House Republicans ‘May Dig Their Own Grave’ With Fringe Political Investigations

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
The lone break with Republicans came once again from Mitt Romney, who told The Bulwark those types of political investigations, particularly into Hunter Biden, are a poor use of Congress’s already-limited resources.

“I think it’s really hard to know what the politics of a course of action might be in this day and age, to know where our party stands, what our base wants, what independent voters want,” Romney said. “But I think you have to do what you think is right and I think the American people want us to tackle some of the big challenges we have—immigration, inflation, and so forth—and the other things that divert from those priorities I think are a waste of time.”

Will congressional Repubs pay a price with the base over wasting time with fruitless investigations motivated by revenge for Dem's having the audacity to investigate a failed coup? I really don't know. The base seems more interested in being entertained than solving the country's problems.

The lone break with Republicans came once again from Mitt Romney, who told The Bulwark those types of political investigations, particularly into Hunter Biden, are a poor use of Congress’s already-limited resources.

“I think it’s really hard to know what the politics of a course of action might be in this day and age, to know where our party stands, what our base wants, what independent voters want,” Romney said. “But I think you have to do what you think is right and I think the American people want us to tackle some of the big challenges we have—immigration, inflation, and so forth—and the other things that divert from those priorities I think are a waste of time.”

Will congressional Repubs pay a price with the base over wasting time with fruitless investigations motivated by revenge for Dem's having the audacity to investigate a failed coup? I really don't know. The base seems more interested in being entertained than solving the country's problems.
Yep. The next two years in the lower chamber brought to you by the House Freedom Cucks. They are going to take McCarthy and bend him over a barrel. You're going to have two years of snipe hunt after snipe hunt.
Let them dig their own grave. This country could really use two parties governing, but after seeing what Republicans have become over the last 15 years or so, I'm fine with one party rule..at least for the next decade. :)

They stand to gain seats in the Senate in 2024. They have less seats up for re election. I suspect they will hurt themselves with these investigations, with abortion and because they will nominate election deniers. Insurrectionists.

Will congressional Repubs pay a price with the base over wasting time with fruitless investigations motivated by revenge for Dem's having the audacity to investigate a failed coup?

Republican “investigations” will backfire

The Hunter Biden investigation will reveal Hunter is a drug addict with international business dealings no different than other international businessmen and no connection to the President

The investigation into the withdrawal from Afghanistan will have to elevate the poor deal Trump negotiated with the Taliban

Their Jan 6 investigation into why didn’t they do a better job at stopping the rioters will ultimately have to focus on……why didn’t you realize Republicans would be so violent?

Last edited:

Fuck Mittens. Limited resources my ass. Those shitbirds can’t line up fast enough to piss money away knowing the fed will move the decimal point as far as is needed. Was mr. magic diaper concerned about limited resources when he voted on any appropriation he approved of?

But Mitt was all for the witch hunts against President Trump. All of which led to a big fat nothing.

UnderwearGate

House Gop can subpoena

Capitol police videos
Fbi files

And amazingly SF won't let the public see dePape's criminal record...

Maybe because...

Busted over and over for being a

Gay coke WHORE

Fuck Mittens. Limited resources my ass. Those shitbirds can’t line up fast enough to piss money away knowing the fed will move the decimal point as far as is needed. Was mr. magic diaper concerned about limited resources when he voted on any appropriation he approved of?
OMG. Love the turns of phrase in this post.

They stand to gain seats in the Senate in 2024. They have less seats up for re election. I suspect they will hurt themselves with these investigations, with abortion and because they will nominate election deniers. Insurrectionists.
Cannot live with RINOS galore anymore. RINO Repubs in a 50/50 Senate voted for Prog agendas. Progs do not do the same back. RINO house members did the same.

If House Republicans were smart they'd work with Democrats to pass routine housekeeping legislation and forget about baseless, partisan investigations.

That would give voters the impression that Republicans are interested in and capable of responsible governance in time for 2024.

We'll see.

If House Republicans were smart they'd work with Democrats to pass routine housekeeping legislation and forget about baseless, partisan investigations.

That would give voters the impression that Republicans are interested in and capable of responsible governance in time for 2024.

We'll see.
You say that with a straight face, right? After four years of baseless investigations against President Trump that yielded zero. This is intentional trolling, right?

We'll see.

Working with Democrats is a Third Rail with MAGA Republicans no matter how mundane

Cannot live with RINOS galore anymore. RINO Repubs in a 50/50 Senate voted for Prog agendas. Progs do not do the same back. RINO house members did the same.

Didn't Clinton sign NAFTA? So what are you talking about? That was a Republican invention.

Didn't we go along with Bush and take him at his word that Iraq had WMD's?

When Trump ran for POTUS he said at a primary, "there were no WMD's and they knew it. They lied".

The hubris and the hypocrisy of the demented LEFT is out of control.
Holy crap you people are fucking something else,!!!!
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back