How are cops supposed to know if their attacker is armed or not?

Sonny, this is a brand new day.
This is a no respect for authority situation we are dealing with. Suicide by cop is all the rage, thinking you are somehow entitled, thinking that because you are unarmed that gives you the right to be confrontational is what this is. And the cop is suppose to be able to discern which is which in any given situation? Garbage.
Whether you are in the right or whether you are in the wrong, if you want to stay alive, when a cop tells you to do something, DO IT.

I doubt there are many police officers that get up and say, "No time for breakfast honey, today I'm gonna go find me some kid to kill!"

Hands up, don't shoot WORKS, if you actually put your hands up.

Only in a fairy tale world. Go to my Facebook page and read what I get sent to me every single day.

We are talking about Law Enforcement officers. They enforce. It's what they are paid to do. I'll bet for every bad cop out there, there are 100 good ones. With no way to tell which is which, your best bet is to do what they tell you and diffuse the situation, not escalade it. There are camera's on every corner and one in everybody's pocket, and we love to video cops, so if you are mistreated, there is a good chance it's going to be seen and recorded. Better safe than sorry. Challenge a cop after the situation, not during.
A much better solution is take away their power and authority to misuse and abuse that power and authority. Hold them accountable the same as everyone else.

This is a no respect for authority situation we are dealing with. Suicide by cop is all the rage, thinking you are somehow entitled, thinking that because you are unarmed that gives you the right to be confrontational is what this is. And the cop is suppose to be able to discern which is which in any given situation? Garbage.
Whether you are in the right or whether you are in the wrong, if you want to stay alive, when a cop tells you to do something, DO IT.

I doubt there are many police officers that get up and say, "No time for breakfast honey, today I'm gonna go find me some kid to kill!"

Only in a fairy tale world. Go to my Facebook page and read what I get sent to me every single day.

We are talking about Law Enforcement officers. They enforce. It's what they are paid to do. I'll bet for every bad cop out there, there are 100 good ones. With no way to tell which is which, your best bet is to do what they tell you and diffuse the situation, not escalade it. There are camera's on every corner and one in everybody's pocket, and we love to video cops, so if you are mistreated, there is a good chance it's going to be seen and recorded. Better safe than sorry. Challenge a cop after the situation, not during.
A much better solution is take away their power and authority to misuse and abuse that power and authority. Hold them accountable the same as everyone else.

There wouldnt be a person in the world who would want to be a cop if you hung them out to dry every time they had to shoot someone.

Their motto is "to protect and serve" No doubt there are plenty of good cops. They just weren't behaving that way in Ferguson. Cameras will help. Behaving as a cop instead of an occupying force would be better.
Even the ones you call "good cops" write quota tickets and detain citizens without just cause. Do "good cops" tell their superiors that they refuse to write BS quota tickets?

Their motto is "to protect and serve" No doubt there are plenty of good cops. They just weren't behaving that way in Ferguson. Cameras will help. Behaving as a cop instead of an occupying force would be better.
Even the ones you call "good cops" write quota tickets and detain citizens without just cause. Do "good cops" tell their superiors that they refuse to write BS quota tickets?

Not if they want to keep their job.
I'm by no means for quotas,but the fact of the matter is cops could write tickets all day long if they wanted to.

There wouldnt be a person in the world who would want to be a cop if you hung them out to dry every time they had to shoot someone.
They would only be punished if they broke the same laws that they would arrest you and I for. Why give them a free pass when you and I would be placed behind bars for the same things? The laws are the laws, and we all should have to follow and obey them, regardless of whether we wear a uniform or not. The U.S. Constitution is not just for those that don't wear a uniform, it's for everyone.

I'm by no means for quotas,but the fact of the matter is cops could write tickets all day long if they wanted to.
Well, exactly my point. Cops do what you and I wouldn't do. I would never agree to write quota tickets. That is basically stealing from people. I watch cops do it right outside my subdivision all the time. I wouldn't lower myself to do such a thing. I have more self-respect than to steal from people or cause them financial hardship just because some damn idiot wanted more money.

