Gay Teacher fired

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Couldn't decide where this belongs. Since liberals think this is a political issue I will post it in politics.

Gay Catholic School Teacher Fired for Wedding Plans

The man knew the contract he worked under required him to adhere to the Church's teachings publicly.

Most Churches do not abandon gays just for being gay. And the catholic church is similar. BY going public that he was marrying a man that meant he was actively living the gay life style. The Church does oppose that.

Prior to his public acknowledgement that he was a practicing gay the school and the Church had no problem and the contract held. As soon as he went public he was in violation of Church teachings and beliefs.

I do not see how contacting a lawyer will help. Prior to his announcement he was wedding a man the church had no public record that he was a practicing gay. They could in good faith keep him under the terms of the Contract.

Any civil action would be trying to put the Government in church business. And the 1st Amendment says that can not happen.

If the court finds the church violated the gay's civil rights while he was serving a public interest, then the case can be made for damages.

That's a long step from where matters are now.

The principal of my Catholic high school when I was attending administered at a wedding for one of the teachers who was a lesbian. It was a huge secret but I found out because my best friend's family was pretty involved fundraising at the school. He was given new orders by the church the next year to work in a different city. I don't know if that was related.

I was very proud of him.

Maybe he believes in Jesus or something

We druids aren't all that familiar with the policies of The Prophet Jesus so you may - or may not - be correct. Care to contribute (sincerely asked) any points of view Jesus may have expressed or which his contemporaries may have asserted he expressed on the subject?

I can't quote the bible or anything like that because I don't know it well enough : /. But I'll take a shot at your question.

Catholics are taught to live our lives through the examples that Jesus set. The New Testament takes HUGE precedence over the Old Testament. There is no mention of the homosexuality in the New Testament. If someone is gay and they believe and trust in Jesus Christ then I have to believe that they are saved.

If they don't believe in Jesus then I have to hope that His mercy extends to them. And I have a feeling that it does.

Thank you!

My gut feeling was that Jesus didn't comment on the subject - that so much of the religious rancor over homosexuals was manufactured of whole cloth as were so many other aspects of what now passes for Christianity.

Druidism is much safer. We only gotta please the oak trees and they don't say a whole lot.

We druids aren't all that familiar with the policies of The Prophet Jesus so you may - or may not - be correct. Care to contribute (sincerely asked) any points of view Jesus may have expressed or which his contemporaries may have asserted he expressed on the subject?

I can't quote the bible or anything like that because I don't know it well enough : /. But I'll take a shot at your question.

Catholics are taught to live our lives through the examples that Jesus set. The New Testament takes HUGE precedence over the Old Testament. There is no mention of the homosexuality in the New Testament. If someone is gay and they believe and trust in Jesus Christ then I have to believe that they are saved.

If they don't believe in Jesus then I have to hope that His mercy extends to them. And I have a feeling that it does.

So if the church does not want gays to be married by them, then why do you support the government forcing them to do so?

It is a sin to lay down with someone of the same sex. It is not a sin to be gay it is a sin to practice it.

Thank you!

My gut feeling was that Jesus didn't comment on the subject - that so much of the religious rancor over homosexuals was manufactured of whole cloth as were so many other aspects of what now passes for Christianity.

Druidism is much safer. We only gotta please the oak trees and they don't say a whole lot.

Well hey, the Bible also says that humans are the stewards of the Earth. So we have something in common! But I don't know why that's been ignored by so many followers :dunno:

It is a sin to lay down with someone of the same sex. It is not a sin to be gay it is a sin to practice it.

I don't for a moment challenge your right to feel that way but I would be sincerely interested to know whether Jesus expressed - or was ever alleged by a contemporary - to have expressed that thought. If so, under what circumstances?

Thank you!

Are you druids allowed to have sexual relationships with trees other than oaks? I mean what happens if one of you falls in love with a maple?

Thank you!

Well hey, the Bible also says that humans are the stewards of the Earth. So we have something in common! But I don't know why that's been ignored by so many followers :dunno:

Because the public far left school system has taken to creating far left drones.

So if the church does not want gays to be married by them, then why do you support the government forcing them to do so?

The government isn't forcing that. And maybe the Church is wrong on this. Regardless, their stance is completely trumped by belief in Jesus.

Yes they are in their mind since "marriage" is considered to be a product of religion.

Show me how many churches are against "civil unions" which are actually more legally binding than any marriage.

Are you druids allowed to have sexual relationships with trees other than oaks? I mean what happens if one of you falls in love with a maple?

Sex with trees don't enter into it at all.

Some of the "old believers" do still advocate human sacrifice but you might attend one of their services secure in the belief that you'd have not the slightest risk.

The government isn't forcing that. And maybe the Church is wrong on this. Regardless, their stance is completely trumped by belief in Jesus.

Yes they are in their mind since "marriage" is considered to be a product of religion.

Show me how many churches are against "civil unions" which are actually more legally binding than any marriage.

Fine. So do you support taking away government's ability to sanction marriage? So they can only sanction civil unions?

Forum List

Back