There is such a thing as a gay Republican.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
I guess I'm going to have to be Captain Obvious. There is such a thing as a gay republican.

Geogre Santos was one.

Column: Think ‘gay Republican’ is a contradiction? Think again​

Charles Moran is proudly gay and proudly Republican.

To some that combination is an inherent contradiction, like being a meat-eating vegetarian, a violent pacifist or a Dodger-loving San Francisco Giants fan.

In recent months, conservative extremists have declared war on the LGBTQ+ community, waging skirmishes on social media, school campuses and in the aisles of your friendly neighborhood Target store.

Hundreds of anti-LGBTQ+ bills have been introduced in statehouses across the country, part of a Pink Scare aimed at inciting the Republican base for political profit and financial gain.

Moran, however, insists there is a middle ground, even if you have to squint to see it through the blaze of the smoking culture wars.

“I don’t want to see my movement, the gay movement, hijacked by far-left, cultural Marxists,” he said. “And I don’t want the antigay forces that still exist in the social conservative movement to hijack the progress that I helped make in the Republican Party.”

Those are words guaranteed to antagonize people of various stripes, which reflects the odd and uncomfortable position of the Log Cabin Republicans, an organization that advocates for LGBTQ+ rights from within the GOP. The group, headquartered in Washington, claims more than 10,000 members nationwide. The 42-year-old Moran, born and raised in San Pedro, is president.

I guess I'm going to have to be Captain Obvious. There is such a thing as a gay republican.

Geogre Santos was one.

To some that combination is an inherent contradiction, like being a meat-eating vegetarian, a violent pacifist or a Dodger-loving San Francisco Giants fan.

In recent months, conservative extremists have declared war on the LGBTQ+ community, waging skirmishes on social media, school campuses and in the aisles of your friendly neighborhood Target store.

Hundreds of anti-LGBTQ+ bills have been introduced in statehouses across the country, part of a Pink Scare aimed at inciting the Republican base for political profit and financial gain.

Moran, however, insists there is a middle ground, even if you have to squint to see it through the blaze of the smoking culture wars.

“I don’t want to see my movement, the gay movement, hijacked by far-left, cultural Marxists,” he said. “And I don’t want the antigay forces that still exist in the social conservative movement to hijack the progress that I helped make in the Republican Party.”

Those are words guaranteed to antagonize people of various stripes, which reflects the odd and uncomfortable position of the Log Cabin Republicans, an organization that advocates for LGBTQ+ rights from within the GOP. The group, headquartered in Washington, claims more than 10,000 members nationwide. The 42-year-old Moran, born and raised in San Pedro, is president.

Gay blacks too..........and?

400x400_1469719768618-thats-nice-dear-meme-jpeg.jpg

Geogre Santos was one.

Caitlyn Jenner wants to be a Republican so bad. They are so pissed that Republicans decided to pick gays as political footballs. They can't pick on blacks blatantly anymore so gays became a issue they can rally voters. ANTI WOKE.

Even Bill Maher tonight said he's a liberal but not WOKE. I'm both.

There's Christians in the Democratic Party along with tons upon tons of aborted babies and full blown racists of all colors ... mmm, it's complicated.

There are plenty of gay people in or out of political party's. And so what?
don't like gay people don't be one.
And now only gay Republicans have to hide & pretend.
every one else is living their life & minding there own business.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
There's Christians in the Democratic Party along with tons upon tons of aborted babies and full blown racists of all colors ... mmm, it's complicated.
The Repubican party elects racusts to make laws. There aren't full blown racists of all colors in the Democratic party.

"Usually the black racist has been produced by the white racist. In most cases where you see it, it is the reaction to white racism, and if you analyze it closely, it's not really black racism... If we react to white racism with a violent reaction, to me that's not black racism. If you come to put a rope around my neck and I hang you for it, to me that's not racism. Yours is racism, but my reaction has nothing to do with racism..."
-- Malcolm X

And you can make this same comment for every other non white group.

Caitlyn Jenner wants to be a Republican so bad. They are so pissed that Republicans decided to pick gays as political footballs. They can't pick on blacks blatantly anymore so gays became a issue they can rally voters. ANTI WOKE.

Even Bill Maher tonight said he's a liberal but not WOKE. I'm both.

There is very little about Bill Maher that can be considered “liberal”. Most of his positions are closer to far right than moderate. Especially his hatred of Muslims and his open misogyny.

I’ve never liked him but he has interesting guests on at least.

Geogre Santos was one.

I don't think a party that is going to nominate trump for a third time can talk about the intelligence of Democrats.
I don't think a party that is going to nominate trump for a third time can talk about the intelligence of Democrats.
I don't think party that nominated Hillary and Biden has much to talk about.

Geogre Santos was one.

This is so dumb, there are no words.

Geogre Santos was one.

Yep, there's a whole Log Cabin full of them.

Log Cabin Republicans

Geogre Santos was one.

Santos is openly gay and a closet democracked

Geogre Santos was one.

um…stop reading liberal press. They are giving you false information. Republicans don’t hate gay people, that’s just your lefty media telling you that.

Forum List

Back