They would only be punished if they broke the same laws that they would arrest you and I for. Why give them a free pass when you and I would be placed behind bars for the same things? The laws are the laws, and we all should have to follow and obey them, regardless of whether we wear a uniform or not. The U.S. Constitution is not just for those that don't wear a uniform, it's for everyone.

So officer Wilson would be in prison in your perfect world?

So officer Wilson would be in prison in your perfect world?
Only if he was found guilty in a court of law. Only if there were enough evidence against him. Only if there was undeniable, undisputed hard rock solid evidence of guilt. I would never convict someone on circumstantial evidence. But, in my opinion, he should face a jury trial. FYI - I do NOT have a perfect world. Justice, true justice, has absolutely nothing to do with being perfect.

Cops are trained to use their MagLites ( flashlights ), batons, and trained in self-defense. They're also instructed to call for back-up when needed. In addition, most of them carry some type of defensive spray ( pepper spray ). So, when an unarmed person is approached, forget everything and start shooting? Sorry, but something doesn't add up. And, take a look at the victims. Some of the victims are young kids, old women and old men, non-attack family pets, and disabled people in wheelchairs.

What category does michael brown fall into.? He was a 300 pound giant in the physical prime of his life. THINK

The same size as Wilson...THINK

Well, exactly my point. Cops do what you and I wouldn't do. I would never agree to write quota tickets. That is basically stealing from people. I watch cops do it right outside my subdivision all the time. I wouldn't lower myself to do such a thing. I have more self-respect than to steal from people or cause them financial hardship just because some damn idiot wanted more money.

You realize that cops could write tickets all day long in excess of their quotas.
Because there are just that many speeders and scoff laws out there.
When a cop fails to write tickets he isnt doing his job,hell I speed all the time and havent got a ticket in the last ten years. And it sure as hell isnt because the cops missed me.

Cops are trained to use their MagLites ( flashlights ), batons, and trained in self-defense. They're also instructed to call for back-up when needed. In addition, most of them carry some type of defensive spray ( pepper spray ). So, when an unarmed person is approached, forget everything and start shooting? Sorry, but something doesn't add up. And, take a look at the victims. Some of the victims are young kids, old women and old men, non-attack family pets, and disabled people in wheelchairs.

What category does michael brown fall into.? He was a 300 pound giant in the physical prime of his life. THINK

He fails in the category of arrest for breaking the law. Call for back up and arrest him, place in in jail awaiting trial. Just common sense.

He fails in the category of arrest for breaking the law. Call for back up and arrest him, place in in jail awaiting trial. Just common sense.

So you actually think Mike Brown would hang around and wait to be arrested?:lmao:
I'm trying to see your side of this but comments like that make it impossible.

So you actually think Mike Brown would hang around and wait to be arrested?:lmao:

I dont know since thats a hypothetical...Did you think he was a flight risk for jaywalking?

He wasn't running away from anyone. He could've been followed until help arrived. Cops have radios, and usually, other cops are only a few minutes or less away. It doesn't take 20 or 30 minutes to get assistance from other cops. He wasn't attempting to run away from anyone. He was walking down the street when approached, or standing on the sidewalk. Besides he was unarmed and could've been arrested without gun fire.

I dont know since thats a hypothetical...Did you think he was a flight risk for jaywalking?

But you guys claimed he was running away when officer Wilson shot him in the back?
So which is it?
He was a flight risk for robbery for sure though.

He wasn't running away from anyone. He could've been followed until help arrived. Cops have radios, and usually, other cops are only a few minutes or less away. It doesn't take 20 or 30 minutes to get assistance from other cops. He wasn't attempting to run away from anyone. He was walking down the street when approached, or standing on the sidewalk. Besides he was unarmed and could've been arrested without gun fire.

Thats a load of horse shit.
If he was willing to attack an officer he's damn sure willing to run when it doesnt go his way.

But you guys claimed he was running away when officer Wilson shot him in the back?
So which is it?
He stole from a store, and without a gun. He just walked out without paying. He never held a gun on anyone. He wasn't trying to get to the bus station to get out of town. He was walking down the street.

So which is it?
He stole from a store, and without a gun. He just walked out without paying. He never held a gun on anyone. He wasn't trying to get to the bus station to get out of town. He was walking down the street.

And assaulted a man half his size. That is a felony.

Forum List

Back