Zone1 " I was a stranger, and ye took me in:" What does this mean to you ?

It has nothing whatsoever with ushering in hoards from one culture seeking to impose their own values on those who took them in as unwisely as they did. My opinion does not matter.

You framed this as an immigration issue, after all.
Where does it say that ?

Another Biblical Point: “I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber."

Anyone who legally enters a country qualifies as a stranger, new to the area. Illegal entry means that person is a robber and a thief--and, 'alien' not 'stranger', better describes that person.

When a new student enrolls in school, he is welcomed into the classroom. However, no one can just walk in and join a class without enrolling.

If someone new is invited to a social event, people do welcome that stranger, but people off the street rushing a wedding reception to get to the cake and other food are thieves and robbers. Calling them a "stranger" and then scolding the bride and groom for not welcoming them is not what Jesus meant. Recall Jesus said people should also be attired properly. In the case of immigrants, this means proper admission and a means of support.
Legal and illegal are decular concepts. Matthew makes no such distinction.

This was recently quoted in parliament by the Archbishop of Canterbury. In the context of immigration policy.
What does this mean to you as a Christian ? Is it something that you support or do you have a different belief ? Are the scriptures wrong ?
Are you a Christian?

I always had the impression that you dont believe in God

So its surprising to hear you shilling for a theocracy

Last edited:
You have an unusual angle on what he was ralking about.
No - you have completely misunderstood what the authors of Matthew was writing about what Jesus said.
To anyone with an IQ above 90, reading comprehension of at least grade 7 and a passing understanding of how the Bible was written can clearly see he was talking about having faith in him - not literally talking about taking in stranger.

You are only making yourself look stupid.

Here is something that liberals think Jesus said:

“If you meet a hungry man on the road to Damascus, form a political action committee and petition Caesar to give him bread”

Last edited:
No - you have completely misunderstood what the authors of Matthew was writing about what Jesus said.
To anyone with an IQ above 90, reading comprehension of at least grade 7 and a passing understanding of how the Bible was written can clearly see he was talking about having faith in him - not literally talking about taking in stranger.

You are only making yourself look stupid.
You bend your faith to suit your politics.

Tommy Boy stands on a street corner with a sign that says I will work for food. :auiqs.jpg:

Legal and illegal are decular concepts. Matthew makes no such distinction.
In Matthew's day church and state, secular and non-secular, were one entity.

It's use of language. Modern English has over 160,000 more words than the Biblical Hebrew. Want to pull the wool over the eyes of the populace about how many are entering illegally? Illegal immigration has the population calling for something to be done. Hey, PR, team look up some synonyms! We need to call illegal immigrants by a new name!

Okay, how about refugees, even though a good percentage are drug dealers and sex traffickers? Perfect! And we will remind all the Christians to welcome strangers! The majority will fall for it, because as we know, the populace is so easily played.

I would consider myself to be a Christian. Nor the American variety though.
You mean the ones that won't fall for your propaganda?

Listen. Americans, Christians or not, are fully in favor of legal immigration where the immigrants come ready and able to support themselves and their new country. We are also quite willing to help refugees and the poor, both here and abroad. We are not in favor of criminals, drug dealers, sex traffic, and terrorists.

Forum List

Back