When is Trump going to realize he won the EC, wake him up!!! He must be in shock, disbelief etc.

We need to do something about voter suppression and change gerrymandering laws. If we had a real committee and not one run by a GOP who had to pay a fine for voter suppression in his state, a bipartisan panel, we may find out Trump didn't win the EC due to election fraud. Then we have Georgia, which does not have paper back ups, what are they going to do if needing a recount??

The best and safest way to protect that data is to maintain it in all it's seperate state locations - that means if someone wanted to hack data they'd have to hack hundreds of locations, not one.

What's It Like to Be a Democrat on Trump's Voter-Fraud Commission?

A similar commission in Maine, led by Republicans, came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents. And that commission recommended against it. I’d like to bring that to this commission.

"came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents."

What nonsense and a pathetic excuse, most of those people will have an auto and also a bank account of some type, both things that people need to produce an ID for, so they would already have identity documents....again ONLY Leftists are terrified of their main voting blocks to have to produce an ID to vote and people know why ONLY Leftists are terrified of this.

It's not a pathetic excuse - it's the finding of the commission who studied this. Not to mention, electoral officials, countless commissions and investigations have repeatedly concluded there is no evidence of wide spread in person voter fraud. If you weigh that against the potential impact on voters and you come out with a greater number of people likely to be unable to excersize their right compared to the number of illegal votes stopped - don't you think that should be considered? Add to that - we already know that NC was deliberately targeting minority voters in it's restrictive voter ID laws which included altering poll times, closing locations etc. So - pardon me Lucy but I'm very skeptical of this commission's agenda and ability and WILL to keep confidential information confidential.:eusa_naughty:

Well the easiest solution to preventing en masse vote rigging is to just cancel all elections and have the best type of Government and that's a Totalitarian Dictatorship :smoke: :thewave:

A similar commission in Maine, led by Republicans, came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents. And that commission recommended against it. I’d like to bring that to this commission.

"came out with a report that said the amount of additional security that a voter ID law would provide would be completely and overwhelmingly offset by the number of people who would be disenfranchised because they didn’t have access to identity documents."

What nonsense and a pathetic excuse, most of those people will have an auto and also a bank account of some type, both things that people need to produce an ID for, so they would already have identity documents....again ONLY Leftists are terrified of their main voting blocks to have to produce an ID to vote and people know why ONLY Leftists are terrified of this.

It's not a pathetic excuse - it's the finding of the commission who studied this. Not to mention, electoral officials, countless commissions and investigations have repeatedly concluded there is no evidence of wide spread in person voter fraud. If you weigh that against the potential impact on voters and you come out with a greater number of people likely to be unable to excersize their right compared to the number of illegal votes stopped - don't you think that should be considered? Add to that - we already know that NC was deliberately targeting minority voters in it's restrictive voter ID laws which included altering poll times, closing locations etc. So - pardon me Lucy but I'm very skeptical of this commission's agenda and ability and WILL to keep confidential information confidential.:eusa_naughty:

Well the easiest solution to preventing en masse vote rigging is to just cancel all elections and have the best type of Government and that's a Totalitarian Dictatorship :smoke: :thewave:
Or just implement Voter ID like all the other Democracies in The World!

The only way to do it is in reverse. Give the states Social Security data so they can filter it down to individual counties. Only the counties have all the information to truly be able to determine if it is the same voter.

I really think that's the most secure way to do it.

Considering all Intelligence Agencies have been given the right to if they want read an entire populations emails and ask ISPs to hand personal information to them and considering the same for Facebook and Twitter, as that is a mega violation of personal privacy then why are Leftists NOT concerned with all of THAT but are getting hysterical about the voting information being asked for by a Government?

I'm concerned with ALL of it to be honest, but there are a lot of laws in place to limit it. I'm much more concerned with voter data being placed in one big central repository that is poorly secured - it's not under NSA or other agencies but private hands. The committee is also highly partisan and political - what will they try to do with voter data? Don't you think it's a bit worrisome?

Why would you trust the NSA, considering they've already been caught abusing their mandate with the illegal wiretapping both within America and also outside of America, Obama gave the NSA the go ahead to illegally spy on American citizens yet you trust the NSA with voting data?

I'm not sure I'd "trust them" but they are better equipt to keep hackers from getting in.

Except if they themselves are the hackers.

