Zone1 " I was a stranger, and ye took me in:" What does this mean to you ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
This was recently quoted in parliament by the Archbishop of Canterbury. In the context of immigration policy.
What does this mean to you as a Christian ? Is it something that you support or do you have a different belief ? Are the scriptures wrong ?

This was recently quoted in parliament by the Archbishop of Canterbury. In the context of immigration policy.
What does this mean to you as a Christian ? Is it something that you support or do you have a different belief ? Are the scriptures wrong ?
It means the government and it's citizens should empty their bank accounts to give to immigrants for Jesus.

Will you embrace the new theocracy and when can we send a few to come live with you?

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will ...
... drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers ...

It means that if a stranger knocks on my door, seeking shelter for the night, I am to take him in so he doesn't suffer.

Well apparently the person who said it, doesn't know what the meaning of that is.
The author(s) of this verse were not literally talking about taking in strangers and feeding them.
They were talking about believing in Christ, and teaching others about him.
Christ as saying "I was a stranger, and you took me in" - meaning he was unknown to you, you have never met Christ, yet you believed in him. And then two verses down, the scribes were then asking what about those who never knew you... his reply was "if they are a stranger (unbeliever) and you have not takin them in (taught them about Christ) it will be the same as if you don't believe yourself.

Well apparently the person who said it, doesn't know what the meaning of that is.
The author(s) of this verse were not literally talking about taking in strangers and feeding them.
They were talking about believing in Christ, and teaching others about him.
Christ as saying "I was a stranger, and you took me in" - meaning he was unknown to you, you have never met Christ, yet you believed in him. And then two verses down, the scribes were then asking what about those who never knew you... his reply was "if they are a stranger (unbeliever) and you have not takin them in (taught them about Christ) it will be the same as if you don't believe yourself.
The context is the food and drink mentioned earlier. Physical not spiritual. But that is what it says to me.

My post was deleted and I received no notice of it.
Thanks for letting me know. I definitely clicked the notify user button and signed the notification, White 6, so correct in assuming it was my action, I assume due to my Mod Note, locking and unlocking thread.

Feel free to hit me up in PM if you see this again. Whether members are getting the notifications all the time, has been discussed recently.
Any other response on this Mod Note, should be in PM.
Enjoy the thread.:cool:

The context is the food and drink mentioned earlier. Physical not spiritual. But that is what it says to me.
Then you are wrong.
It is clearly spiritual. That is what they are talking about in all the verses surrounding this quote.
Jesus constantly, and consistently spoke in parabolic form. You think in the verse before this when he spoke about 10 virgins, he LITERALLY meant 10 virgins??
This was a time when the masses were almost 100% illiterate and wholly uneducated. Not only Jesus, but all speakers commonly used parabolic teaching so people could understand a concept.

Then you are wrong.
It is clearly spiritual. That is what they are talking about in all the verses surrounding this quote.
Jesus constantly, and consistently spoke in parabolic form. You think in the verse before this when he spoke about 10 virgins, he LITERALLY meant 10 virgins??
This was a time when the masses were almost 100% illiterate and wholly uneducated. Not only Jesus, but all speakers commonly used parabolic teaching so people could understand a concept.
That doesnt invalidate my point. It is what it is. Or it could mean anything or nothing.

That doesnt invalidate my point. It is what it is. Or it could mean anything or nothing.
Of course it invalidates your veiled attempt to trap people.
"It is what it is" - and what it is is a parable story to convey a message about having faith.
Nothing whatsoever to do with Europe's disastrous immigration policy that lead to whole areas of member states to be taken over by them.
This clown is trying to trap people into a thought that isn't the context he wants it to be.

Forum List

Back