Zone1 Jesus said Few find the Narrow Way to Heaven (so most go to Hell)

And THIS is the problem. This is what a cult looks like.

Call NO MAN "father "
Infant baptism
You celebrate Saturnalia
You celebrate Ishtar
You persecuted the Church of God because they "judaize on the Sabbath"
You teach heaven is the reward of the saved
You teach the wicked are tortured forever in hell

I could go on and on
This is why I can say without hesitation that you have you never truly studied the Bible, the history of the Catholic Church, or the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It seems you are one of the avid fans of others who have little interest in their own Christian denomination but have great interest in weaving delusions around the Catholic faith in order to keep (or reassure the flock) they should contribute their time, talent, and treasure within whatever denomination that is. Have you ever wondered why the people of your faith feel they must tear down the Catholic faith? Have you ever wondered why your faith can't stand on its own feet without denigrating the Catholic faith?

Yes, I know you could go on and on...you people do, but, if I ever had it, I lost interest in tracking these red herrings ages ago. Falsehoods have that bad an odor.

What I want to know is why there is a Hell. What is its reason or purpose that, let's say, a complete cessation of conscience wouldn't accomplish?
In Catholicism, hell is the choice one makes to remain separated from God and service to God. The choice: God or no God...

This is not Catholic, officially, but it does not contradict Catholic teaching (that I am aware of, and I have read the entire thing)

Site [emphasis mine]:

The question of whether there are more people in Heaven or Hell is answered by Jesus Himself in one succinct passage: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matthew 7:13–14).

This passage tells us that only those who receive Jesus Christ and who believe in Him [Catholics agree but have a different view on "receiving Him"] are given the right to become children of God (John 1:12). As such, the gift of eternal life comes only through Jesus Christ to all those who believe. He said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). It’s not through Mohammed, Buddha, or other false gods of man’s making. It’s not for those wanting a cheap and easy way to Heaven while continuing to live their own selfish and worldly lives on earth. Jesus only saves those who fully trust in Him as Savior (Acts 4:12).

So, what are these two gates in Matthew 7:13–14? They are the entrance to two different “ways.” The wide gate leads to the broad way, or road. The small, narrow gate leads to the way that is narrow. The narrow way is the way of the godly, and the broad way is the way of the ungodly. The broad way is the easy way. It is attractive and self-indulgent. It is permissive. It’s the inclusive way of the world, with few rules, few restrictions, and fewer requirements. Tolerance of sin is the norm where God’s Word is not studied and His standards not followed. This way requires no spiritual maturity, no moral character, no commitment, and no sacrifice. It is the easy way of salvation, following “the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience” (Ephesians 2:2). It is that broad way that “seems right to a man, but end is the way to death” (Proverbs 14:12).

Those who preach a gospel of inclusiveness where “all ways lead to heaven” preach an utterly different gospel than the one Jesus preached. The gate of self-centeredness, self-absorption, and a proud, holier-than-thou mindset is the wide gate of the world that leads to hell, not the narrow gate that leads to eternal life. As a result, most people spend their lives following the masses who are on the broad road, doing what everyone else does and believing what everyone else believes.

The narrow way is the hard way, the demanding way. It is the way of recognizing that you cannot save yourself and must depend on Jesus Christ alone to save you. It’s the way of self-denial and the cross. The fact that few find God’s way implies that it is to be sought diligently. “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13). No one will stumble into the kingdom or wander through the narrow gate by accident. Someone asked Jesus, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” He replied, “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able” (Luke 13:23–24).

Many will seek to enter that narrow door, the door of salvation, but “will not be able.” They are unwilling to trust/rely on Jesus alone. They are unwilling to pay the price. It costs too much for them to give up the world. God’s gate is a gate through which one cannot carry the baggage of sin and self-will, nor can one carry the accoutrements of materialism. The way of Christ is the way of the cross, and the way of the cross is the way of self-denial. Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it” (Luke 9:23–24).

Jesus knows that many will choose the wide gate and the broad way that leads to destruction and hell. Correspondingly, He said that only a few will choose the narrow gate. According to Matthew 7:13–14, there is no doubt that more will go to Hell than to Heaven. The question for you is, then, on which road are you?

Comments

I really don't have any further comments

for once

:)
LMK WHERE PURGATORY IS IN THERE...

You are answering what I said by acting like I said that only Catholics can make it. I did not say that

The Church teaches it is virtually impossible to get to Heaven without being a member of the RCC. I have found through EXPERIENCE alone that I myself cannot steer clear of all serious sin without the helps that the RCC has: rosary, Mass...

i don't know where you are at, religion-wise, but I know where I have been... yes, I certainly know where I have been.

In my experience, only the Cahtolic Church helped me or COULD help me, when I wanted to be close to Jesus and FAR from sin...I did not know how to be close to Him the way I am close to Him now..

