I stand with Drew Brees

Brees has been taking a lot of flack since yesterday for disagreeing with those who took a knee for the national anthem and our flag. And make no mistake, it IS our flag.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country,” Brees said.

I won't either. Cuz that flag is symbol of us, this country, and what it stands for. Sure, there is racism and injustice, but that isn't what this country stands for or represents. It's an imperfect place with imperfect people, and we truly have a lot of problems to fix. When someone like Colin Kaepernick won't honor the country and people he lives in and with, then he is wrong. It's no different to my mind than when Hillary Clinton calls some of us deplorables. News flash to her, Kaepernick, and all those who castigated Brees: you disrespect an awful lot of good people because you're mad at the bad people. And that does not help your cause any.

“I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice,” Brees said. “I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

I stand with Drew Brees. Today and everyday. Oh, and one more thing: all lives matter.
Too late. Brees changed his stance you moron. :laughing0301:

Of course he did, publicly, he probably still believes what he said, and now he gets to be mad about the mob coming after him.

SJW types like you love apology theater, even if it just makes people hate your guts even more.

Are you feeling harassed now, pussy?
I'm enjoying the response of you clowns. All that matters is he backed down publicly. That was a smart move. The right move. It sends a message. Dont be a dickhead and honor some rag more than another human.

His statement was not offensive. That soft wibble soy boys like you find it to be shows you have no balls.
His statement was retarded and therefore offensive. Youre whining about another mans apology. Grow a pair and toughen up. Stop crying bitch. :)
Explain how his statement was “offensive” what exactly was offensive with his verbiage? Honest question. Is being loyal to the US military offensive?
If I need to explain to you how his statement was offensive, then you are incapable of understanding that explanation.

What does the military have to do with Kap taking a knee other than the fact that he consulted with a veteran before making the decision to do that?

He mentioned Kap in his statement?
Who told you he mentioned Kap by name?
I asked You what was offensive with Brees statement and your brought up Kap. So back to my original question. Why can you not answer it? Before they sing the anthem they bring out military personnel to hold the flag or stand together. Brees perceived that as we are standing for our military during the anthem. Why is what he said “offensive”?
I told you that if I need to explain to you how his statement was offensive, then you are incapable of understanding that explanation.

Then you asked "Is being loyal to the US military offensive?"

So I asked what does the military have to do with Kap taking a knee other than the fact that he consulted with a veteran before making the decision to do that?"

Brees has been taking a lot of flack since yesterday for disagreeing with those who took a knee for the national anthem and our flag. And make no mistake, it IS our flag.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country,” Brees said.

I won't either. Cuz that flag is symbol of us, this country, and what it stands for. Sure, there is racism and injustice, but that isn't what this country stands for or represents. It's an imperfect place with imperfect people, and we truly have a lot of problems to fix. When someone like Colin Kaepernick won't honor the country and people he lives in and with, then he is wrong. It's no different to my mind than when Hillary Clinton calls some of us deplorables. News flash to her, Kaepernick, and all those who castigated Brees: you disrespect an awful lot of good people because you're mad at the bad people. And that does not help your cause any.

“I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice,” Brees said. “I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

I stand with Drew Brees. Today and everyday. Oh, and one more thing: all lives matter.
To bad Drew did not stand by his original statement
Exactly

then at least he would have had half the country on his side

now he’s all alone

Maybe Kap will invite him over for dinner...
Make that a beer

or all the coke they can consume before passing out

Of course he did, publicly, he probably still believes what he said, and now he gets to be mad about the mob coming after him.

SJW types like you love apology theater, even if it just makes people hate your guts even more.

I'm enjoying the response of you clowns. All that matters is he backed down publicly. That was a smart move. The right move. It sends a message. Dont be a dickhead and honor some rag more than another human.

His statement was not offensive. That soft wibble soy boys like you find it to be shows you have no balls.
His statement was retarded and therefore offensive. Youre whining about another mans apology. Grow a pair and toughen up. Stop crying bitch. :)
Explain how his statement was “offensive” what exactly was offensive with his verbiage? Honest question. Is being loyal to the US military offensive?
If I need to explain to you how his statement was offensive, then you are incapable of understanding that explanation.

What does the military have to do with Kap taking a knee other than the fact that he consulted with a veteran before making the decision to do that?

I asked You what was offensive with Brees statement and your brought up Kap. So back to my original question. Why can you not answer it? Before they sing the anthem they bring out military personnel to hold the flag or stand together. Brees perceived that as we are standing for our military during the anthem. Why is what he said “offensive”?
I told you that if I need to explain to you how his statement was offensive, then you are incapable of understanding that explanation.

So I asked what does the military have to do with Kap taking a knee other than the fact that he consulted with a veteran before making the decision to do that?"
Because they say “please stand to show respect for those who have served” before they sing the anthem? Duh...so you cannot explain it. Fair enough.

You keep avoiding questions

His statement was his belief, same as mine. Kapernick is guilty of thinking his view on what he was doing overrides people's view on what he did. The pig socks didn't help things.
Obviously its not his belief anymore. If it was he wouldnt be apologizing for it like Kap.

I doubt it, he is doing the apology walk, a show, nothing more.

Kap is an idiot and a smug asshole, that's why he won't admit he went at it the wrong way.
So youre calling Brees a spineless pussy?
He donated 1 mil in Hurricane Katrina.

