ONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A federal judge on Monday cleared the way for President Donald Trump's commission on election fraud to resume collecting detailed voter roll information from the states.

sweet

“United States District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly’s ruling clarified the Commission’s ‘request for information is just that—a request.’ The Commission has no independent authority to compel states to surrender voter data. Despite the ruling,Judge Kollar-Kotelly further cautioned the Commission’srequest for voter data might still result in judicial review if circumstances related to the request change.

Voting data is private. Who a person voted for is private. That is no one's business but the voters. Collecting it all - including DL numbers and SS #'s into one huge poorly secured database is stupid. I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission.
so we should end gun registration as it is a list just like the one you are against.

No, it isn't.

Let me help you with this.

Why did Barak Obama tell America Russia Couldn't Hack Our Election?
It's probably the only time in his miserable political career he told The Truth.

The Democrats are running scared from Trump shining a big light on their illegal voter base (dead people voting, illegal immigrants voting, people voting multiple times at different locations, etc.). This is a great day for America!
It is funny how you tards keep parroting this bogus meme you were given by your masters. :lol:

Democrats, eh?

44 states won't give some voter info to panel - CNNPolitics.com

Mississippi's Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, also a Republican, took the criticism a step further.
"My reply would be: They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico, and Mississippi is a great state to launch from," Hosemann said in a statementFriday. "Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our state's right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes."

Let me help you with this.

Why did Barak Obama tell America Russia Couldn't Hack Our Election?
It's probably the only time in his miserable political career he told The Truth.
Obama did not say they couldn't. He said he had taken measures to stop them and that they hadn't.

The context was with respect to our voter databases, not about the other meddling they were doing.

Retard.

Judge clears way for Trump commission to collect voter data

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A federal judge on Monday cleared the way for President Donald Trump's commission on election fraud to resume collecting detailed voter roll information from the states.

The commission asked states last month to provide publicly available data including registered voters' names, birth dates and partial Social Security numbers, but it later told them to hold off until a judge ruled on a lawsuit filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Center in Washington.

U.S. District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, in the District of Columbia, denied the advocacy group's request to block the data collection in a ruling that commission vice chairman Kris Kobach called "a major victory for government accountability, transparency and the public's right to know about the integrity of our elections processes."

"The commission requested this publicly available data as part of its fact-gathering process, which is information that states regularly release to political candidates, political parties and the general public," said Kobach, the Republican secretary of state in Kansas. "We look forward to continuing to work with state election leaders to gather information and identify opportunities to improve election integrity."

The privacy group had argued that the commission should have completed an assessment of privacy concerns before making the request. The judge found that the group had standing to make that argument but said the commission is not an agency and therefore is not required to do such assessments. The judge also found the group failed to show that its members would be harmed by the data collection.

"The only practical harm the plaintiff's advisory board members would suffer ... is that their already publicly available information would be rendered more easily accessible by virtue of its consolidation on the computer systems that would ultimately receive this information on behalf of the commission," the judge said...

The Democrats are running scared from Trump shining a big light on their illegal voter base (dead people voting, illegal immigrants voting, people voting multiple times at different locations, etc.). This is a great day for America!
You deliberately left out the last sentence. What a hack piece of shit you are.
She did not say that any states must comply with the commission's request.

Voting data is private. Who a person voted for is private. That is no one's business but the voters. Collecting it all - including DL numbers and SS #'s into one huge poorly secured database is stupid. I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission.

Showing ID to vote does NOT reveal who you voted for that's still private and you know damn well it is. Care to edit your post?
Read what I wrote.

So we should continue to allow non citizens to vote in our elections what kind of solution is that? Your objections could easily be overcome, government accesses private citizen data every day there are safeguards in place and laws with prison time backing them up.

There are other ways to accomplish cleaning up voter rolls.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if it was the Obama administration with a partisan committee demanding this info?

No thanks. Stuff has been proven to be far less secure then we think and no guarentee this information won't be used to deliberately harrass or disenfranchise legitimate voters. It's not like that hasn't been tried.

The only way to do it is in reverse. Give the states Social Security data so they can filter it down to individual counties. Only the counties have all the information to truly be able to determine if it is the same voter.

I really think that's the most secure way to do it.

You have to ask yourself why in the world a federal judge would want to hide voter data especially during a time in history when angry democrats are smashing windows and torching cars and threatening the life of the President in order to voice their displeasure about the election. What would prompt a federal judge to withhold data relating to elections when angry democrats are clamoring about an investigation related to alleged tampering with the electoral system? We know for a fact that Barry Hussein used the IRS to intimidate political enemies and he issued a rarely used "executive privilege" order to keep his IRS chief from testifying in a congressional investigation (zero outrage in the media). That alone would have brought down the Nixon administration. My guess is that the angry incoherent left has painted itself into a corner and sooner or later the investigation will focus on Barry Hussein and Hillary.

Trump called the Democrat's bluff. There will now be a large-scale Voter Fraud investigation. Democrats have repeatedly made the claim that there is no Voter Fraud. So I guess we'll find out.

What's It Like to Be a Democrat on Trump's Voter-Fraud Commission?

A similar commission in Maine, led by Republicans, came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents. And that commission recommended against it. I’d like to bring that to this commission.

