Zone1 " I was a stranger, and ye took me in:" What does this mean to you ?

Where does it say that ?

As just one example, from Exodus 22:

“If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed; but if it happens after sunrise, the defender is guilty of bloodshed.

“Anyone who steals must certainly make restitution, but if they have nothing, they must be sold to pay for their theft. If the stolen animal is found alive in their possession—whether ox or donkey or sheep—they must pay back double.

This was recently quoted in parliament by the Archbishop of Canterbury. In the context of immigration policy.
What does this mean to you as a Christian ? Is it something that you support or do you have a different belief ? Are the scriptures wrong ?
Are you a believer?

This was recently quoted in parliament by the Archbishop of Canterbury. In the context of immigration policy.
What does this mean to you as a Christian ? Is it something that you support or do you have a different belief ? Are the scriptures wrong ?
Iamwhatiseems understands it. You, not so much. Nor your archbishop. The reference is exclusively to the Christ, the Son of Man. Nothing about immigration.

In Matthew's day church and state, secular and non-secular, were one entity.

It's use of language. Modern English has over 160,000 more words than the Biblical Hebrew. Want to pull the wool over the eyes of the populace about how many are entering illegally? Illegal immigration has the population calling for something to be done. Hey, PR, team look up some synonyms! We need to call illegal immigrants by a new name!

Okay, how about refugees, even though a good percentage are drug dealers and sex traffickers? Perfect! And we will remind all the Christians to welcome strangers! The majority will fall for it, because as we know, the populace is so easily played.
waffle.

Hahaaa... yeah... that's it!

You really need a dose of self realization.
You invent a religion to suit your politicaal opinions. Its ok if it makes you happy. But it crosses the line when it comes to homophobia.
You stress a literal reading of the Bible in some instances but not in others. Merely to suit your politics.

You invent a religion to suit your politicaal opinions. Its ok if it makes you happy. But it crosses the line when it comes to homophobia.
You stress a literal reading of the Bible in some instances but not in others. Merely to suit your politics.
I invented a religion??
Wow - I had no idea I had that much swing!!
And homophobia?? Now you are switching subjects midstream again??

HAHAHA

The story is clearly about Christian action. Individual Christians would be characterized by such acts. If the point is to extrapolate to a national level, the nation would have to be Christian. The aim would be to augment the Christian community.

There is a quote, “Out of Egypt I called my son” (Hosea 11.1), in Matthew 2.15, but the “son” concerned is historical Israel, not Moses and not the Messiah, and it sits uncomfortably with the story. The author of Matthew did not need to build a myth out of such a text.

The story is clearly about Christian action. Individual Christians would be characterized by such acts. If the point is to extrapolate to a national level, the nation would have to be Christian. The aim would be to augment the Christian community.
I think the message is pretty straightforward.
In modern terms its about tackling inequality. Helping people to live their best life wherever they are.
Fairness.
If people had decent lives they would not feel the need to take dangerous trips.

Oh look!!!!! Tommy is trying to look clever.

I think the message is pretty straightforward.
In modern terms its about tackling inequality. Helping people to live their best life wherever they are.
Fairness.
If people had decent lives they would not feel the need to take dangerous trips.
How many are you allowing to live with you?

Forum List

Back