Gay Teacher fired

Couldn't decide where this belongs. Since liberals think this is a political issue I will post it in politics.

Gay Catholic School Teacher Fired for Wedding Plans

The man knew the contract he worked under required him to adhere to the Church's teachings publicly.

Most Churches do not abandon gays just for being gay. And the catholic church is similar. BY going public that he was marrying a man that meant he was actively living the gay life style. The Church does oppose that.

Prior to his public acknowledgement that he was a practicing gay the school and the Church had no problem and the contract held. As soon as he went public he was in violation of Church teachings and beliefs.

I do not see how contacting a lawyer will help. Prior to his announcement he was wedding a man the church had no public record that he was a practicing gay. They could in good faith keep him under the terms of the Contract.

Any civil action would be trying to put the Government in church business. And the 1st Amendment says that can not happen.

I find this hilarious.

Does the Catholic Church fire unmarried teachers who live with their fiances before the wedding? (I can tell you from personal experience, no, they don't.) Do they fire teachers who use birth control.

But what I find absolutely hilarious is that frankly, every nun who taught me growing up was a lesbian and every last priest and Christian Brother was a gay dude. Hilarious they are still going after the gheys when most of their clergy is.

Maybe he believes in Jesus or something

We druids aren't all that familiar with the policies of The Prophet Jesus so you may - or may not - be correct. Care to contribute (sincerely asked) any points of view Jesus may have expressed or which his contemporaries may have asserted he expressed on the subject?

It is my opinion that Jesus was gay. He was in his 30s and surrounded himself with other men. He was kind to women, but did not pursue marriage or any kind of sexual relationship with them. If that isn't the definition of gay, what is???

Jesus loves me, this I know. :eusa_angel:

It's my opinion that you are an ill informed and downright stupid poster with her head up her ass.
Actually that's a fact, not an opinion.

The government isn't forcing that. And maybe the Church is wrong on this. Regardless, their stance is completely trumped by belief in Jesus.

Yes they are in their mind since "marriage" is considered to be a product of religion.

Show me how many churches are against "civil unions" which are actually more legally binding than any marriage.

Fine. So do you support taking away government's ability to sanction marriage? So they can only sanction civil unions?
I don't know about him, but I certainly do.

Catholics are taught to live our lives through the examples that Jesus set. The New Testament takes HUGE precedence over the Old Testament. There is no mention of the homosexuality in the New Testament. If someone is gay and they believe and trust in Jesus Christ then I have to believe that they are saved.

If they don't believe in Jesus then I have to hope that His mercy extends to them. And I have a feeling that it does.
This is an example of people not knowing what their Bible really says.

In the N.T. it says that Jesus was teacher (Rabbi) and taught the Law (Torah/O.T.).

Jesus said the N.T. that the Torah was perfect and not one single word will be changed until the earth passes away (End Times).

The Law/Torah that Jesus taught clearly says that homosexuality is an abomination to God.

And those who practice this perversion will be cast into Hell for eternity. ... :cool:

Couldn't decide where this belongs. Since liberals think this is a political issue I will post it in politics.

Gay Catholic School Teacher Fired for Wedding Plans

The man knew the contract he worked under required him to adhere to the Church's teachings publicly.

Most Churches do not abandon gays just for being gay. And the catholic church is similar. BY going public that he was marrying a man that meant he was actively living the gay life style. The Church does oppose that.

Prior to his public acknowledgement that he was a practicing gay the school and the Church had no problem and the contract held. As soon as he went public he was in violation of Church teachings and beliefs.

I do not see how contacting a lawyer will help. Prior to his announcement he was wedding a man the church had no public record that he was a practicing gay. They could in good faith keep him under the terms of the Contract.

Any civil action would be trying to put the Government in church business. And the 1st Amendment says that can not happen.

I find this hilarious.

Does the Catholic Church fire unmarried teachers who live with their fiances before the wedding? (I can tell you from personal experience, no, they don't.) Do they fire teachers who use birth control.

But what I find absolutely hilarious is that frankly, every nun who taught me growing up was a lesbian and every last priest and Christian Brother was a gay dude. Hilarious they are still going after the gheys when most of their clergy is.

This. It is pure bigoted hypocrisy. They don't fire other "sinners", just the gay ones.

Problems like this (and contraception) keep coming up because religious institutions are starting businesses and claiming the business is an extension of their place of worship.

Let's ask the real question, the one at the heart of the debate. Can being affiliated with a religious institution exempt a business from following certain laws and regulations?

I don't think it should. When they start a business they are stepping outside the area of worship and should be required to follow the same laws as every other business.
Here is the problem....

"Shall make no law" is a restriction on government. I always see people trying to have it both ways.

You cannot have government employees mention 'God' because it violates the First Amendment and some mythical separation of church and state. Yet, here we are saying the government can absolutely violate religion in the name of the secular.

Catholics are taught to live our lives through the examples that Jesus set. The New Testament takes HUGE precedence over the Old Testament. There is no mention of the homosexuality in the New Testament. If someone is gay and they believe and trust in Jesus Christ then I have to believe that they are saved.

If they don't believe in Jesus then I have to hope that His mercy extends to them. And I have a feeling that it does.

In the N.T. it says that Jesus was teacher (Rabbi) and taught the Law (Torah/O.T.).

Jesus said the N.T. that the Torah was perfect and not one single word will be changed until the earth passes away (End Times).

