"Faith alone saves" is almost as bad as "There is no God".

Both ideas get you out of facing judgment for your sins.

I have to admit, I've never heard that saying. I'd have to disagree with it also. After all, what is Faith unless someone follows it's tenets?

It's akin to someone "identifying as something" which they aren't. Sure you can have faith that you are 7 feet tall, but you aren't going to be playing in the NBA any time soon when in reality you're 5'2.

Had the thief on the cross been able to live a full life AFTER that encounter, he'd have to have produced some work.

His heart was pure when he beseeched Christ.

Jesus said "go and sin no more."

Guess what....that's works.

Again, faith without works, is dead.

Works are the "fruit" of salvation, not the means of salvation. We can NEVER merit salvation by our own works, that is the whole point. If we could, there would be no need for Jesus.

Works are the "fruit" of salvation, not the means of salvation. We can NEVER merit salvation by our own works, that is the whole point. If we could, there would be no need for Jesus.
works are the fruits for admission to the Everlasting -

wake up butercup there is no santa clause or your madeup 4th century messiah, the 1st century was in fact liberation theology for spiritual self determination - the reason the crucifixion occurred.

Jesus' parables make it clear that more than faith is required for salvation.

Also, Epistle of James.

Also, Paul's teaching about the importance of love.

Well no. Denying the existence of G-d, will not get you out of facing judgement for sins.

That's like saying, if I deny rain exists, then I'll get out of getting wet when I'm outside during a storm.

Denying something exists, does not result in it not existing.

Further, faith alone, is in reference to a specific set of doctrines that you had to engaging in certain actions to reach Heaven. You had to do the prayers, and wear the beads, and walk the steps, and all these crazy nonsense.

However, while rejecting the concept that you had to engage in these "holy" activities, does not mean you can continue to live a horrific life. You must repent of your sins.

Repenting can be a short process, or a long process. For example, if you stole money, you go and return the money. Repenting can take 10 minutes. On the other hand, changing your language and cleaning up your speech, can take years.

So it's not quiet so simply as "I believe" and that's it. Little more to it.

Well no. Denying the existence of G-d, will not get you out of facing judgement for sins.

That's like saying, if I deny rain exists, then I'll get out of getting wet when I'm outside during a storm.

Further, faith alone, is in reference to a specific set of doctrines that you had to engaging in certain actions to reach Heaven. You had to do the prayers, and wear the beads, and walk the steps, and all these crazy nonsense.

However, while rejecting the concept that you had to engage in these "holy" activities, does not mean you can continue to live a horrific life. You must repent of your sins.

Repenting can be a short process, or a long process. For example, if you stole money, you go and return the money. Repenting can take 10 minutes. On the other hand, changing your language and cleaning up your speech, can take years.

You're bootstrapping good works, saying that faith includes the command to do good works.

I don't believe that is the teaching of the Protestant Reformers.

You're bootstrapping good works, saying that faith includes the command to do good works.

I don't believe that is the teaching of the Protestant Reformers.

I don't care what the protestant reformers said.

The Bible is my only authority.

Faith without works is dead.

That doesn't mean salvation requires works. But if you show no works, do you have salvation?

It's like getting married, and never kissing, or telling your wife that you love her. If you live that way, you won't be married long. Your "love" has to have some sort of real life expression.

Forum List

Back