Federal judge stalls Obama's executive action on immigration

Any shut down would clearly be the fault of Obama and the Democrats. Everybody knows that.

Yeah! Everybody knows that!

Of course they know that. Obama is the lone wolf here. The other branch or houses are controlled by the republicans and everybody knows the republicans won the last election and they will be looking for the easiest person to blame and last I checked Obama was a lone wolf and always defiant of the other party and people know this. He's fucked and really bad at politics, but at this point his ego is inflated because he knows he's gone in a couple years anyways. If he cared about his own party they wouldn't have lost as badly as they did in the last election. You know the dems would have came out to vote. They didn't. The country is turning.

Absolutely! You are right. There is no chance that the American people are going to be fooled by this usurper again! No way.

The GOP will carry this super wave into 2016....and take more seats in the house and the senate! The writing is on the wall!!

Yup, Obama already sealed the deal on his entire party and the death of liberalism. I've been saying it for almost a year now. Last April. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. :) I'm a political genius. I can see way beyond the trees and past the forest in even the worst conditions.

I just wish the republicans weren't so fiscally clueless. If it was social issues and bringing sanity back to our nation...Well, I'd agree with you.

The good news is Obama is such an idiot, the republicans don't have to do a damn thing but just pass bills to Obama. Obama has gift wrapped his entire legacy to the GOP. They just have to reach out and take it.

keep-calm-and-fuck-off-were-full.png

There's always room for one more. It's like the GOP has something against minorities. Minorities come so close to joining our party and you just push them away. be a little more open minded. Thank you.

My kind of judge. Stick to protecting America while we prepare ourselves within

-Geaux
------------------

I hate using “breaking” in headlines because it’s such an overused link-bait tactic. But this really is breaking. I can’t find anything on the web other than Texas Governor Greg Abbot’s tweet, minutes ago:

CNS News reported earlier today:

A federal judge in Texas is expected to rule shortly on a lawsuit filed by 26 states asking him to declare President Obama’s executive amnesty unconstitutional under the “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under a six-page directive issued by Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson, DHS will start accepting applications under Obama’s expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program Wednesday unless U.S. District Court Judge Andrew Hanenissues a ruling blocking the department from proceeding.

During oral arguments on the case in his packed courtroom in January, Judge Hanen, a George W. Bush appointee, said that the Southern District of Texas was the ideal place to decide the executive amnesty issue because “talking to anyone in Brownsville about immigration is like talking to Noah about the flood.”

Breaking Federal Judge Grants Governor s Request To Stop Obama s Executive Amnesty Order Tea Party

Actually, it's kind of a stupid ruling? How is the judge going to make the INS go after these individuals specifically?

Here's the problem you guys don't get. We have anywhere from 11-20 undocumented people here. Yes, let's call them illegals to make you happy, but the vast majority of them are obeying the law and being productive.

We only have enough resources allocated to deport about 400,000 a year. That's the time to identify them, detain them, give them hearings and get their home countries to take them back.

So which 400,000 do you send back? The ones who are actually committing crimes or being bad actors, or the ones who came here as children, speak english, hold down jobs and go to school?

The ultimate question before the Court is: Do the laws of the United States, including the Constitution, give the Secretary of Homeland Security the power to take the action at issue in this case?

The Government has pointed this Court to no law that gives the DHS such wide-reaching discretion to turn 4.3 million individuals from one day being illegally in the country to the next day having lawful presence.

The DHS’ job is to enforce the laws Congress passes and the President signs (or at least does not veto). It has broad discretion to utilize when it is enforcing a law. Nevertheless, no statute gives the DHS the discretion it is trying to exercise here. 77 Thus, Defendants are without express authority to do so by law, especially since by Congressional Act, the DAPA recipients are illegally present in this country. As stated before, most, if not all, fall into one of two categories. They either illegally entered the country, or they entered legally and then overstayed their permission to stay. Under current law, regardless of the genesis of their illegality, the Government is charged with the duty of removing them.

Texas v. U.S. - Immigration Case - Temporary Injunction.pdf

Any shut down would clearly be the fault of Obama and the Democrats. Everybody knows that.

Yeah! Everybody knows that!
well, anybody who puts thought into it.

Simple...the house passed a bill allowing for DHS funding for everything but Obamas executive order. If Obama and the democrats think his executive order is more important than the rest of DHS, that is their choice.
Now, before you go into the whole.."it was a legal executive order...." and..."Bush had twice as many executive orders"....
I want you to think about one thing...

There are 3 social issues where the country is very divided....and such division is commonplace in a democracy...and it allows for debate...

they are..

1) Gay Marriage
2) abortion
3) Amnesty to undocumented immigrants

You tell me what executive order any present day president has executed that, for all intents and purposes, out an end to a robust debate over such an important issue as the above 3?

Likewise....how would you feel if a conservative president issued an executive order prohibiting all abortions...or prohibiting gay marriage in all states where it were legal...and overriding the will of those states?

So yeah...congress is doing their job...their constituents whom they represent do not want the executive order to be implemented...so they wrote legislation that ensures homeland security is properly funded to do the job it was designed to do.

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.

Congress will just defund DHS instead. Works for me

-Geaux
I wish it would not come down to de-funding DHS temporarily, in order to block Obumble's immigration EO(s), but...

When faced with Rule-by-Imperial-Decree, and when the Emperor issues decrees opposed to the Will of the Plebs, well...

Eventually, the Plebs find a way...

After which, they can turn the faucet back on, to release funding for DHS...

I watched the first hour of the "today show" and they mentioned this huge story for about 5 seconds!!! Obozo would have been gone long ago but he has our horrible press always on his side

We have laws written by congress that says illegals cannot live here or work here. Obama wants to nullify those laws!!! How can any judge allow that??

Yes indeed. The house passed a bill funding DHS except for amnesty. Then it went to the senate and the dems won't let it come up for a vote there.!!!! If the dems would allow a vote it would pass in the senate and go to obozo.

Forum List

Back