And no way can I put into mere, inadequate words all that I have experienced in my "thing" with Jesus... All I can do is say things like... the above.. things like... well, whatever... I feel like I am talking to a wall at this forum when it comes to my faith... People can find out on their own. I hadto seek and find and so does everyone else... can't do it for anyone (but me)
I CARE WHAT JESUS TAUGHT.

LOL. purgatory, mary worship, 7 sacraments, priesthood, the rcc cathechism, statue worship, mary as co redeemer to name a few.
you lie.

Catholics do not worship Mary--talking to someone is hardly worship

And Jesus and the OT tell us about Purgatory, though not using that word.

You are ignorant

This is not Catholic, officially, but it does not contradict Catholic teaching (that I am aware of, and I have read the entire thing)

Site [emphasis mine]:

The question of whether there are more people in Heaven or Hell is answered by Jesus Himself in one succinct passage: “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matthew 7:13–14).

This passage tells us that only those who receive Jesus Christ and who believe in Him [Catholics agree but have a different view on "receiving Him"] are given the right to become children of God (John 1:12). As such, the gift of eternal life comes only through Jesus Christ to all those who believe. He said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). It’s not through Mohammed, Buddha, or other false gods of man’s making. It’s not for those wanting a cheap and easy way to Heaven while continuing to live their own selfish and worldly lives on earth. Jesus only saves those who fully trust in Him as Savior (Acts 4:12).

So, what are these two gates in Matthew 7:13–14? They are the entrance to two different “ways.” The wide gate leads to the broad way, or road. The small, narrow gate leads to the way that is narrow. The narrow way is the way of the godly, and the broad way is the way of the ungodly. The broad way is the easy way. It is attractive and self-indulgent. It is permissive. It’s the inclusive way of the world, with few rules, few restrictions, and fewer requirements. Tolerance of sin is the norm where God’s Word is not studied and His standards not followed. This way requires no spiritual maturity, no moral character, no commitment, and no sacrifice. It is the easy way of salvation, following “the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience” (Ephesians 2:2). It is that broad way that “seems right to a man, but end is the way to death” (Proverbs 14:12).

Those who preach a gospel of inclusiveness where “all ways lead to heaven” preach an utterly different gospel than the one Jesus preached. The gate of self-centeredness, self-absorption, and a proud, holier-than-thou mindset is the wide gate of the world that leads to hell, not the narrow gate that leads to eternal life. As a result, most people spend their lives following the masses who are on the broad road, doing what everyone else does and believing what everyone else believes.

The narrow way is the hard way, the demanding way. It is the way of recognizing that you cannot save yourself and must depend on Jesus Christ alone to save you. It’s the way of self-denial and the cross. The fact that few find God’s way implies that it is to be sought diligently. “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13). No one will stumble into the kingdom or wander through the narrow gate by accident. Someone asked Jesus, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” He replied, “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able” (Luke 13:23–24).

Many will seek to enter that narrow door, the door of salvation, but “will not be able.” They are unwilling to trust/rely on Jesus alone. They are unwilling to pay the price. It costs too much for them to give up the world. God’s gate is a gate through which one cannot carry the baggage of sin and self-will, nor can one carry the accoutrements of materialism. The way of Christ is the way of the cross, and the way of the cross is the way of self-denial. Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it” (Luke 9:23–24).

Jesus knows that many will choose the wide gate and the broad way that leads to destruction and hell. Correspondingly, He said that only a few will choose the narrow gate. According to Matthew 7:13–14, there is no doubt that more will go to Hell than to Heaven. The question for you is, then, on which road are you?

Comments

I really don't have any further comments

for once

:)

Muhammad was a messenger. He wasn't a Messiah. He didn't intercede for mankind.

What I want to know is why there is a Hell. What is its reason or purpose that, let's say, a complete cessation of conscience wouldn't accomplish?
You'd have to ask God but I absolutely KNOW there is one. Oftentimes in life we find ourselves there.. People in our families don't act right toward us... significant others, ditto.. Life on Earth is Hell... with little interludes of purgatory and even Heaven sometimes (pristine forests in the springtime :)) but the hell (9-5 jobs.. irritating co-workers...) never goes away until we die... (uh... Hopefully it goes away)

If you don't love God and do HIS will (not your own), you will be separated from Him forever. That is your choice.

And God doesn't want to be with those who despise Him any more than they want to be with Him...

Even if He were to allow such folks into Heaven, they would soon make it a Hell for all who are there

Biden is a Catholic. Bent on going to hell.

Biden credits her with the renewal of his interest in politics and life. Biden is Roman Catholic and attends Mass with his wife, Jill, at St. Joseph's on the Brandywine in Greenville, Delaware. Their daughter, Ashley Biden, is a social worker and is married to physician Howard Krein.

Joe Biden - Wikipedia​

Forum List

Back