I Hate Eating Out

If there's a baby there me and the wife can make it start crying just by walking in the room. It's absurd how many times babies have disrupted our meals.
We raised two kids and never EVER disrupted a restaurant with our kids. People are paying good money for dinner and deserve to enjoy it in peace. We rarely brought them, usually got a sitter. On the rare times we took them, they were behaved.

Every time you eat out you are exposing yourself to God knows how many germs. The absolute worst place to eat out is from a salad bar, with every disgusting person breezing, sneezing, and coughing their gross germs, viruses, and who knows what else on food you may eat and ingest.

I look at eating out as more of an intimate thing you do out of affection for someone you love. For example, there is an authentic Italian family-owned restaurant, called ā€œNapolisā€, that I frequent (a couple times each month). They know me and treat me very well. I trust them. If they ever fuck something up they will make it right AND comp the meal. They are totally awesome and the food is amazing. I certainly do not mind eating out there.

However, if it is something new, and I have not already hit it a couple times, I am very leery about eating out. Back in the day I would eat out all the time. But times are such today hat it is way too dangerous to be doing this. Plus, I am older now. I only rarely eat out any more. I donā€™t have to, so I donā€™t.

Another horrid issue related to eating out is where you eat out at a sub-standard venue. See, every eat-out joint has a dumpster around back. Every eat-out joint worth itā€™s salt as such will clean out their dumpster well before someone arrives to eat out there. I have gone to eat out at times I am getting ready to dine only to be met with a horrible, nauseating smell from the can out back. These are low-end eat out spots that should be avoided.

Thereā€™s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesnā€™t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didnā€™t was his hands before making your order. This is why I donā€™t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, and only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.

My first wife always used to say "Everyone eats a bushel of dirt before they die."

If you ever ate her cooking, you'd know what she meant.

We raised two kids and never EVER disrupted a restaurant with our kids. People are paying good money for dinner and deserve to enjoy it in peace. We rarely brought them, usually got a sitter. On the rare times we took them, they were behaved.
I live in a tourist town, there's always kids at the restaurant. Sunburned, overstimulated, overtired and bored. It's only a matter of time before one of them loses it.

No salad bars.... or all you can eat... or places where you go and people help themselves ....with millions of people coughing on top of everything and touching everything with their dirty hands :47:

Salad bars and things...... yes, but only in reputable and upscale places (few people and cleaner) but I don't eat out anyway....I like to cook! :)

Otherwise I love going to a restaurant sometimes.....eating out.....a glass of wine....yum!;)

Every time you eat out you are exposing yourself to God knows how many germs. The absolute worst place to eat out is from a salad bar, with every disgusting person breezing, sneezing, and coughing their gross germs, viruses, and who knows what else on food you may eat and ingest.

I look at eating out as more of an intimate thing you do out of affection for someone you love. For example, there is an authentic Italian family-owned restaurant, called ā€œNapolisā€, that I frequent (a couple times each month). They know me and treat me very well. I trust them. If they ever fuck something up they will make it right AND comp the meal. They are totally awesome and the food is amazing. I certainly do not mind eating out there.

However, if it is something new, and I have not already hit it a couple times, I am very leery about eating out. Back in the day I would eat out all the time. But times are such today hat it is way too dangerous to be doing this. Plus, I am older now. I only rarely eat out any more. I donā€™t have to, so I donā€™t.

Another horrid issue related to eating out is where you eat out at a sub-standard venue. See, every eat-out joint has a dumpster around back. Every eat-out joint worth itā€™s salt as such will clean out their dumpster well before someone arrives to eat out there. I have gone to eat out at times I am getting ready to dine only to be met with a horrible, nauseating smell from the can out back. These are low-end eat out spots that should be avoided.

Thereā€™s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesnā€™t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didnā€™t was his hands before making your order. This is why I donā€™t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, and only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.
I thought it was a different topic.

I had a giant Philly sandwhich for lunch and a BEER.

Food was good .. not sure why the women waiters had to EXPOSE their bodies so much at sports bar with everything hanging out.
Did you ask for the gay menu?

My kids hated going out to eat, so I stopped taking them along. They loved it when I cooked though.

I'm gonna say: just do every server and line cook and restaurant manager a giant favor and DO NOT eat out. At all. Ever. You're the kind of customer who should not do so--the kind who wants everything exactly, precisely as THEY want it.

That's not what restaurants are for. That's what home meals are for. You seem to prefer that, so....do that.

PSA: our local restaurants are banning more and more folks for being persnickity rather than comping meal after meal. I'm glad to see this and think it's overdue, tbh.

I donā€™t have any kids
Very informatiive
Yoda to earth:
1693196543473.png

Same. We once walked out with our son, 2.5, who was tantruming because he wanted to go back and play the games in the place. We said no, later, he wasn't having it. We threatened that if he wouldn't stop we would leave. And we did. He never behaved like that in a restaurant again.

But that was in the Before Times.

Now, children have a "right" to be anywhere no matter how they behave; the rest of us can just deal with it. And I say this as a person who loves working with children and has done so for 30 years.

Exposing yourself to germs is how you build up your immunity. You don't think there are as many germs in common public areas like .. the grocery store? gas stations? credit card machines? non-automatic doors?
Exposing your self to some germs does build immunity but exposure to other germs can kill you. What most of the medical scientists say on the subject is don't over clean, sterilizing everything in your house. However, eating dirt to exposure yourself or encourages your kids to play in the garbage bin is not recommended either.

We do know that exposure to many viruses do not provide long lasting immunity because they mutate rapidly. Vaccines seem to be better way of gaining immunity.

Bacteria is a mixed bag.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back