I Hate Eating Out

Same. We once walked out with our son, 2.5, who was tantruming because he wanted to go back and play the games in the place. We said no, later, he wasn't having it. We threatened that if he wouldn't stop we would leave. And we did. He never behaved like that in a restaurant again.

But that was in the Before Times.

Now, children have a "right" to be anywhere no matter how they behave; the rest of us can just deal with it. And I say this as a person who loves working with children and has done so for 30 years.

I like those Sweetwater restaurants. Are they nationwide, or only in the area I live in when lā€™m in the United States?

Every time you eat out you are exposing yourself to God knows how many germs. The absolute worst place to eat out is from a salad bar, with every disgusting person breezing, sneezing, and coughing their gross germs, viruses, and who knows what else on food you may eat and ingest.

I look at eating out as more of an intimate thing you do out of affection for someone you love. For example, there is an authentic Italian family-owned restaurant, called ā€œNapolisā€, that I frequent (a couple times each month). They know me and treat me very well. I trust them. If they ever fuck something up they will make it right AND comp the meal. They are totally awesome and the food is amazing. I certainly do not mind eating out there.

However, if it is something new, and I have not already hit it a couple times, I am very leery about eating out. Back in the day I would eat out all the time. But times are such today hat it is way too dangerous to be doing this. Plus, I am older now. I only rarely eat out any more. I donā€™t have to, so I donā€™t.

Another horrid issue related to eating out is where you eat out at a sub-standard venue. See, every eat-out joint has a dumpster around back. Every eat-out joint worth itā€™s salt as such will clean out their dumpster well before someone arrives to eat out there. I have gone to eat out at times I am getting ready to dine only to be met with a horrible, nauseating smell from the can out back. These are low-end eat out spots that should be avoided.

Thereā€™s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesnā€™t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didnā€™t was his hands before making your order. This is why I donā€™t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, andp only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.
I eat out often and never have to worry about overcrowded rooms screaming babies and long waits. Eating early dinners or late lunches you can avoid most of the unpleasantness of dinning Also many restaurants offer early bird dinners and happy hours.

So by eating early dinners you save money while avoiding the crowds.

Exposing your self to some germs does build immunity but exposure to other germs can kill you. What most of the medical scientists say on the subject is don't over clean, sterilizing everything in your house. However, eating dirt to exposure yourself or encourages your kids to play in the garbage bin is not recommended either.

We do know that exposure to many viruses do not provide long lasting immunity because they mutate rapidly. Vaccines seem to be better way of gaining immunity.

Bacteria is a mixed bag.
Try not to accept the lies this time around.
B0EA4132-AA61-4C66-B9A0-04339B3487BD.png

Every time you eat out you are exposing yourself to God knows how many germs. The absolute worst place to eat out is from a salad bar, with every disgusting person breezing, sneezing, and coughing their gross germs, viruses, and who knows what else on food you may eat and ingest.

I look at eating out as more of an intimate thing you do out of affection for someone you love. For example, there is an authentic Italian family-owned restaurant, called ā€œNapolisā€, that I frequent (a couple times each month). They know me and treat me very well. I trust them. If they ever fuck something up they will make it right AND comp the meal. They are totally awesome and the food is amazing. I certainly do not mind eating out there.

However, if it is something new, and I have not already hit it a couple times, I am very leery about eating out. Back in the day I would eat out all the time. But times are such today hat it is way too dangerous to be doing this. Plus, I am older now. I only rarely eat out any more. I donā€™t have to, so I donā€™t.

Another horrid issue related to eating out is where you eat out at a sub-standard venue. See, every eat-out joint has a dumpster around back. Every eat-out joint worth itā€™s salt as such will clean out their dumpster well before someone arrives to eat out there. I have gone to eat out at times I am getting ready to dine only to be met with a horrible, nauseating smell from the can out back. These are low-end eat out spots that should be avoided.

Thereā€™s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesnā€™t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didnā€™t was his hands before making your order. This is why I donā€™t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, and only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.
Are you sure of what you are eating out.

I enjoy eating out, and never have any concerns about contracting botulism.

I am bothered by the dramatic increase in cost over the past couple years, nearing 50% by my calculations. But I suppose the people who work there were entitled to a better deal.

Thereā€™s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesnā€™t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didnā€™t was his hands before making your order. This is why I donā€™t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, and only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.

You don't want to know what goes on in kitchens.

I was the building engineer for a prominent hotel chain and we had a full service restaurant and bar. One night the drain in the server alley and kitchen right behind the front line where they do all the cooking backed up and at the front of the line was the lobby bathrooms that passed through on its way out the back of the building. Cooks and wait staff are walking through it.

I called out a plumber with a floor drain snake and told the assistant general manager to close the kitchen till the drain was unblocked and everything sanitized, she called the general manager and he wouldn't close it. So they kept right on cooking and serving while walking in shit and piss bathroom water for a couple hours till it was resolved.

But I'd been going out to eat for 47 years and nothing has got me yet so I just don't think about what I've seen happen.

What I hate most is how expensive it is, having to deal with inconsiderate other diners who can't even dress decently to go out, and the fact most everywhere I go 85% of the menu is the same and in most cases the food isn't even that good anymore.

Same. We once walked out with our son, 2.5, who was tantruming because he wanted to go back and play the games in the place. We said no, later, he wasn't having it. We threatened that if he wouldn't stop we would leave. And we did. He never behaved like that in a restaurant again.

But that was in the Before Times.

Now, children have a "right" to be anywhere no matter how they behave; the rest of us can just deal with it. And I say this as a person who loves working with children and has done so for 30 years.
Good on you! Discipline doesn't have to mean spanking your kids, it means being consistent and firm in what you say and do.

It's probably gonna sound elitist, but the only place I'll go out to eat these days are places where I know the riff raff can't afford the menu.

A taco truck here has the best tacos in town. The taco guy sweats over the grill, wears a t shirt and uses his bare hands! :eek:

Last edited:
I got a couple of dives I like ..but they are clean..I don't dress for fine dining

I don't even care for fine dining itself. I'm good with bar food. lol.

I just don't wanna listen to shanaynay yelling on her speaker phone the whole time. And all of the other crap that comes with the uncouth types. For whatever reason, the riff raff seems to want to turn into exhibitionists when they're being ''served.''

Same types of hooligans who won't shut the heck up the whole time a movie is playing in a theater. And slap their chops on their popcorns or whatever, you can hear that shit ten rows back. No couth or self-awareness whatoever. I won't go to a movie theater anymore for that reason alone. lol...

Last edited:
A taco truck here has the best tacos in town. The taco guy sweats over the grill, wears a t shirt and uses his bear hands! :eek:
He has bear hands? Is he some kind of mutant? An immigrant from the Island of Doctor Moreau?

If I don't know the owner, or the people I'm with aren't friends with him, it's a no go

Forum List

Back