Foolish People on the Left Keep Asking Ridiculous Hypotheticals About Presidential Immunity

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
It began this past January when judge Pan asked her now infamous question about Seal Team 6. It continued today in the arguments in front of SCOTUS. How embarrassing.

What they fail to mention is that the Biden team, with Reichsleiter Garland as his wingman, attempting a political assassination with all the coordinated lawfare against Biden's #1 opponent.

The left needs to take a long, hard look at themselves in a mirror. They may not like what they see, if the mirror doesn't shatter first that is.

Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh frequently told the government that the Supreme Court’s ruling would apply to all future presidents — not just Donald Trump.

“I’m not concerned about this case,” Gorsuch said. “But I am concerned about future uses of the criminal law to target political opponents based on accusations about their motives.”

“We’re writing a rule for the ages,” he continued.

And foolish people on the right keep insisting Mr. Trump would have absolute immunity if he went out onto 5th Avenue an shot 45 people.​

Not really, I think most sensible people are drawing the immunity line at 'official acts'. Anything that touches on 'official acts' would confer immunity. Either way, the Constitutional remedy of impeachment and removal is currently the only standard to determine when immunity would not apply.

So Kagan, who I once thought was intelligent, mentioned that the Framers didn't put [Presidential] immunity into the Constitution.

Hmm. 🤔

Yet she has judicial immunity, as do all Federal judges, even though the Framers didn't write it into the Constitution.

Both come from the common law. Does she not know any of this?

Not really, I think most sensible people are drawing the immunity line at 'official acts'. Anything that touches on 'official acts' would confer immunity. Either way, the Constitutional remedy of impeachment and removal is currently the only standard to determine when immunity would not apply.
So when a President Fails to protect US citizens, then when he is out of office, he can them be brought up on "Crimes against Humanity" right?

"Most sensible people?"

The arguments can end with fighting over what constitutes an official act.

Not just official acts necessarily though but immunity from criminal charges for pretty much anything. Using Dante's really REALLY dumb analogy that Trump supporters would give him immunity for going out and shooting 45 people. In that essentially non existent circumstance, we would expect our elected leaders to impeach and remove him from the Presidency immediately and then certainly state or local law would apply to prosecute him for murder. But if Congress is not the constitutional authority to prosecute and convict a President of crimes, any Tom, Dick, Harry or Harriet could accuse him of anything and keep him in court throughout his term of office. There would be constant investigations to see if something was within his jurisdictional duties or not. And for the rest of his life, his enemies could be making something he did as President a 'crime.

And if Congress did not impeach him and try him for the murder charge, we no longer have a government of, by and for the people anyway.

It began this past January when judge Pan asked her now infamous question about Seal Team 6. It continued today in the arguments in front of SCOTUS. How embarrassing.

What they fail to mention is that the Biden team, with Reichsleiter Garland as his wingman, attempting a political assassination with all the coordinated lawfare against Biden's #1 opponent.

The left needs to take a long, hard look at themselves in a mirror. They may not like what they see, if the mirror doesn't shatter first that is.

Justices Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh frequently told the government that the Supreme Court’s ruling would apply to all future presidents — not just Donald Trump.
“I’m not concerned about this case,” Gorsuch said. “But I am concerned about future uses of the criminal law to target political opponents based on accusations about their motives.”

golly-gee-this-ones-hard-v0-bum780xt5owc1.jpeg

enforcing laws is assassination?

If the Supreme Court could derail all these idiotic Trump prosecutions, they'd be doing the Democrat party a big favor. They'd also save them a lot of embarrassment and maybe even some felony charges. This is attempted election rigging, plain and simple. MAGA

Because the orange pile of shit is arguing for blanket, absolute immunity.

Duh.

What an idiotic and whiny thread.

Forum List

Back