House Republicans ‘May Dig Their Own Grave’ With Fringe Political Investigations

I don't think the people are against investigations into wrong doing. They are against investigations that waste millions and never do anything.
Are you speaking of the 7 Benghazi investigations?

The lone break with Republicans came once again from Mitt Romney, who told The Bulwark those types of political investigations, particularly into Hunter Biden, are a poor use of Congress’s already-limited resources.

“I think it’s really hard to know what the politics of a course of action might be in this day and age, to know where our party stands, what our base wants, what independent voters want,” Romney said. “But I think you have to do what you think is right and I think the American people want us to tackle some of the big challenges we have—immigration, inflation, and so forth—and the other things that divert from those priorities I think are a waste of time.”

Will congressional Repubs pay a price with the base over wasting time with fruitless investigations motivated by revenge for Dem's having the audacity to investigate a failed coup? I really don't know. The base seems more interested in being entertained than solving the country's problems.
what fruitless investigations?

That would give voters the impression that Republicans are interested in and capable of responsible governance in time for 2024.
How very refreshing that would be. However, it requires Repubs to establish a positive agenda for solving the country's problems. They're much better at playing the blame game.

How's that fruitless? Maybe, they should be more focused, and simply investigate Adam Shifty...but I fail to understand from your post how that is fruitless? Please explain

How's that fruitless? Maybe, they should be more focused, and simply investigate Adam Shifty...but I fail to understand from your post how that is fruitless? Please explain
What fantastical bullshit has right wing media accused Schiff of doing? I mean besides being an effective critic of Trump?
Does he deserve to be kicked off the committees he is on for this?

The lone break with Republicans came once again from Mitt Romney, who told The Bulwark those types of political investigations, particularly into Hunter Biden, are a poor use of Congress’s already-limited resources.

“I think it’s really hard to know what the politics of a course of action might be in this day and age, to know where our party stands, what our base wants, what independent voters want,” Romney said. “But I think you have to do what you think is right and I think the American people want us to tackle some of the big challenges we have—immigration, inflation, and so forth—and the other things that divert from those priorities I think are a waste of time.”

Will congressional Repubs pay a price with the base over wasting time with fruitless investigations motivated by revenge for Dem's having the audacity to investigate a failed coup? I really don't know. The base seems more interested in being entertained than solving the country's problems.
Let them dig. I don't care. If they want, they can stop by and borrow one of my shovels. You may be correct, in that they may be digging their own graves, but it matters not, to me, one way or the other and investigations are one of their jobs, even if it continues to be the only part they have any interests in doing. It is like that box on my 1040, do you wish to donate a dollar to support, it will not affect my refund, which I usually do not get any, anyway, more often have to send a check of varying sizes. They can play their games, and I simply won't give a sht.

What fantastical bullshit has right wing media accused Schiff of doing? I mean besides being an effective critic of Trump?
Does he deserve to be kicked off the committees he is on for this?
Well...I mean he admitted to using "parody" to impeach Trump....that's an amazing abuse of power...and yes, he should be off the committee for that one reason alone.

Well...I mean he admitted to using "parody" to impeach Trump....that's an amazing abuse of power
That's just pure nonsense.

It’s possible some viewers didn’t pick up on Schiff’s cue that he was giving his interpretation of the “essence” of the call. But it was clear to Republican Rep. Mike Turner.

Later in the hearing, Turner said Schiff was “just making it up” and the American people were smart enough to know that. “While the chairman was speaking I actually had someone text me, ‘Is he just making this up?’ And yes, he was. Because sometimes fiction is better than the actual words or the text. But luckily the American public are smart, and they have the transcript. They’ve read the conversation; they know when someone’s just making it up.”

Schiff responded: “My summary of the president’s call was meant to be at least part in parody. The fact that’s not clear is a separate problem in and of itself. Of course, the president never said if you don’t understand me, I’m going to say it seven more times. My point is that’s the message that the Ukraine president was receiving in not so many words.”

Election interference by the FBI is a big fucking deal

That's just pure nonsense.

It’s possible some viewers didn’t pick up on Schiff’s cue that he was giving his interpretation of the “essence” of the call. But it was clear to Republican Rep. Mike Turner.

Later in the hearing, Turner said Schiff was “just making it up” and the American people were smart enough to know that. “While the chairman was speaking I actually had someone text me, ‘Is he just making this up?’ And yes, he was. Because sometimes fiction is better than the actual words or the text. But luckily the American public are smart, and they have the transcript. They’ve read the conversation; they know when someone’s just making it up.”

Schiff responded: “My summary of the president’s call was meant to be at least part in parody. The fact that’s not clear is a separate problem in and of itself. Of course, the president never said if you don’t understand me, I’m going to say it seven more times. My point is that’s the message that the Ukraine president was receiving in not so many words.”

Trump said Schiff “actually took words and made it up.” That’s correct

Later in the same hearing, Schiff said the summary “was meant to be at least part in parody.”

yes...what Shifty said was pure nonsense. I agree...and for that, he should be removed...at least...from the COmmittee

Well...I mean he admitted to using "parody" to impeach Trump.
Hahaha. "Schiff didn’t portray his summary of the call as true. He said at the beginning of his remarks, “Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates.” And at the end, he added, “This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine.”

Here is one of the reasons Trump was Impeached in 2019.

"Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. President Trump also sought to pressure the Government of Ukraine to take these steps by conditioning official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations. President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit. In so doing, President Trump used the powers of the Presidency in a manner that compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process. He thus ignored and injured the interests of the Nation."

If House Republicans were smart they'd work with Democrats to pass routine housekeeping legislation and forget about baseless, partisan investigations.

That would give voters the impression that Republicans are interested in and capable of responsible governance in time for 2024.

We'll see.
You mean agree 100% with the Far Left twat squad agenda. No thanks.

Let them.

When MAGAts do stupid things, don't stop them.

Hahaha. "Schiff didn’t portray his summary of the call as true. He said at the beginning of his remarks, “Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates.” And at the end, he added, “This is in sum and character what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine.”

Here is one of the reasons Trump was Impeached in 2019.

"Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. President Trump also sought to pressure the Government of Ukraine to take these steps by conditioning official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations. President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit. In so doing, President Trump used the powers of the Presidency in a manner that compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process. He thus ignored and injured the interests of the Nation."

Yes I agree....what Shifty said was UNTRUE....the impeachment was UNTRUE. Hence why he should be removed from the Committee...at the very least.

an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

Got it?
I do...that's my entire point....impeachments shouldn't be done for "comic effect" - that is why he should be removed from the Committee...at the very least. What an amazing abuse of power.

Forum List

Back