Montana Taliban: jail women who wear yoga pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Montana Taliban: Republican lawmaker wants to arrest and jail women for wearing yoga pants

A Montana lawmaker wants to expand his state’s indecent exposure laws to outlaw yoga pants and other tight-fitting or revealing clothing.

State Rep. David Moore (R-Missoula) introduced a bill Tuesday after stewing for months over a group of naked bicyclists who rode through his town in August.

City officials feared that denying a permit to Bare As You Dare riders might violate free speech rights, although the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that public nudity is not protected expression.

Moore’s bill, which was drafted with retired professor Walt Hill, is intended to preserve Montana’s reputation as a “decent state where people can live within the security of laws and protect their children and associates from degrading and indecent practices.”

The bill would outlaw any nipple exposure by men or women, along with any clothing that “gives the appearance or simulates” the buttocks, genitals, pelvic area, or female nipple.

State Rep. Virginia Court (D-Billings) said the bill appears to be “a little prejudiced against women.”

The Republican lawmaker said he would also ban men from wearing Speedo-style swimming trunks in public.

Moore admits he cannot be sure how police would use their discretion to enforce the law, but he doesn’t have a problem with arresting people who wear tight-fitting clothing.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,” Moore said.

Read the punishment and sentencing at the link.

As usual, the radical right nutters want bigger government, more laws and more invasive laws.

Montana Taliban: Republican lawmaker wants to arrest and jail women for wearing yoga pants

A Montana lawmaker wants to expand his state’s indecent exposure laws to outlaw yoga pants and other tight-fitting or revealing clothing.

State Rep. David Moore (R-Missoula) introduced a bill Tuesday after stewing for months over a group of naked bicyclists who rode through his town in August.

City officials feared that denying a permit to Bare As You Dare riders might violate free speech rights, although the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that public nudity is not protected expression.

Moore’s bill, which was drafted with retired professor Walt Hill, is intended to preserve Montana’s reputation as a “decent state where people can live within the security of laws and protect their children and associates from degrading and indecent practices.”

The bill would outlaw any nipple exposure by men or women, along with any clothing that “gives the appearance or simulates” the buttocks, genitals, pelvic area, or female nipple.

State Rep. Virginia Court (D-Billings) said the bill appears to be “a little prejudiced against women.”

The Republican lawmaker said he would also ban men from wearing Speedo-style swimming trunks in public.

Moore admits he cannot be sure how police would use their discretion to enforce the law, but he doesn’t have a problem with arresting people who wear tight-fitting clothing.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,” Moore said.

Read the punishment and sentencing at the link.

As usual, the radical right nutters want bigger government, more laws and more invasive laws.

Naturally. Any depiction or revealing of what God created's BAD and must be suppressed.

Is he gonna grandfather this is to art and such as well? Do what some Pope did way back and cover or destroy art pieces exposed genitals? :)

Know for myself, I can't stand the sight of flaccid penises. ;)

I support the right of muslim women to NIQAB ----in all cities which also allow the rest of us ladies to-----BARE IT TO THE BREEZE--------fair is fair. ------the right should be encoded into international law-------part of the details of the Geneva accords

How long before the right demands that woman cover their heads ... ?

So by right you mean conservatives? All conservatives are not (R).

And is it not liberals (D) who are in bed with islam? If you answer no, you are a fraud, because I know they are in our government.

Last edited:

And is it not liberals (D) who are in bed with islam? If you answer no, you are a fraud, because I know they are in our government.

EatMorChikin

ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

"Conservatives" are not the same as RWs. Not only have I never said they are, I have often stated that I believe them to be completely different.

Montana is not and should not be allowed to become "Islam". Further, that's a different subject. Rather than try to hi-jack this thread, why don't you go start a thread on that subject.

EatMorChikin

ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

"Conservatives" are not the same as RWs. Not only have I never said they are, I have often stated that I believe them to be completely different.

Montana is not and should not be allowed to become "Islam". Further, that's a different subject. Rather than try to hi-jack this thread, why don't you go start a thread on that subject.

You are a serious moron! You are the one that went off on the "how long before the right demands women cover their heads" You hijacked your own damn thread.

More moving goalposts by the loons. It's okay for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back