Federal judge stalls Obama's executive action on immigration

The judge is a hack. This won't hold. How does the court expect to enjoin the Executive on the setting of priorities for executive duties limited by Congressional control of spending? What a clusterfuck. What absurdity.

It seems that 21st century America has forgotten separation of powers, and replaced it with "Let's ask mommy to force daddy to give us what we want."

Meanwhile, the real solution to this problem is for Congress to pass real immigration reform, including criminalizing illegal presence, actually securing our border (preferably by putting our military there), fully funding as needed the efforts to deport illegals, and cracking down on businesses that employ illegal labor.

We have laws written by congress that says illegals cannot live here or work here. Obama wants to nullify those laws!!! How can any judge allow that??

The Federal Government has no jurisdiction over aliens - none - its ONLY jurisdiction over aliens is over those who have requested to be US Citizens pursuant to the Naturalization proviso pursuant to Article I, section 8, clause 4 .

The states as sovereign entities RETAINED the right to confer their jurisdiction upon whomsoever.

The right insists on loading the gun for the left. Apparently their supply of ammo matches their supply of stupidity and is endless.

It was pretty inevitable.

Laws passed by Congress require that illegal aliens be removed from the country.

Of course the Executive (President, ICE, etc.) can't do it all in ten minutes. So they have the authority to decide that these will be done first, and those done after them.

But they don't have the authority to announce that one group of illegal aliens will be allowed to stay with no date for deporting or hearings.

The judge merely pointed that out. And he declared Obama's plans to do exactly that, must be stopped until the Courts have a full chance to make their decision.

The judge was right. And Obama was wrong... again.

The Federal Government has no jurisdiction over aliens - none - its ONLY jurisdiction over aliens is over those who have requested to be US Citizens pursuant to the Naturalization proviso pursuant to Article I, section 8, clause 4 .

The states as sovereign entities RETAINED the right to confer their jurisdiction upon whomsoever.
The parts of the Constitution you quoted, give the Fed govt. that authority.

But if you want to talk about things the Fed govt doesn't have authority over, since they are not mentioned in the Constitution....

...try quoting the part of the Constitution that gives the Fed govt the authority to run health-insurance programs.

Or retirement programs.

Or to make laws about minimum wage.

Courts also have limited power to implement the decisions that they make. For example, if the president or another member of the executive branch chooses to ignore a ruling, there is very little that the federal courts can do about it.

For example, the Supreme Court ruled against the removal of the Cherokee from their native lands in 1831. President Andrew Jackson disagreed. He proceeded with the removal of the Cherokee, and the Supreme Court was powerless to enforce its decision.

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.

Congress will just defund DHS instead. Works for me

-Geaux
I wish it would not come down to de-funding DHS temporarily, in order to block Obumble's immigration EO(s), but...

When faced with Rule-by-Imperial-Decree, and when the Emperor issues decrees opposed to the Will of the Plebs, well...

Eventually, the Plebs find a way...

After which, they can turn the faucet back on, to release funding for DHS...

I've seen a lot of comment on the DHS funding bill, and want to comment on what the controversy is about.

The House has passed a DHS appropriation. The Senate has the votes to pass that same appropriation but not enough to override a filibuster by Democrats.

The reason the Democrats, as proxy for Obama, refuse to end the filibuster is because the appropriations bill passed by the House and with majority support in the Senate, does not allow any funds to be spent on the Obama EO.

This isn't any different from the old style budget fights we used to have. Congress used to micromanage the appropriations process. In fact, the reason we have too many post offices and weather stations is because various Administrations would request in the President's Budget their closure and Congress would put them back in.

In this case, Congress doesn't like (and it's a majority of both Houses, so it is Congress as an institution) a particular policy the Administration has proposed. So they refuse to fund it.

That's what separation of powers and Congress's power of the purse is all about.

Further, the hysteria regarding the "shutdown" of DHS during a time of international crisis is so overblown it's pathetic.

The shutdown criteria indicate that all functions regarding national security and the protection of life and property continue. Sure, paychecks may be delayed, but the functions will continue.

All that will happen is that some naturalizations will be delayed and some people seeking to change their immigration status will have to wait longer.

Better than overrunning the country with lawbreakers.

Any shut down would clearly be the fault of Obama and the Democrats. Everybody knows that.

Yeah! Everybody knows that!

Of course they know that. Obama is the lone wolf here. The other branch or houses are controlled by the republicans and everybody knows the republicans won the last election and they will be looking for the easiest person to blame and last I checked Obama was a lone wolf and always defiant of the other party and people know this. He's fucked and really bad at politics, but at this point his ego is inflated because he knows he's gone in a couple years anyways. If he cared about his own party they wouldn't have lost as badly as they did in the last election. You know the dems would have came out to vote. They didn't. The country is turning.

Absolutely! You are right. There is no chance that the American people are going to be fooled by this usurper again! No way.

The GOP will carry this super wave into 2016....and take more seats in the house and the senate! The writing is on the wall!!

Yup, Obama already sealed the deal on his entire party and the death of liberalism. I've been saying it for almost a year now. Last April. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. :) I'm a political genius. I can see way beyond the trees and past the forest in even the worst conditions.

why thats ....
mindblowing.gif

Courts also have limited power to implement the decisions that they make. For example, if the president or another member of the executive branch chooses to ignore a ruling, there is very little that the federal courts can do about it.

For example, the Supreme Court ruled against the removal of the Cherokee from their native lands in 1831. President Andrew Jackson disagreed. He proceeded with the removal of the Cherokee, and the Supreme Court was powerless to enforce its decision.

Obama needs money to fund USCIS to implement this misguided policy.

Congress HAS to appropriate it. God forbid Obama should start spending without Congressional authorization. That WILL get him impeached and very likely convicted.

Obama needs money to fund USCIS to implement this misguided policy.

Congress HAS to appropriate it. God forbid Obama should start spending without Congressional authorization. That WILL get him impeached and very likely convicted.

Obama will appeal the ruling. Congress must pass a specific bill to override an EO. The POTUS can veto that bill.

Obama will appeal the ruling. Congress must pass a specific bill to override an EO. The POTUS can veto that bill.

To whom will your god appeal this too?

He made his ruling on the pretense that his word is law - for any court to defy him is evidence that he is not the law unto himself. He has lost the second a court has authority over the decision.

To whom will your god appeal this too?

He made his ruling on the pretense that his word is law - for any court to defy him is evidence that he is not the law unto himself. He has lost the second a court has authority over the decision.

you're too stupid to understand legislation, explaining it to you is a waste of my time.

end of your story

you're too stupid to understand legislation, explaining it to you is a waste of my time.

end of your story

I see. So Obama created legislation, which you think is within the purvey of his executive powers?

Someone here is indeed stupid.

apparently you don't see .... try post #56 ... have your garbageman explain it to you.

Forum List

Back