Showing ID to vote does NOT reveal who you voted for that's still private and you know damn well it is. Care to edit your post?
Read what I wrote.

So we should continue to allow non citizens to vote in our elections what kind of solution is that? Your objections could easily be overcome, government accesses private citizen data every day there are safeguards in place and laws with prison time backing them up.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if it was the Obama administration with a partisan committee demanding this info?

No thanks. Stuff has been proven to be far less secure then we think and no guarentee this information won't be used to deliberately harrass or disenfranchise legitimate voters. It's not like that hasn't been tried.

The only way to do it is in reverse. Give the states Social Security data so they can filter it down to individual counties. Only the counties have all the information to truly be able to determine if it is the same voter.

Considering all Intelligence Agencies have been given the right to if they want read an entire populations emails and ask ISPs to hand personal information to them and considering the same for Facebook and Twitter, as that is a mega violation of personal privacy then why are Leftists NOT concerned with all of THAT but are getting hysterical about the voting information being asked for by a Government?

A similar commission in Maine, led by Republicans, came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents. And that commission recommended against it. I’d like to bring that to this commission.

"came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents."

What nonsense and a pathetic excuse, most of those people will have an auto and also a bank account of some type, both things that people need to produce an ID for, so they would already have identity documents....again ONLY Leftists are terrified of their main voting blocks to have to produce an ID to vote and people know why ONLY Leftists are terrified of this.

Read what I wrote.

Considering all Intelligence Agencies have been given the right to if they want read an entire populations emails and ask ISPs to hand personal information to them and considering the same for Facebook and Twitter, as that is a mega violation of personal privacy then why are Leftists NOT concerned with all of THAT but are getting hysterical about the voting information being asked for by a Government?

I'm concerned with ALL of it to be honest, but there are a lot of laws in place to limit it. I'm much more concerned with voter data being placed in one big central repository that is poorly secured - it's not under NSA or other agencies but private hands. The committee is also highly partisan and political - what will they try to do with voter data? Don't you think it's a bit worrisome?

Judge clears way for Trump commission to collect voter data

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A federal judge on Monday cleared the way for President Donald Trump's commission on election fraud to resume collecting detailed voter roll information from the states.

The commission asked states last month to provide publicly available data including registered voters' names, birth dates and partial Social Security numbers, but it later told them to hold off until a judge ruled on a lawsuit filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Center in Washington.

U.S. District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, in the District of Columbia, denied the advocacy group's request to block the data collection in a ruling that commission vice chairman Kris Kobach called "a major victory for government accountability, transparency and the public's right to know about the integrity of our elections processes."

"The commission requested this publicly available data as part of its fact-gathering process, which is information that states regularly release to political candidates, political parties and the general public," said Kobach, the Republican secretary of state in Kansas. "We look forward to continuing to work with state election leaders to gather information and identify opportunities to improve election integrity."

The privacy group had argued that the commission should have completed an assessment of privacy concerns before making the request. The judge found that the group had standing to make that argument but said the commission is not an agency and therefore is not required to do such assessments. The judge also found the group failed to show that its members would be harmed by the data collection.

"The only practical harm the plaintiff's advisory board members would suffer ... is that their already publicly available information would be rendered more easily accessible by virtue of its consolidation on the computer systems that would ultimately receive this information on behalf of the commission," the judge said...

Trump already chased away many illegals from voting, if Dems lose the non-living, turn out the LEDs

I'm concerned with ALL of it to be honest, but there are a lot of laws in place to limit it. I'm much more concerned with voter data being placed in one big central repository that is poorly secured - it's not under NSA or other agencies but private hands. The committee is also highly partisan and political - what will they try to do with voter data? Don't you think it's a bit worrisome?

Why would you trust the NSA, considering they've already been caught abusing their mandate with the illegal wiretapping both within America and also outside of America, Obama gave the NSA the go ahead to illegally spy on American citizens yet you trust the NSA with voting data?

"came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents."

What nonsense and a pathetic excuse, most of those people will have an auto and also a bank account of some type, both things that people need to produce an ID for, so they would already have identity documents....again ONLY Leftists are terrified of their main voting blocks to have to produce an ID to vote and people know why ONLY Leftists are terrified of this.

It's not a pathetic excuse - it's the finding of the commission who studied this. Not to mention, electoral officials, countless commissions and investigations have repeatedly concluded there is no evidence of wide spread in person voter fraud. If you weigh that against the potential impact on voters and you come out with a greater number of people likely to be unable to excersize their right compared to the number of illegal votes stopped - don't you think that should be considered? Add to that - we already know that NC was deliberately targeting minority voters in it's restrictive voter ID laws which included altering poll times, closing locations etc. So - pardon me Lucy but I'm very skeptical of this commission's agenda and ability and WILL to keep confidential information confidential.:eusa_naughty:

Why would you trust the NSA, considering they've already been caught abusing their mandate with the illegal wiretapping both within America and also outside of America, Obama gave the NSA the go ahead to illegally spy on American citizens yet you trust the NSA with voting data?

I'm not sure I'd "trust them" but they are better equipt to keep hackers from getting in.

Forum List

Back