I stand with Drew Brees

Anyone who think Kap was disrespecting the flag had it precisely backwards.

He was DEPENDING on it.

This is what happens when you don't bother to understand the experiences and perspectives of others.

But he didn't get the discussion he wanted, or the response he wanted. His intent only matters to him, the result was a large part of the country saw it as disrespect, and anything he said to the contrary fell on deaf ears once he doubled down on it.

You only get to decide how you present your message, you don't get to decide how people recieve it.
I'm sure he knew there would be some who would make no effort to understand. That's predictable.

He's more interested, I suspect, in reaching those whose minds are not snapped shut.

One little, silent, peaceful act at a time.

That's kind of hubris to assume that people who reject his view made no effort to understand it.

Again, as the messenger, it's his job to get the message not only out, but understood the way he wants it understood.
I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying that he already knows that not everyone is going to agree.

That's okay, not everyone has to.

if he really cared about the message he would have tried something else. He didn't.
Then perhaps you don't understand him.

What he did may work out just fine.

It sure didn't work out for his career.
Maybe some things are more important to him. For some, this is a pretty important issue that doesn't deserve to be diminished.
It's interesting that Humpernik suddenly discovered how oppressed he was after he was benched for sucking. You see a gallant crusader for justice. I see a pissy privileged opportunist looking for a new gig.
I know.

Brees has been taking a lot of flack since yesterday for disagreeing with those who took a knee for the national anthem and our flag. And make no mistake, it IS our flag.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country,” Brees said.

I won't either. Cuz that flag is symbol of us, this country, and what it stands for. Sure, there is racism and injustice, but that isn't what this country stands for or represents. It's an imperfect place with imperfect people, and we truly have a lot of problems to fix. When someone like Colin Kaepernick won't honor the country and people he lives in and with, then he is wrong. It's no different to my mind than when Hillary Clinton calls some of us deplorables. News flash to her, Kaepernick, and all those who castigated Brees: you disrespect an awful lot of good people because you're mad at the bad people. And that does not help your cause any.

“I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice,” Brees said. “I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

I stand with Drew Brees. Today and everyday. Oh, and one more thing: all lives matter.
Too late. Brees changed his stance you moron. :laughing0301:

Of course he did, publicly, he probably still believes what he said, and now he gets to be mad about the mob coming after him.

SJW types like you love apology theater, even if it just makes people hate your guts even more.

Are you feeling harassed now, pussy?
I'm enjoying the response of you clowns. All that matters is he backed down publicly. That was a smart move. The right move. It sends a message. Dont be a dickhead and honor some rag more than another human.

His statement was not offensive. That soft wibble soy boys like you find it to be shows you have no balls.
His statement was retarded and therefore offensive. Youre whining about another mans apology. Grow a pair and toughen up. Stop crying bitch. :)
Explain how his statement was “offensive” what exactly was offensive with his verbiage? Honest question. Is being loyal to the US military offensive?

He was DEPENDING on it.

This is what happens when you don't bother to understand the experiences and perspectives of others.

But he didn't get the discussion he wanted, or the response he wanted. His intent only matters to him, the result was a large part of the country saw it as disrespect, and anything he said to the contrary fell on deaf ears once he doubled down on it.

You only get to decide how you present your message, you don't get to decide how people recieve it.
I'm sure he knew there would be some who would make no effort to understand. That's predictable.

He's more interested, I suspect, in reaching those whose minds are not snapped shut.

That's kind of hubris to assume that people who reject his view made no effort to understand it.

Again, as the messenger, it's his job to get the message not only out, but understood the way he wants it understood.
I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying that he already knows that not everyone is going to agree.

if he really cared about the message he would have tried something else. He didn't.

Maybe some things are more important to him. For some, this is a pretty important issue that doesn't deserve to be diminished.

Then he's an idiot. Sorry, but what he did was lump together all cops, and anyone who respects the flag and what it stands for and said "fuck you"

What did Drew Brees say that was disrespectful? Be specific. It sounded like a heartfelt statement of what he believes and what the American flag means to him. Someone explain EXACTLY what he said that was insensitive or disrespectful. I will bet not one of you can.
He did not say the USA and white people suck

He was DEPENDING on it.

Then he's an idiot. Sorry, but what he did was lump together all cops, and anyone who respects the flag and what it stands for and said "fuck you"
He doesn't need you to agree. And you can insult him all you want, I'd bet he appreciates it.

The flag is the one thing that unites us all. We all have issues to deal with, some worse than others. But we all agree to be Americans. No one ever said America was perfect, but the flag is the one thing that represents unity for us all no matter how different we are. When Kap kneels it's divisive and hurtful. It says, "I don't want to be unified with you".
When you have 25% of your country wanting it to fail miserably, that is a troubling hurdle.
They have the Media and the Twitter Mob with them. That makes it impossible.

The flag is the one thing that unites us all. We all have issues to deal with, some worse than others. But we all agree to be Americans. No one ever said America was perfect, but the flag is the one thing that represents unity for us all no matter how different we are. When Kap kneels it's divisive and hurtful. It says, "I don't want to be unified with you".
When you have 25% of your country wanting it to fail miserably, that is a troubling hurdle.
So if we euthanize 100% of alt right conservatives we will be fine.

Brees has been taking a lot of flack since yesterday for disagreeing with those who took a knee for the national anthem and our flag. And make no mistake, it IS our flag.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country,” Brees said.