He stuck with that city when he could have gone elsewhere.

His time and money for other charities

5 million to Covid relief

Respecting the flag while having his constitutional rights destroyed.

What a bunch of cold cruel bastards you are.

I'm so glad I lived the most of my life when this was a real country. Pity the rest of ya that didn't.

Anyone that thinks Brees is flaming racist has not seen him speak on other subjects and they lack the knowledge of what he does/did for the community he plays for. However, in this case he showed how out of touch he is with what really matters. He was educated and changed his views. It takes a person of great moral character to admit he was wrong.

Yall need to stop being some bitches and whining about what he said. Let him be a lesson to all of you that are not willfully incorrigible cave chimps.
Oh so the memory of Brees' Father and Grandfather fighting to defend the country represented by the flag doesn't matter. What really matters is a failed quarterback who used the flag to push his own agenda. Brees was 100% correct in his statement and there was nothing in it that was offensive or insensitive. He backed down because he wants one more run at the Super Bowl. Otherwise he would have and should have retired.
Correct. None of that shit matters. What matters is the systemic racism in this country that has killed, injured, discriminated against, or disrespected millions of Blacks throughout the centuries here in the US.

Brew Breeze is a coward who gave into racists and bigots throwing his own grandfathers down the toilet.

His statement was his belief, same as mine. Kapernick is guilty of thinking his view on what he was doing overrides people's view on what he did. The pig socks didn't help things.
Obviously its not his belief anymore. If it was he wouldnt be apologizing for it like Kap.

Kap is an idiot and a smug asshole, that's why he won't admit he went at it the wrong way.

I'm so glad I lived the most of my life when this was a real country. Pity the rest of ya that didn't.

Anyone that thinks Brees is flaming racist has not seen him speak on other subjects and they lack the knowledge of what he does/did for the community he plays for. However, in this case he showed how out of touch he is with what really matters. He was educated and changed his views. It takes a person of great moral character to admit he was wrong.

Yall need to stop being some bitches and whining about what he said. Let him be a lesson to all of you that are not willfully incorrigible cave chimps.
Oh so the memory of Brees' Father and Grandfather fighting to defend the country represented by the flag doesn't matter. What really matters is a failed quarterback who used the flag to push his own agenda. Brees was 100% correct in his statement and there was nothing in it that was offensive or insensitive. He backed down because he wants one more run at the Super Bowl. Otherwise he would have and should have retired.
Correct. None of that shit matters. What matters is the systemic racism in this country that has killed, injured, discriminated against, or disrespected millions of Blacks throughout the centuries here in the US.

Racists like you don't get to preach to the rest of us about hate and racism when you support organizations that call whites sub human.

Because they say “please stand to show respect for those who have served” before they sing the anthem? Duh...so you cannot explain it. Fair enough.
Who is they?

Who is they?
They = the announcers at the games. Have you never been to a live sporting event? You’re just dodging the question and trying to play coy. Either answer me or admit you don’t know.

I dont answer ignorant or pointless questions so if I avoided it then that would be why.

Who is they?
They = the announcers at the games. Have you never been to a live sporting event? You’re just dodging the question and trying to play coy. Either answer me or admit you don’t know.
Who the fuck are the announcers at the game? How are they going to tell me that standing is showing respect for those that served when I served and disagree with them?

Racists like you don't get to preach to the rest of us about hate and racism when you support organizations that call whites sub human.
I would disagree. I can sit here and preach to you all day and there isnt shit you can do about it other than not read my posts. :)

Who is they?
Who the fuck are the announcers at the game? How are they going to tell me that standing is showing respect for those that served when I served and disagree with them?
LOL...chill snowflake. They have been doing this for years. No one complained until Kap. Again, what was so offensive about Brees having a disparate opinion from you? Should he not be honest? He disagrees with you. So now what?

This dude could care less about his fellow black or whoever. Nothing will satisfy them.

Just wow. Brees is scared to take a cheap shot to the knee, and I suppose that should factor into the business decision he's making, but what a fucking clit he's turned out to be. That Parkland cop that hid behind his car while the kids were getting mowed down has got to be breathing a little easier. He's not the biggest coward in the country anymore.

I would disagree. I can sit here and preach to you all day and there isnt shit you can do about it other than not read my posts. :)

It won't change the fact that you're a racist and support racist organizations that call whites sub human.

Lol at "apology theater".

You do realize that's it's a famous conservitard tactic to say something outrageous or controversial and the "walk it back".

Like esper did just yesterday.
So why is loving the flag outrageous! You wanna explain that?
It's a symbol. A piece of fabric.

why don't you try loving what it stands for.

I dont answer ignorant or pointless questions so if I avoided it then that would be why.
Nonsense

you just cant think of a reply that doesnt make you look bad

Who is they?
LOL...chill snowflake. They have been doing this for years. No one complained until Kap. Again, what was so offensive about Brees having a disparate opinion from you? Should he not be honest? He disagrees with you. So now what?
I dont care what they have been doing for years. Kap didnt say shit. He just took a knee. If you dont like that then go tell the vet that told him to do it that you dont like it. If he fucks you up dont be surprised. :)

Again if I got to tell you then you wont understand. Of course he should be honest. He honestly apologized about being wrong and I agree with him.

Nonsense

you just cant think of a reply that doesnt make you look bad
Sure I can. Whats going to stop me from doing so?

Forum List

Back