"Faith alone saves" is almost as bad as "There is no God".

Both ideas get you out of facing judgment for your sins.
You got it
No, being an atheist does not get one out of judgement.

Of course, many atheists exhibit more moral behavior then many Christians and in that case it bodes well in the day of judgement for atheists.

Christians, thanks to JESUS, pass through judgement because he paid for their sins on the Cross.
Christians, thanks to JESUS, pass through judgement because he paid for their sins on the Cross.
dream on snowflake, the ones you commit are your own.

"Faith alone saves" is almost as bad as "There is no God".

no almost about it ...

Hopefully you will see the Light someday. I do admit, however, that the logical mind cannot comprehend the Goodness of God.

A well known verse, but it says it all

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
really -

View attachment 372058

not sure those people got the message ... whatever happened to them, who the religious itinerant was given to.

* they wrote a book in the 4th century and included your forged quote.

Nice try...... but the promise of a Savior goes back to the Very Beginning of the OLD Testament.

Isaiah, a prophet who spoke about 700 years before the Birth of Christ, made it clear.

Chapter 53:

4 Surely He has borne our [g]griefs
And carried our [h]sorrows;
Yet we [i]esteemed Him stricken,
[j]Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded[k] for our transgressions,
He was [l]bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes[m] we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
8 He was taken from [o]prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
11 [r]He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the [s]spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.
Nice try...... but the promise of a Savior goes back to the Very Beginning of the OLD Testament.
wrong book, your quote was written for the religion of the roman empire.

you did not answer the question - did you bring justice for the persecution of an innocent person ...

The Roman Empire persecuted Christians from the Crucifixion of JESUS until the conversion of the Roman Empire Constantine around 312 AD. The Biblical Stories hardly embellished the Romans or their government so to say they wrote the New Testament is quite a stretch. More likely, they burned earlier versions of the scriptures by the hundreds.

I'm not sure what you mean by "... justice for the persecution of an innocent person ..." JESUS went willing to the Cross as the Lamb of God and of course was "innocent" But you and I are not innocent by God's Standards
and Jesus took our punishment upon Himself!
The Biblical Stories hardly embellished the Romans or their government so to say they wrote the New Testament is quite a stretch.
not really, piolate was given a saving grace -

the christian bible was written by the crucifiers in resurgence against the religion of antiquity for their purpose as the religion of the roman empire.

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

the persecutions from the 1st century to the 4th were for the events of the 1st century liberation theology, the resurrection of the religion of antiquity the personal and global triumph over evil for admission to the Everlasting, not a worshiping of a messiah that became the final betrayal of the roman religion.

You wrote "by their merits and example they may become sinless"........Impossible, we all need JESUS.
there is a point in time for the evaluation to be one or the other or something inbetween for spiritual admission to the Everlasting, there is only one choice - not yours.

the religion of antiquity as prescribed by the Almighty - the triumph of good vs evil - is all there is as the final goal and most likely required for all humanity not just the individual.

there is no religion in the christian bible, the desert religions they have all three abandoned for their own motivations and self reward, they are documents for sinners. no "we" about it.

I've shared this before on previous threads on this topic… But I'll go ahead and share it again. Here's a video I made 6 years ago on this topic.

Excellent, thanks for sharing

Thanks! Your laughing emoji response made me think that you didn't like it, but thanks again.

The " laughing emoji" was me hitting the wrong button. I apologize for my mistake.

YES, there is only salvation in GRACE, Thank you Jesus.

I've shared this before on previous threads on this topic… But I'll go ahead and share it again. Here's a video I made 6 years ago on this topic.

Excellent, thanks for sharing

Thanks! Your laughing emoji response made me think that you didn't like it, but thanks again.

The " laughing emoji" was me hitting the wrong button. I apologize for my mistake.

YES, there is only salvation in GRACE, Thank you Jesus.

Like a good American, you follow a Jew.

Forum List

Back