I won't either. Cuz that flag is symbol of us, this country, and what it stands for. Sure, there is racism and injustice, but that isn't what this country stands for or represents. It's an imperfect place with imperfect people, and we truly have a lot of problems to fix. When someone like Colin Kaepernick won't honor the country and people he lives in and with, then he is wrong. It's no different to my mind than when Hillary Clinton calls some of us deplorables. News flash to her, Kaepernick, and all those who castigated Brees: you disrespect an awful lot of good people because you're mad at the bad people. And that does not help your cause any.

“I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice,” Brees said. “I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

I stand with Drew Brees. Today and everyday. Oh, and one more thing: all lives matter.

Of course he did, publicly, he probably still believes what he said, and now he gets to be mad about the mob coming after him.

SJW types like you love apology theater, even if it just makes people hate your guts even more.

I'm enjoying the response of you clowns. All that matters is he backed down publicly. That was a smart move. The right move. It sends a message. Dont be a dickhead and honor some rag more than another human.

His statement was not offensive. That soft wibble soy boys like you find it to be shows you have no balls.
His statement was retarded and therefore offensive. Youre whining about another mans apology. Grow a pair and toughen up. Stop crying bitch. :)
Explain how his statement was “offensive” what exactly was offensive with his verbiage? Honest question. Is being loyal to the US military offensive?
If I need to explain to you how his statement was offensive, then you are incapable of understanding that explanation.

What does the military have to do with Kap taking a knee other than the fact that he consulted with a veteran before making the decision to do that?

So if we euthanize 100% of alt right conservatives we will be fine.
I wonder where this level of hatred comes from.

His statement was his belief, same as mine. Kapernick is guilty of thinking his view on what he was doing overrides people's view on what he did. The pig socks didn't help things.
Obviously its not his belief anymore. If it was he wouldnt be apologizing for it like Kap.

I doubt it, he is doing the apology walk, a show, nothing more.

Kap is an idiot and a smug asshole, that's why he won't admit he went at it the wrong way.
So youre calling Brees a spineless pussy?
He donated 1 mil in Hurricane Katrina.

He stuck with that city when he could have gone elsewhere.

His time and money for other charities

5 million to Covid relief

Respecting the flag while having his constitutional rights destroyed.

What a bunch of cold cruel bastards you are.

I'm so glad I lived the most of my life when this was a real country. Pity the rest of ya that didn't.

His statement was his belief, same as mine. Kapernick is guilty of thinking his view on what he was doing overrides people's view on what he did. The pig socks didn't help things.
Obviously its not his belief anymore. If it was he wouldnt be apologizing for it like Kap.

Kap is an idiot and a smug asshole, that's why he won't admit he went at it the wrong way.

I'm so glad I lived the most of my life when this was a real country. Pity the rest of ya that didn't.

Anyone that thinks Brees is flaming racist has not seen him speak on other subjects and they lack the knowledge of what he does/did for the community he plays for. However, in this case he showed how out of touch he is with what really matters. He was educated and changed his views. It takes a person of great moral character to admit he was wrong.

Yall need to stop being some bitches and whining about what he said. Let him be a lesson to all of you that are not willfully incorrigible cave chimps.

He was DEPENDING on it.

He doesn't need you to agree. And you can insult him all you want, I'd bet he appreciates it.

I know he doesn't care, that's what people who think they are right no matter what do, and more importantly, he has plenty of people telling him he is right, all the time.

A guy like that couldn't handle being on a board like this, his ego couldn't take it.

Anyone that thinks Brees is flaming racist has not seen him speak on other subjects and they lack the knowledge of what he does/did for the community he plays for. However, in this case he showed how out of touch he is with what really matters. He was educated and changed his views. It takes a person of great moral character to admit he was wrong.

Yall need to stop being some bitches and whining about what he said. Let him be a lesson to all of you that are not willfully incorrigible cave chimps.

No, he just told you what you wanted to hear.

and you simps fell for it.

If I need to explain to you how his statement was offensive, then you are incapable of understanding that explanation.

What does the military have to do with Kap taking a knee other than the fact that he consulted with a veteran before making the decision to do that?

One veteran.

oooohhhh

My grandfather has a purple heart and a bronze star and thinks Kapernick is a fucking moron.

He mentioned Kap in his statement?

Only a pussy would just tell me what he wanted to hear. I bet you wouldnt call Brees a pussy to his face.

Who told you he mentioned Kap by name?

Only a pussy would just tell me what he wanted to hear. I bet you wouldnt call Brees a pussy to his face.

Pragmatist. Evidently what he said is so terrible people will be forced to ruin him over it.

Who told you he mentioned Kap by name?
I asked You what was offensive with Brees statement and your brought up Kap. So back to my original question. Why can you not answer it? Before they sing the anthem they bring out military personnel to hold the flag or stand together. Brees perceived that as we are standing for our military during the anthem. Why is what he said “offensive”?

Oh so the memory of Brees' Father and Grandfather fighting to defend the country represented by the flag doesn't matter. What really matters is a failed quarterback who used the flag to push his own agenda. Brees was 100% correct in his statement and there was nothing in it that was offensive or insensitive. He backed down because he wants one more run at the Super Bowl. Otherwise he would have and should have retired.

Forum List

Back