It's Daylight up here, Already. 4:48 AM

you get red with 70 degrees?......you would burn to a crisp here in vegas....its already in the 90's here.....
Have been a sun worshipper all my life and have sat in the 40s C all day without harm , to the disbelief of Egyptians etc
But it is UV that can be the killer almost regardless of temperature .

These last few days have seen 20 years unprecedented sun eruptions which is why an earth quake in the next few days would not surpise me --- the extra energy has to go somewhere . Up De CrapitUS's arse would be great

I LOVE this time of year!

The sun is not shining yet, but it is light enough to get around and see where you are going.

All the birds are chirping, waiting for Matt to put the bird feeders back out!

We have to bring them in at night because the raccoons always tear them down at night to get to the sunflower seeds! They've broken two of them so far, so now we bring them in.

I know what you mean!!

I LOVE this time of year!

The sun is not shining yet, but it is light enough to get around and see where you are going.

All the birds are chirping, waiting for Matt to put the bird feeders back out!

We have to bring them in at night because the raccoons always tear them down at night to get to the sunflower seeds! They've broken two of them so far, so now we bring them in.
4r3a7l.jpg

I feel your pain.....I could have guided bear hunts off my deck!

This time of year I just toss some feed on the ground a couple times a day. Not so much because of the bear but the damn Crackles will eat-out a feeder in a day.

R.31bb215ae2f42585c53089c806635cf0

It's funny, the Cardinals are always waiting in the morning and evening when I toss some feed out.

Birds woke me up at 5:10 AM and I had to get up to take a leak anyway, and went back to bed, they usually start chirping before 4:30 and are usually done before 5:30 AM, I laid in bed until 5:45 and am now wide awake. I have large Arbor Vitae's next to my house (10-12 footers) and the birds bed down in them at night, I can really hear them in the mornings and at dusk.

Last edited:
I think we in the Downeast part of Maine have the first sunrise in the USA on the Summer Solstice! I will see daylight at around 3:45 am to 4 am.

we have very long days this time of year. Longer days than in Florida near my parents and sister!

at the Winter Solstice, we only have around 8 hours a day of sunlight! It is downright depressing!

I went to St Petersburg in August, it was light for a long time there.

View attachment 947132

I feel your pain.....I could have guided bear hunts off my deck!

This time of year I just toss some feed on the ground a couple times a day. Not so much because of the bear but the damn Crackles will eat-out a feeder in a day.

R.31bb215ae2f42585c53089c806635cf0

It's funny, the Cardinals are always waiting in the morning and evening when I toss some feed out.
the common Grackle, not crackle are early risers here as well, along with the crows, and as you...the Cardinals are early risers too.

the Cardinals don't like to be around all of those other birds fighting for food! So they get here early...we've only had a male and female single couple....I think they live year round here and don't migrate South in winter, because I've spotted them in the winter at the feeder. The blue jays and chickadee are year round as well, the chickadees are our State bird in Maine.

This time of year, with all the visitors we fill two bird feeders 3 times a day, and the racoon and skunk get the remains of the third filling we dump on the ground and then bring the feeders in.

The skunks and raccoons hang out together. Shocker for us! But they go in to hibernation and disappear at the same time, and then come out in the spring together, walking together with each other to get to the food and share the food....who knew? They must share an underground cavern in the winter??I

We both love watching all the different animals, and their habits and mannerisms!

Forum List

Back