who had medical problems and the soul left the body and they ended up in Hell..
I know two individuals who have had near death experiences personally. I understand He’ll is a real place and an exceptionally unpleasant one.

I just have no interest in sitting around for eternity singing the praises of an entity (God) who has spent my entire life fucking me over. Literally from the moment of conception.

I know two individuals who have had near death experiences personally. I understand He’ll is a real place and an exceptionally unpleasant one.

I just have no interest in sitting around for eternity singing the praises of an entity (God) who has spent my entire life fucking me over. Literally from the moment of conception.
That is not at all what Heaven is like. do you think God is too clueless to know what you as an individual want for all eternity? I mean, this makes no sense. Your place in Heaven is suited to you.. or at least that's what I've heard from saints and others. And it makes sense.

I don't know who told you about that kind of place you describe. To me Heaven is where all misery ends, all injustice and its ill effects.. where Love rules and not hate.. where there is no destruction or malice.. sounds pretty good to me

That is not at all what Heaven is like. do you think God is too clueless to know what you as an individual want for all eternity? I mean, this makes no sense. Your place in Heaven is suited to you.. or at least that's what I've heard from saints and others. And it makes sense.

I don't know who told you about that kind of place you describe. To me Heaven is where all misery ends, all injustice and its ill effects.. where Love rules and not hate.. where there is no destruction or malice.. sounds pretty good to me
That’s interesting. I don’t remember anything in the Bible about Heaven being customizable. I know that no pastor I’ve ever heard speak about Heaven, including the ones who are in my family, has ever indicated it as anything other than a place of continuation worship and adoration of God.

Look at the words of Amazing Grace… “when we’ve been here ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun; we’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we’d first begun.”

You are not going to hell
How in God's name do you know who is going to Hell or not, esp via the internet alone?!

The novus ordo church you belong to teaches heresy (though some Catholic priests teach/preach true Catholicism, thank God). This heresy I refer to emanates from the Vatican, which was lost to Catholics in 1958. Non Christians took over the Vatican then and continue to poison people's minds, as evidenced by your statement here. It is actually more likely the poster IS going to Hell, but only God knows. I say the poster you responded to is more likely going to Hell because Jesus said that most people end up there (paraphrase). Still, I would NEVER say someone is or is not going there with such certainty as you have.

You may be into etymology but I know Church history and TRUE Catholic teaching. The Vatican essentially tossed Hell aside..

As to your chosen study, I still fail to see where Jesus was speaking of THIS life and this life only when he used the word Life (not sure all versions of the Bible do?) The ultimate life is Heaven, obviously.. but in any case, my primary concern here is that you are parroting what the sick Vatican teaches, namely that that poster is not going to Hell (!!) when you have absolutely NO way of knowing.

Forum List

Back