In your opinion, does a woman who is being raped have the right to use deadly force on her rapist?

That is the wrong question to ask:

Does the woman who kills her attacker deserve be to punished the same as the one that attacked her?

If we follow the far left logic of applying the laws equally, then she should get the same punishment that her attacker would have received.

That is if we follow the far left religious dogma..

This is too vague a question.
Which part is vague? Seems pretty clear cut and I'd say not permitted byt mandatory.

Rape can mean:

-Being jumped in a dark alley and brutally assaulted and having sex taken by violent force, perhaps involving a weapon
-Being at a frat party and being at least .00001% more drunk than the guy you decided to have sex with
-Being 17 and having sex with an 18 year old boyfriend/girlfriend
-Being asleep and having an s/o think some kinky dreams might be fun

...among other things.
Um, no.
#1 everyone agrees is rape.
#2 is not rape, whatever she may say the next day
#3 is not rape but statutory rape, and not in all states either.
#4 I have no idea even what this means.

This is too vague a question.
Which part is vague? Seems pretty clear cut and I'd say not permitted byt mandatory.

Rape can mean:

-Being jumped in a dark alley and brutally assaulted and having sex taken by violent force, perhaps involving a weapon
-Being at a frat party and being at least .00001% more drunk than the guy you decided to have sex with
-Being 17 and having sex with an 18 year old boyfriend/girlfriend
-Being asleep and having an s/o think some kinky dreams might be fun

...among other things.
Um, no.

actually, #3 is not statutory rape. The perpetrator has to be at least 2 years older than the victim in most states.

Having sex with your partner who is asleep could be considered rape, because there was no consent.

why is this question even being asked?

If it was me and I didn't kill him on the spot, I'd hunt him down and kill him no matter how long it took.

Now now Stephanie; killing on the spot is more than adequate. If it's left to the Law it is OK by me if they spend the rest of their days in jail being taken advantage of by Bubba!!

But to "hunt them down"..............leave that to the professionals.

Greg

Having sex with your partner who is asleep could be considered rape, because there was no consent.
Im not interested in your fantasies.
You're trying to crabwalk your way out of sounding stupid and ignorant. Here's a hint: It's not working.

If someone committed a crime, it doesn't mean that victim should commit it too.
We have police, we have people who should punish criminals!
Of course, sometimes they work not perfect and in sometimes very awful, but!

...how about, if a man is being forcibly sodomized, does he have the right to use deadly force on his attacker?

I think yes in both cases.

The answer is obviously no. The victim of rape does not have the right to kill the attacker. However should he or she understandably do so, there are avenues of defense available. The fact that no legal right exists does not indicate that the act is "wrong".

Some of the idiots who have responded to this thread...especially those suggesting that hunting down the attacker after the fact....and committing murder....is acceptable.....exhibit limited reasoning skills.

You're trying to crabwalk your way out of sounding stupid and ignorant. Here's a hint: It's not working.

Translation: You've been pwned.

Woman raped by her husband hundreds of times in her sleep is on a waiting list to get therapy - UK - News - The Independent

Utah Lawmaker Questions Whether Sex With An Unconscious Person Should Always Be Considered Rape

Woman raped by her husband hundreds of times in her sleep is on a waiting list to get therapy - UK - News - The Independent

Utah Lawmaker Questions Whether Sex With An Unconscious Person Should Always Be Considered Rape
/fail.

I wake up if my wife nudges me. I think I would notice if she stuck a spoon in my butt.

...how about, if a man is being forcibly sodomized, does he have the right to use deadly force on his attacker?

I think yes in both cases.

Has the right only if their jurisdiction gives them that right. From a moral position, of course. From a legal position, depends.

A person is only allowed to use deadly force in response to deadly force. If a woman reasonably believes that her life is in danger from being raped, then she may use deadly force. I think it would be tough to sell that one - in the usual rape case, a woman's life is not endangered from being raped unless there is something else going on in addition to the rape.

A person cannot use deadly force to prevent just any crime, rape included. You'd have better luck using deadly force when you were the victim of an armed robbery. There, an argument could be made for a reasonable belief that your life was in danger.

A person is only allowed to use deadly force in response to deadly force. If a woman reasonably believes that her life is in danger from being raped, then she may use deadly force. I think it would be tough to sell that one - in the usual rape case, a woman's life is not endangered from being raped unless there is something else going on in addition to the rape.

A person cannot use deadly force to prevent just any crime, rape included. You'd have better luck using deadly force when you were the victim of an armed robbery. There, an argument could be made for a reasonable belief that your life was in danger.

It would be an easy sell, if you are being rape, the woman may conclude the rapist may kill her after the rape, to make sure she does not identify him.

I find myself musing on the sort of reply once-upon-a-time liberal Democrat presidential candidate Mikey Dukakis might have offered.

Oh wait, he DID offer one and it was one of main factors that not only cost him the election but also any shred of credibility he might ever have had.

May haven't helped his marriage much, either.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back