How shall I answer this......:eusa_think:

:haha:

Showing ID to vote does NOT reveal who you voted for that's still private and you know damn well it is. Care to edit your post?
Read what I wrote.

So we should continue to allow non citizens to vote in our elections what kind of solution is that? Your objections could easily be overcome, government accesses private citizen data every day there are safeguards in place and laws with prison time backing them up.

There are other ways to accomplish cleaning up voter rolls.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if it was the Obama administration with a partisan committee demanding this info?

No thanks. Stuff has been proven to be far less secure then we think and no guarentee this information won't be used to deliberately harrass or disenfranchise legitimate voters. It's not like that hasn't been tried.

The only way to do it is in reverse. Give the states Social Security data so they can filter it down to individual counties. Only the counties have all the information to truly be able to determine if it is the same voter.

The states are even more corrupt than the federal government, bad idea. Plus a bunch of morons work in State government.

So we should continue to allow non citizens to vote in our elections what kind of solution is that? Your objections could easily be overcome, government accesses private citizen data every day there are safeguards in place and laws with prison time backing them up.

There are other ways to accomplish cleaning up voter rolls.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if it was the Obama administration with a partisan committee demanding this info?

No thanks. Stuff has been proven to be far less secure then we think and no guarentee this information won't be used to deliberately harrass or disenfranchise legitimate voters. It's not like that hasn't been tried.

Considering all Intelligence Agencies have been given the right to if they want read an entire populations emails and ask ISPs to hand personal information to them and considering the same for Facebook and Twitter, as that is a mega violation of personal privacy then why are Leftists NOT concerned with all of THAT but are getting hysterical about the voting information being asked for by a Government?

I'm concerned with ALL of it to be honest, but there are a lot of laws in place to limit it. I'm much more concerned with voter data being placed in one big central repository that is poorly secured - it's not under NSA or other agencies but private hands. The committee is also highly partisan and political - what will they try to do with voter data? Don't you think it's a bit worrisome?

I say subcontract this out to a private audit firm. Government couldn't even build a website that worked after spending a billion freaking dollars. SOS's using unsecure email servers, DNC hacked, I wouldn't hire them to host a blog.

Voting data is private. Who a person voted for is private. That is no one's business but the voters. Collecting it all - including DL numbers and SS #'s into one huge poorly secured database is stupid. I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission.
so we should end gun registration as it is a list just like the one you are against.

No, it isn't.
you're claiming one is an invasion of privacy, just like the other one is, but it's magically different since

well since leftism is a mental handicap.

Voting data is private. Who a person voted for is private. That is no one's business but the voters. Collecting it all - including DL numbers and SS #'s into one huge poorly secured database is stupid. I question the motivations of those collecting the data since it's a strictly partisan commission.
so we should end gun registration as it is a list just like the one you are against.

No, it isn't.
you're claiming one is an invasion of privacy, just like the other one is, but it's magically different since

Is gun registration being collected on a federal level by a partisan group with private info to be kept in a personal database and used for political purposes? If so - I'd have issues with it.

No, it isn't.

Is gun registration being collected on a federal level by a partisan group with private info to be kept in a personal database and used for political purposes? If so - I'd have issues with it.

No, it isn't.

uhm, yea, it is and has ben for some time.

recall that the addresses of owners were published in the papers.

No, it isn't.

Link?

And that was ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

No, it isn't.

Link?

No, it isn't.

Link?

Newspaper Posts Gun Owners' Names

and there were multiple threads on it, and no, you didn't come out as against it, none of the leftist did.

No, it isn't.

Link?

and there were multiple threads on it, and no, you didn't come out as against it, none of the leftist did.

Hard to come out against something you didn't see isn't it?

No. It's wrong. Publishing private information is wrong.

I recall one locale published the names of people who had had abortions. That too is wrong.

It's all wrong.

Including collecting and the private information of voters. Or - do you (ie the RIGHT) think that is ok?

Link?

I recall one locale published the names of people who had had abortions. That too is wrong.

It's all wrong.

Including collecting and the private information of voters. Or - do you (ie the RIGHT) think that is ok?
collecting info to stop crime is wrong?

Link?

It's all wrong.

Are you suggesting that collecting and publishing info on gun owners as a way to stop crime is acceptable?

Link?

It's all wrong.

Are you suggesting that collecting and publishing info on gun owners as a way to stop crime is acceptable?
of course not.

Forum List

Back