In your opinion, does a woman who is being raped have the right to use deadly force on her rapist?

Absolutely!

If the woman is being raped against her will...kill the SOB

If not

Thank him LOL
Not to be funny, but is there a time when a woman is being raped willingly? Wouldn't that be consensual sex?

All rape, is against the persons will.

A person is only allowed to use deadly force in response to deadly force. If a woman reasonably believes that her life is in danger from being raped, then she may use deadly force. I think it would be tough to sell that one - in the usual rape case, a woman's life is not endangered from being raped unless there is something else going on in addition to the rape.

A person cannot use deadly force to prevent just any crime, rape included. You'd have better luck using deadly force when you were the victim of an armed robbery. There, an argument could be made for a reasonable belief that your life was in danger.

That's not true. Certain states with 'stand your ground' or 'castle amendment' types laws allow use of deadly force to protect property as well as life. Here in Missouri for example, if someone's messing with your car or tresspassing on your property use of deadly force is authorized.

It all depends on your state and local laws whether it's ok or not. Gets even more complicated when it's defense of a 3rd party as if a concealed weapons permit holder witnesses such a thing like a rape and opts to come to the woman's aid utilizing deadly force. And again it all depends on whether or not the state allows such things.

It all depends on your state and local laws whether it's ok or not. Gets even more complicated when it's defense of a 3rd party as if a concealed weapons permit holder witnesses such a thing like a rape and opts to come to the woman's aid utilizing deadly force. And again it all depends on whether or not the state allows such things.
One should check their state laws but I "believe" that lethal force is justified in all 50 states to stop a felonious assault on a 3rd party.

Tell that to the guy who tried to break down my door to rape my first wife. Ask him what he felt when a 12 gauge was 10" from his chest.

Is he alive?
Yes. He kind of lost his desire when he saw the Mossberg pump. It wasn't necessary to kill him. I've been in 2 self defense situations. Neither required a bullet to resolve. I'd prefer not to take a life, but I am fully prepared to, if necessary.
Then...as I said....you are all talk. Dude tried to rape your wife....and you didn't kill him. Big ass talker.
I have no desire to kill anyone. I stopped him before he laid a hand on her. There was no need to stain the carpet.

I see. You meant to say.... "you try to rape my wife, you die son...no ifs, ands or police about it. Unless that is, I just installed new carpet. In that case, I'm just talking here. Nothing to fear, bro!"
Look, asshole. I would really prefer not to kill anyone. Do you understand that?
Besides carpet, there are all kinds of bad shit you're going to have to go through if you should ever need to use deadly force. I'd rather not put myself through that.
In both cases where I used a gun in self defense, all that was needed was for the would be attacker to see that there was a good chance of dying if they persisted.
The fact remains that in both cases, I would have fired if they didn't break off their attack.
Feel free to paint my experience any way you want. In fact, feel free to test my resolve.

I have no desire to kill anyone. I stopped him before he laid a hand on her. There was no need to stain the carpet.

What you are saying is impossible. Surely the shotgun would have killed him on sight. It would have auto-fired. Since the shotgun didn't auto-fire and kill the guy (which is what guns love to do most), this story must be made up. Also, the gun would have poisoned you and taken over control of your mind. You would have had to shoot. You can't not pull the trigger when a gun is around because you are under psychic mind control. Are you trying to say that you're stronger than psychic mind control? Psht, surely not.
Much stronger. I vote Republican.

One should check their state laws but I "believe" that lethal force is justified in all 50 states to stop a felonious assault on a 3rd party.

It should be. What if a person's CHILD was being assaulted? I'm sure most people would use deadly force.

I remember a news story a few years back where a man broke into a woman's home, killed her and kidnapped her little 3 year old son and sexually assaulted him. Maybe if she had a gun, she could have shot his ass. I would not HESITATE.

You would like to be able to defend yourself, Chris, but you life in Massachusetts where Progressive politicians have made that very difficult.
I could find you a nice place in your price range here in Lower Alabama...

You would like to be able to defend yourself, Chris, but you life in Massachusetts where Progressive politicians have made that very difficult.
I could find you a nice place in your price range here in Lower Alabama...

I've really been thinking about moving. Lol. The winters are what really get to me. Snow isn't fun like it was when I was a kid. :lol: Alabama sounds wonderful.

Of course they have the right. It seems strange though, many who claim to be anti death penalty are all for this.

Anti death penalty when it is the government doling out the penalty, yes. If a person is being attacked, I am all for self defense. However, once a person is behind bars, it is no longer self defense.

...how about, if a man is being forcibly sodomized, does he have the right to use deadly force on his attacker?

I think yes in both cases.

Of course, the victim does not know to what ends her assailant is willing to go in order to both rape her and protect himself from a credible witness. In short, she does not know the motive of the rapist who has proven by his deeds that he is willing to use force and thus deadly force is authorized. She does not know the end result of said force and must assume deadly intent. This, of course, ends when he is no longer in her presence.

Last edited:
...how about, if a man is being forcibly sodomized, does he have the right to use deadly force on his attacker?

I think yes in both cases.

Of course, the victim does not know to what ends her assailant is willing to go in order to both rape her and protect himself from a credible witness. In short, she does not know the motive of the rapists who has proven by his deeds that he is willing to use force and thus deadly force is authorized. She does not know the end result of said force and must assume deadly intent. This, of course, ends when he is no longer in her presence.

Agreed. It is ridiculous to suggest a person not use every tool available to them to fight off an attacker. RIDICULOUS! Especially for women because of the simple fact that a man (in most instances) can easily overpower a woman. That right there gives the woman the right to use deadly force.

Is he alive?
Yes. He kind of lost his desire when he saw the Mossberg pump. It wasn't necessary to kill him. I've been in 2 self defense situations. Neither required a bullet to resolve. I'd prefer not to take a life, but I am fully prepared to, if necessary.
Then...as I said....you are all talk. Dude tried to rape your wife....and you didn't kill him. Big ass talker.

I see. You meant to say.... "you try to rape my wife, you die son...no ifs, ands or police about it. Unless that is, I just installed new carpet. In that case, I'm just talking here. Nothing to fear, bro!"
Look, asshole. I would really prefer not to kill anyone. Do you understand that?
Besides carpet, there are all kinds of bad shit you're going to have to go through if you should ever need to use deadly force. I'd rather not put myself through that.
In both cases where I used a gun in self defense, all that was needed was for the would be attacker to see that there was a good chance of dying if they persisted.
The fact remains that in both cases, I would have fired if they didn't break off their attack.
Feel free to paint my experience any way you want. In fact, feel free to test my resolve.

Assholes make claims and then don't support them. You claimed that you'd kill anyone who tried to rape your wife. Someone tried and he's still breathing. That means that you are a blowhard.

Own it.

Assholes make claims and then don't support them. You claimed that you'd kill anyone who tried to rape your wife. Someone tried and he's still breathing. That means that you are a blowhard.

Own it.

Oh geez . . . really? :lol: Of course men are going to have an emotional reaction when talking about their wives being raped. Lighten up!

Forum List

Back