Idiots want to laugh do ya?

bcj_logo.png

The Brennan Center’s seminal report on this issue, The Truth About Voter Fraud, found that most reported incidents of voter fraud are actually traceable to other sources, such as clerical errors or bad data matching practices. The report reviewed elections that had been meticulously studied for voter fraud, and found incident rates between 0.0003 percent and 0.0025 percent. Given this tiny incident rate for voter impersonation fraud, it is more likely, the report noted, that an American “will be struck by lightning than that he will impersonate another voter at the polls.”

Debunking the Voter Fraud Myth

Read the report.

Bullshit.

Report Exposes Brennan Center for Justice's Biased Reporting and Liberal Funding

New GroupSnoop.org Profile of the Brennan Center for Justice Released

Leading Opponent of Voter Integrity Measures is Financed By George Soros

Report Exposes Brennan Center for Justice's Biased Reporting and Liberal Funding

The Soros-funded Brennan Center for Justice released a report opposed to new laws needed to combat voter fraud:

Soros-Backed Voting Study Promoted By Soros-Funded Media

Too bad you are the one pushing bullshit.

And if it was such a problem, why are you only now saying something about it?

Where were these sentiments when he just did it?

You will get a Voter ID law implemented, the Republicans are going to make sure this happens and is enforced in ALL American States.

There is nothing wrong with having to show an ID in order to vote. You need ID to get a bank account, buy an auto, get a passport etc, so therefore there's nothing wrong with needing an ID to vote.

No ID = No Vote.

You will get a Voter ID law implemented, the Republicans are going to make sure this happens and is enforced in ALL American States.

There is nothing wrong with having to show an ID in order to vote. You need ID to get a bank account, buy an auto, get a passport etc, so therefore there's nothing wrong with needing an ID to vote.

No ID = No Vote.

I don't see it. Not based on the rationale presented by conservatives.

No ID = No Vote.

Conservatives support Voter ID, there is no rational reason why there should not be ID required to be able to vote. Why not say that people don't need to show ID to get a bank account or get a passport.

Voting data is private. Who a person voted for is private. That is no one's business but the voters. Collecting it all - including DL numbers and SS #'s into one huge poorly secured database is stupid. I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission.

No ID = No Vote.

Conservatives support Voter ID, there is no rational reason why there should not be ID required to be able to vote. Why not say that people don't need to show ID to get a bank account or get a passport.

Mainly because the reason for the need to get an ID to vote does not exist.

No ID = No Vote.

Mainly because the reason for the need to get an ID to vote does not exist.

The reason is to make sure people don't vote twice or be driven around to multiple voting stations so they can vote ten times, twenty times.

Why are Leftists so terrified of people having to show an ID to vote? Oh wait, hold on, we already know the answer to that.

Voting data is private. Who a person voted for is private. That is no one's business but the voters. Collecting it all - including DL numbers and SS #'s into one huge poorly secured database is stupid. I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission.

Medical records are private also, yet Governments can access them.

A person's medical history is far more important to keep private than who they voted for.

"I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission."

The motives would be to ensure every election is fair and that something nefarious hasn't happened, such as vote rigging via the same groups of people being allowed to vote multiple times because no ID needs to be shown.

Leftists know full well, if there are IDs required to vote and that law is enforced, they know they'll hardly win certain elections ever again, that's why Leftist Activists are so hysterical and fanatical about NOT supporting people having to have an ID to vote.

Medical records are private also, yet Governments can access them.

A person's medical history is far more important to keep private than who they voted for.

"I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission."

The motives would be to ensure every election is fair and that something nefarious hasn't happened, such as vote rigging via the same groups of people being allowed to vote multiple times because no ID needs to be shown.

Leftists know full well, if there are IDs required to vote and that law is enforced, they know they'll hardly win certain elections ever again, that's why Leftist Activists are so hysterical and fanatical about NOT supporting people having to have an ID to vote.

No. Governments can not access them legally without your permission in this country. I take privacy rights very seriously in this age of big data. Lucy, can you imagine how this kind of data could be used to go after people? We've already seen cases in NC and Texas where more general data on voters was used to deliberately disenfranchise groups. The courts have struck them down.

What if it was a leftist regime demanding all that voter data?

What if that central depository of data was hacked?

How might it be misused?

so a judge stopped people from allowing other people to commit crimes.

how the hell is enforcing the law a bad thing?

What crimes? Do you know what the ruling was?

What laws aren't being enforced?

This ruling does not compel states to turn over voter data.

From California's SOS:

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla released the following statement:

“United States District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly’s ruling clarified the Commission’s ‘request for information is just that—a request.’ The Commission has no independent authority to compel states to surrender voter data. Despite the ruling, Judge Kollar-Kotelly further cautioned the Commission’s request for voter data might still result in judicial review if circumstances related to the request change.

“The court’s ruling doesn’t change anything. While the commission is allowed to request the personal data of California voters, they cannot compel me to provide it. Let me reassure California voters: I will not provide the Commission with any personal voter data. Californians can be confident that when they register to vote or cast a ballot I will protect against presidential overreach and defend against any effort to compel my office to turn over their sensitive information.”

Showing ID to vote does NOT reveal who you voted for that's still private and you know damn well it is. Care to edit your post?

Showing ID to vote does NOT reveal who you voted for that's still private and you know damn well it is. Care to edit your post?
Read what I wrote.

Read what I wrote.

So we should continue to allow non citizens to vote in our elections what kind of solution is that? Your objections could easily be overcome, government accesses private citizen data every day there are safeguards in place and laws with prison time backing them up.

Read what I wrote.

So we should continue to allow non citizens to vote in our elections what kind of solution is that? Your objections could easily be overcome, government accesses private citizen data every day there are safeguards in place and laws with prison time backing them up.

There are other ways to accomplish cleaning up voter rolls.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if it was the Obama administration with a partisan committee demanding this info?

No thanks. Stuff has been proven to be far less secure then we think and no guarentee this information won't be used to deliberately harrass or disenfranchise legitimate voters. It's not like that hasn't been tried.

Read what I wrote.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if it was the Obama administration with a partisan committee demanding this info?

No thanks. Stuff has been proven to be far less secure then we think and no guarentee this information won't be used to deliberately harrass or disenfranchise legitimate voters. It's not like that hasn't been tried.

My name is not on my ballot, there is no way to determine who I voted for.

so we should end gun registration as it is a list just like the one you are against.

What does voter ID have to do with the Federal Government wanting to be a repository for voter's personal data?

Right now the fact that the data resides consolidate at the state level is insecure enough. Why compound it by consolidating all 50 state's data in a single location?

Read what I wrote.

My name is not on my ballot, there is no way to determine who I voted for.

In a closed primary it's pretty easy to suss out.

ONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A federal judge on Monday cleared the way for President Donald Trump's commission on election fraud to resume collecting detailed voter roll information from the states.

sweet

Read what I wrote.

The only way to do it is in reverse. Give the states Social Security data so they can filter it down to individual counties. Only the counties have all the information to truly be able to determine if it is the same voter.

Forum List

Back