For the Love of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about....either, Government Healthcare/ Insurance/Healthcare, or law and Justice System? Works much better there.

I could make a political issue out of Goofy if I wanted to....

At the risk of the wrath of a mod.... why did you post this in politics?

:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_silenced:

:scared1:
Where would a better place be....general discusssion? Like that would attract posters?
so... your reason for not posting this in a different forum... is the same reason people posted the threads in question in this forum... is that about it?

:D

Posting in Red.

This is what I've been told.

Do NOT question posts from moderators when they are in their Red Moderating Posting. PM them.

It's not a question. To question moderators actions when they are posting in red is a serious no-no.

At the risk of the wrath of a mod.... why did you post this in politics?

:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_silenced:

:scared1:
Where would a better place be....general discusssion? Like that would attract posters?
so... your reason for not posting this in a different forum... is the same reason people posted the threads in question in this forum... is that about it?

I wouldn't try selling a beef steak at a fish market, Conservative.
This forum is where the problem is, this forum is where I made my request.

Go to the Message Board, post new threads in appropriate topic........I think I got it.

chillax, dude... the smiley was so you'd know I was just f-ing with ya.:tongue:

Sounds about right to me. And the request in the O/P sounds a bit whiny.

If I got paid for this position, you might have a point, but I don't, and you don't.

Well, why don't you go out and get a real job and stop your bitching?

Use of this Forum is not a right. It is a privilege granted you by USmessageboard.com under the terms of this agreement and can be revoked at any time without warning.

In accordance with the privilege of using this forum granted you by USmessageboard.com, we request that you abide by the terms and conditions of our guidelines when using the Forum. We reserve the right to change the guidelines at any time.

The USmessageboard.com online community is moderated by volunteers on a regular basis and we ask that you please respect their efforts.

Thank you for visiting USmessageboard.com, and we hope you enjoy the community!

Hope you get my drift

First, this is NOT a criticsm of Meister, who I appreciate, or any other moderator. USMB needs the mods and it would not be the great board it is without them. And I'm pretty sure none of them are overpaid and volunteers should be cut a lot more slack than paid staff.

However. . . .

When I put something in the politics forum whether it is about a race matter or a healthcare policy or little green men from Mars, it is because I see it as a political issue first and foremost. The Martin/Zimmerman incident for instance has nothing to do with race relations. It has everything to do with inappropriate comments from the President, from congressional leaders, from media, from celebrities, and from self-proclaimed champions of racial righteousness stirring up the mobs to the point of violence. It is an issue in which various groups and personalities are jockeying to make political hay out of it.

I would absolutely look for a thread on this topic in the politics forum before I would look for it in race relations. And if I was starting a thread on this particular subject, I'll admit I would put in in politics where it would be seen and a discussion generated.

A more general discussion of black on black crime or perceptions of race or history or socioeconomic issues related to race would properly be put in the race relations forum.

I will of course bow to the powers that be on the board and I have rarely commented on why my or anybody else's thread was moved and my opinion is certainly no better than anybody else's. But I have felt disappointment when what could have been a really good discussion died when moved to a forum that few people ever look at.

If you see something as a political issue that is fine. It does not mean should be posted in politics. The forum itself IS a political forum.

Just using a little more thought as to where one should place their new thread is all we ask. If the mods decide it should be moved then they should move it

As a country everything is politics these days, and that is the problem we have when discussing anything at all. Anything can and will be politicized by anything and everyone, that is not relevant to USMB and the mods moving a thread or not

First, this is NOT a criticsm of Meister, who I appreciate, or any other moderator. USMB needs the mods and it would not be the great board it is without them. And I'm pretty sure none of them are overpaid and volunteers should be cut a lot more slack than paid staff.

However. . . .

When I put something in the politics forum whether it is about a race matter or a healthcare policy or little green men from Mars, it is because I see it as a political issue first and foremost. The Martin/Zimmerman incident for instance has nothing to do with race relations. It has everything to do with inappropriate comments from the President, from congressional leaders, from media, from celebrities, and from self-proclaimed champions of racial righteousness stirring up the mobs to the point of violence. It is an issue in which various groups and personalities are jockeying to make political hay out of it.

I would absolutely look for a thread on this topic in the politics forum before I would look for it in race relations. And if I was starting a thread on this particular subject, I'll admit I would put in in politics where it would be seen and a discussion generated.

A more general discussion of black on black crime or perceptions of race or history or socioeconomic issues related to race would properly be put in the race relations forum.

I will of course bow to the powers that be on the board and I have rarely commented on why my or anybody else's thread was moved and my opinion is certainly no better than anybody else's. But I have felt disappointment when what could have been a really good discussion died when moved to a forum that few people ever look at.

Hmmm... I personally think the Martin case should not be political, and I agree with the mods completely here.

I certainly think BOTH sides have made this into a political issue.

I see why the left has taken up the racism banner, and I don't approve...

But I'm not at all sure why the right has decided to take up the opposing viewpoint... Why didn't they just stay out of it. I mean, Zimmerman is a Democrat, so there was no reason for them to get involved in the first place.

As for the President making "inappropriate" comments and it "not being an issue of racial relations"...

Is the president not black?

And, more to the point, is he not a father?

If you see something as a political issue that is fine. It does not mean should be posted in politics. The forum itself IS a political forum.

Just using a little more thought as to where one should place their new thread is all we ask. If the mods decide it should be moved then they should move it

As a country everything is politics these days, and that is the problem we have when discussing anything at all. Anything can and will be politicized by anything and everyone, that is not relevant to USMB and the mods moving a thread or not

I think people are just being stubborn on this, most people understand where to post they just post in politics when its a hot topic they want to get a lot of responses to. Most topics about global warming start in the environmental section even though it is also political.

Would you people who start threads on government healthcare and threads on Traynor Martin put them in the appropriate forums? For the last two days I've spent 75% of my time moving threads to the proper forums. Not everything is political!

Ahem

Neither is this.

This belongs in the General or Flame zone.

Or the Rubber room where all whiners belong.

As you were.

:tongue::lol:

For the LOVE of GOD, let's consider not stampede the board's threads based on what FOX NEWS has decided is the hot news story of the moment.

I know, I know, I'm wasting my time asking people to THINK for themselves instead of acting like a herd of skittery cows.

I totally understand that most of you count on some clever propagandist to tell you what you care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back