Federal judge dismisses lawsuit challenging DC noncitizen voting law

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Does American citizenship carry any unique value now? One might argue you have devalued your citizenship to such a degree that patriotism may be shunned, not celebrated. If citizens don't feel that their sacrifices have value, carrying the same weight as anyone who crosses into the U.S illegally and is NOT a citizen; you are almost by definition not a country anymore.

Am I right or am I wrong?

A federal judge on Thursday tossed a conservative legal group's lawsuit against a controversial Washington, D.C. law that allows noncitizens — including illegal immigrants and foreign embassy staff members — to vote in municipal elections.

In a 12-page opinion, Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the plaintiffs, a group of U.S. citizen voters represented by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), lacked standing to challenge the law because they could not demonstrate how they are harmed by noncitizens who vote and run for local office.

The complaint "does not include facts showing plaintiffs' right to vote has been denied, that they have been subjected to discrimination or inequitable treatment or denied opportunities when compared to another group, or that their rights as citizens have been ‘subordinated merely because of [their] father’s country of origin," Jackson wrote.

That's ok because president Trump is going to deport them... so voting will make it easier to find them...

If citizens don't feel that their sacrifices have value, carrying the same weight as anyone who crosses into the U.S illegally and is NOT a citizen; you are almost by definition not a country anymore.
By definition? I am not shocked that the canook makes stuff up. Where do we find this definition of yours? Which book, the book of canadian leadership hahahahahahahahaha.

Canada needs to pray that the USA is successful, Canada's economy depends on the USA. One can say, if it was not for the USA, Cananda would be no better than Mexico.

Canada is the USA's step child

Does American citizenship carry any unique value now? One might argue you have devalued your citizenship to such a degree that patriotism may be shunned, not celebrated. If citizens don't feel that their sacrifices have value, carrying the same weight as anyone who crosses into the U.S illegally and is NOT a citizen; you are almost by definition not a country anymore.

Am I right or am I wrong?

A federal judge on Thursday tossed a conservative legal group's lawsuit against a controversial Washington, D.C. law that allows noncitizens — including illegal immigrants and foreign embassy staff members — to vote in municipal elections.

In a 12-page opinion, Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the plaintiffs, a group of U.S. citizen voters represented by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), lacked standing to challenge the law because they could not demonstrate how they are harmed by noncitizens who vote and run for local office.

The complaint "does not include facts showing plaintiffs' right to vote has been denied, that they have been subjected to discrimination or inequitable treatment or denied opportunities when compared to another group, or that their rights as citizens have been ‘subordinated merely because of [their] father’s country of origin," Jackson wrote.
What the...?!

That's insane, the judge saying they had no standing. What..? People who have no right to vote or even be here are allowed to vote anyway..

That doesn't NULLIFY the legal citizens' votes? BS!

If that doesn't give the group "standing," I'd like to know what does..

This judge should not be a judge. She has let her political "feelings" over-ride her (once assumed [but no longer assumed]) respect for LAW

8k5x17.jpg

What the...?!

That's insane, the judge saying they had no standing. What..? People who have no right to vote or even be here are allowed to vote anyway..

That doesn't NULLIFY the legal citizens' votes? BS!

If that doesn't give the group "standing," I'd like to know what does..

This judge should not be a judge. She has let her political "feelings" over-ride her (once assumed [but no longer assumed]) respect for LAW
Which begs the question, who does have standing?

Well, there have been reports that 28,000 Chinese citizens entered the U.S illegally. They can now all move to a particular municipality and ensure a friendly, CCP candidate wins.

As I said, China is going to win, their intelligence agencies deserve a raise. What they have managed to succeed in doing, in causing harm to the U.S internally, is truly ground breaking.

Well, there have been reports that 28,000 Chinese citizens entered the U.S illegally. They can now all move to a particular municipality and ensure a friendly, CCP candidate wins.

As I said, China is going to win, their intelligence agencies deserve a raise. What they have managed to succeed in doing, in causing harm to the U.S internally, is truly ground breaking.
They couldn't do a damn thing w/o the help of the elites in this country

and that includes Rs or so called Rs

Reminds us of Jesus being told by Pilate: "Don't you know I have power of life or death over You?"

and Jesus said

You would have no power if it weren't given to you from Above

But is God going to protect the RINOs... not punish them...?

Forum List

Back