The Law/Torah that Jesus taught clearly says that homosexuality is an abomination to God.

And those who practice this perversion will be cast into Hell for eternity. ... :cool:

Okay, but here's the thing.

We aren't killing people for working on Sunday.

We aren't killing people for not being virgins on their wedding night.

We aren't killing women who get raped in the city and don't cry out.

We aren't killing people for mixing fabric types.

The Torah is full of all sort of crazy laws about slavery and witches we don't follow today.

But, man, that rule about the gheys, that's totally set in stone.

The Torah is full of all sort of crazy laws about slavery and witches we don't follow today.

Actually, the sabbath is on Saturday.....not Sunday.

The rest of your post is also full of similar misnomers. ... :cool:

Actually, the sabbath is on Saturday.....not Sunday.

The rest of your post is also full of similar misnomers. ... :cool:

Actually, we aren't sure which day the Sabbath was because the whole naming of days for the planets was a later innovation...

And we aren't killing people for working on Saturday, either....

Most sane people wouldn't want to live under Mosaic Law.

Problems like this (and contraception) keep coming up because religious institutions are starting businesses and claiming the business is an extension of their place of worship.

Let's ask the real question, the one at the heart of the debate. Can being affiliated with a religious institution exempt a business from following certain laws and regulations?

I don't think it should. When they start a business they are stepping outside the area of worship and should be required to follow the same laws as every other business.
Here is the problem....

"Shall make no law" is a restriction on government. I always see people trying to have it both ways.

You cannot have government employees mention 'God' because it violates the First Amendment and some mythical separation of church and state. Yet, here we are saying the government can absolutely violate religion in the name of the secular.

“We have never held that an individual’s religious beliefs excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law … On the contrary, the record of more than a century of free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition.”

Employment Division v. Smith

Maybe he believes in Jesus or something

We druids aren't all that familiar with the policies of The Prophet Jesus so you may - or may not - be correct. Care to contribute (sincerely asked) any points of view Jesus may have expressed or which his contemporaries may have asserted he expressed on the subject?

I can't quote the bible or anything like that because I don't know it well enough : /. But I'll take a shot at your question.

Yes, the New Testament does forbid homosexuality.

I Corinthians 6:9-10, "1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

It also affords forgiveness for those who repent of the ignominy:

I Corinthians 6:11, "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Jesus taught much more than was ever written in the synopsis of his life known as the Gospel stories listed in the 4 books, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. In fact, he taught chapter and verse from the Old Testament. One of the scriptures in the Old Testament was from the book of Leviticus, Chapter 18 and verse 22: "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

He would not have left that out due to the importance placed on the story of Sodom and Gomorrah which brought about these rules for living in society with other people, and to warn them that a society trapped in the demands of sinful proclivities would mistreat even the messengers of God with taboo treatment.

It's not easy to understand what is written until it is taken in context with known outcomes, and to discourage certain deleterious practices that rob people of their childhood and their parents of comforts in their old age. Sex has a purpose, but it is procreation of humans is through a woman and a man as God created them. That's why Christians believe marriage is a union between a woman and a man. The Bible is a valuable book of human experience that sheds light on what practice is right and good and what practice is not good for people to engage in. Christ told Satan in the Wilderness not to put God to the test as a warning to keep his Word close to mind, word, and deed.

/Lectio Divinia

Here is the problem....

“We have never held that an individual’s religious beliefs excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law … On the contrary, the record of more than a century of free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition.”

Now, read the First Amendment again.

A law is not valid if it interferes with the free exercise of religion. Please do not confuse unchallenged with Constitutional.

Here is the problem....

Now, read the First Amendment again.

A law is not valid if it interferes with the free exercise of religion. Please do not confuse unchallenged with Constitutional.

Not true as described in the case I quoted, majority opinion written by none other than Scalia.

It is a sin to lay down with someone of the same sex. It is not a sin to be gay it is a sin to practice it.

My understanding of the bible suggests this is true.
What I find hard to accept is the way some people want to be openly and actively gay but claim to uphold the rest of the bible.

Sort of like choosing the bits you like but rebelling against the bits that don't suit you.
Ner, he should be sacked as you can't work in a Catholic school and be sexually active with another bloke.
The same goes for adulterers, thieves and so on, so don't bother calling me anti gay.

This makes me wonder how the Catholic rulers can fire a teacher for being actively gay yet protect a priest after he molests little boys. Where is the logic in that? :cuckoo:

It is a sin to lay down with someone of the same sex. It is not a sin to be gay it is a sin to practice it.

What I find hard to accept is the way some people want to be openly and actively gay but claim to uphold the rest of the bible.

Sort of like choosing the bits you like but rebelling against the bits that don't suit you.
Ner, he should be sacked as you can't work in a Catholic school and be sexually active with another bloke.
The same goes for adulterers, thieves and so on, so don't bother calling me anti gay.

Right...divorcees and people who have sex before wedlock should be fired immediately, right? The point is they aren't. Only the gay "sinners" get fired.

Pass ENDA now!

Right...divorcees and people who have sex before wedlock should be fired immediately, right? The point is they aren't. Only the gay "sinners" get fired.

Pass ENDA now!
Presumably if single women or men went around proclaiming their latest sexual exploits they would be fired too.
Get off the victim mentality thing. You're not black. This isn't the 1960s. The Church is not Bull Connor.

Forum List

Back