Zone1 After a perusal of Martin Luther's 95 Thesis, I have learned...

As with so much in "history", fact is often trumped by tale. The idea that Luther started a movement outside the power of the R.C.C. is an example. The absurdities and excesses of that institution had already been noted and reacted to for centuries before he acted. He didn't seek an alternative, he sought to make superficial alterations to function.

And because you are not such a devil you are a much more better Chtistzains than any Catholic, isn't it?

By the way. What do you think had been in the Midlle Ages the criteria for a good emperor and for a bad emperor of the Holy Empire?

... about 100 years later others opened Pandorras box in the Thirty Years War. World War 2 had been a Sunday afternoon walk for Germany compared with this war. But this war ended in an astonishing way. As far as I know it was the first time in history that such an extreme violent war was not lost nor won - it was the first time such a war was solved. The solution was called "Westfälischer Frieden" (Peace of Westphalia). Still today people exist who do not like to accept the spirit of this peace - or the spirit of peace at all. Looks like you are one of them.
That's some amazing logic you have there. :rolleyes:

Sometimes :)
I couldn't disagree more.
I think you have a log in your eye.
I think you are a hammer in search of a nail.

Any idea why you continuously write to me such an immense amount of empty phrases? Any idea why I am now here in this thread at all?

Vanity is by the way not a joke - but a very deadly sin. And to defame is also not a joke - but a break of one of the 10 commandements (8th commandement for Catholics and Lutherans, 9th for many others).

Last edited:
I am a rational theist. I do not believe in original sin, or the divinity of Jesus Christ. I believe in America’s civil religion, which was started by our first four presidents and others who lived during the America Revolution.

Our second president, John Adams, can explain to you Saint 1miseryindex the rational theist rejection if the Christian myth of original sin.

Was John Adams a Christian? could not accept the deity of Jesus Christ or that he died for the sins of the world. Adams said,​
“An incarnate God!!! An eternal, self-existent omnipresent [everywhere] omniscient [all-knowing] Author of this stupendous Universe suffering on a Cross!!! My Soul starts with horror, at the Idea.” The idea that a “finite Being” like Christ making “Satisfaction to infinite justice for the sins of the world” was absurd.​

After a perusal of Martin Luther's 95 Thesis, I have learned...​

nfbw 240323 Vaapom00009 to Saapom00006
I have studied at some depth the faith of the Founders and I am convinced that John Adams was no Deist. A Deist may acknowledge a supreme being/creator but does not believe that creator then involves himself in what is created. I believe the anti-religion group has intentionally picked passages from Adams' writings to portray him an unreligious person but they are dishonest when they do so. And unfortunately those who are uncareful in their scholarship just accept and parrot that giving the impression that Adams was not a God-fearing man.

John Adams not only believed in fasting and prayer but that God was instrumental in the United States of America coming to power. He was not a fundamentalist or big on doctrinal dogmatism but he He described himself as an instrument of God's will. He believed he was guided by divine intervention.

And wuthin this "amazing logic" - whatever you like to say uwth this expression - every bishop of the Protestants and Catholics should be very thankful that some Christians still exist at all.

Adams was an universalist, which allowed him wide latitude to believe what he wanted about religion when he wanted to. Nothing in his writings or speeches indicate one need to "accept Jesus as savior," or miraculous or marvelous happenings in the Bible actually happened as described.

The 'civil religion' comment above is particularly reflective in that civil religion allowed the relaxed thinker to generally abide the more lax and generous of Christian thinking.

Any idea why you continuously write to me such an immense amount of empty phrases? Any idea why I am now here in this thread at all?

Vanity is by the way not a joke - but a very deadly sin. And to defame is also not a joke - but a break of one of the 10 commandements (8th commandement for Catholics and Lutherans, 9th for many others).
You are guilty of everything you accuse me of. Physician heal thyself.

I am willing to offend anyone in the cause of good, even you. Many of your membership are aligned with me. There are so many kinds of Catholics. I like your Pope.

Am I? Because if you say almost all people do, then how can it be a projection? Remember... this exchange started with YOUR judgment or if you like YOUR projection.
There is your inability to analyze clearly popping out again. That people project is normal, and you are as normal and common as they come.

There is your inability to analyze clearly popping out again. That people project is normal, and you are as normal and common as they come.
I'm pretty well versed in the use of logic despite your opinion. I don't really care if you try to be objective in life. It only hurts you when you aren't.

Forum List

Back