The facts are Genesis tells us that.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation
You can assume stuff - but without basis in Torah, they're just words of a mortal at the least,
and certainly do not suffice the discussion framework at hand as - "FACTS of Judaism".

I’m not assuming anything. It’s all in black and white.

The fact that you can’t summarize what genesis tells us tells me you don’t understand it at all.

That's just repeating what you've already claimed before ad nauseam ,
without providing actual reference, and totally neglecting my remarks pointing to the inconsistency with text.

If you can't admit, so be it, but either respectfully leave - or be so kind to follow the topic.

Again this thread is not about what you may or may not personally understand -
rather the original perspective of Judaism on these issues.
How many times do I have to tell you the reference is Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of Genesis?

Which one of my points can’t you find the reference to?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn’t tell us that God created everything?

Are you arguing that everything God created wasn’t good?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn’t tell us that man is a product of that creation?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn’t tell us that creation was created in steps?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn't tell us that man is different than God’s other creatures?

Are you arguing that man wasn’t told to go forth and be fruitful?

What exactly are you arguing?

Post #679
Either reconcile the contradictions in your claims quoting the text.,
or have the integrity to admit those are just baseless opinions - if can neither stop trolling.
There are no contradictions. I will tell you the same thing I just told mindful, summarize what you think Genesis tells us and then we can reconcile the differences. Because it makes no sense at all for me to guess what I am supposed to be reconciling it to.

Until you provide your summary, all you have are unsubstantiated accusations.

Genesis tells us, in part....

1. God created existence
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
That summery seems lacking, a lot.
And overly simplistic.

1. God created existence
G-d existed before He created.
As far as I know, Genesis doesn't say "G-d created existence".

Where does the knowledge of bad fit then?

Not so precise - animals, to their extent, know as well.
You've missed man speaks.

Verse?

Not exactly, man knows good an bad.

Where did that come from? Verse?
Adam tried to rationalized, but he didn't deny he did "wrong".

Again, that summery is superficial,
it's like you've tried on purpose to empty it of all essence.
It’s a summary. It’s supposed to be short and concise. Feel free to add to it if you think it is lacking. I doubt you can.

God created our existence. It’s in the Torah as the account of creation. You may have heard about it.

Of course God existed before he created our existence. God is eternal and unchanging.

Our existence was created ~14 billion years ago when God willed it into existence. You may have heard about it. It’s been in all the science journals and some ancient men knew about it over 6,000 years ago and passed the account down orally for thousands of years from generation to generation until it was recorded in writing by Moses.

Bad or evil so to speak are not extant. They only exist in relation to good and right. In other words, bad is the absence of good and wrong is the absence of right. Everything God created is good. Ancient man knew this over 6,000 years ago and it eventually got written down. Maybe you have read it.

Arguing that man is not set apart from the animal kingdom will be a losing argument. Man is the only animal that has knowledge of good and evil. Ancient man knew this over 6,000 years ago and it eventually got written down. Maybe you have read it.

The sheep does not think the wolf is evil for eating her lamb.

Again, look at the title of the thread what does it say? - FACTS

I see you couldn't provide the verses to confirm your claims,
and rather avoided with more assumptions and logical fallacies without basis in text.

You see the thread is not about what you may think about Judaism or Torah,
rather FACTS. Why am I repeating this? Because one fundamental principle of Judaism is that man's words and beliefs are worthless without ability to back them directly in the text.

You can assume stuff - but without basis in Torah, they're just words of a mortal at the least,
and certainly do not suffice the discussion framework at hand as - "FACTS of Judaism".
I believe the original meaning was lost through time because you sure don’t seem to be able to summarize it like I have.

Apparently you don’t even realize the Torah starts from the belief that God created everything which includes the universe.

Actually no, Torah doesn't start from any belief.
Torah specifically prescribes the commandment to know G-d. as Rambam summarizes:

• "The foundation of all foundations and the pillar of wisdom is to know that there is a Primary Being who brought into being all existence...."
Following with
  • "The knowledge of this concept is a positive commandment, as [implied by Exodus 20:2]: "I am G-d, your Lord...." Anyone who presumes that there is another god transgresses a negative commandment, as [Exodus 20:3] states: "You shall have no other gods before Me" and denies a fundamental principle, because this is the great principle upon which all depends."

The knowledge
    of this concept fulfills a positive commandment, as [implied by Deuteronomy 6:4]: "Hear, Israel, G-d is our Lord, G-d is One."
And most importantly:
  • Behold, it is explicitly stated in the Torah and [the works of] the prophets that the Holy One, blessed be He, is not a body or physical form, as [Deuteronomy 4:39] states: "Because G-d, your Lord, is the Lord in the heavens above and the earth below," and a body cannot exist in two places.

You just proved my point that the Torah starts with the belief that God created everything.

You do realize what start means, right? Go to the start of the Torah and read it’s first verse.

you do realize that when you wrote that there is a Primary Being who brought into being all existence...." that that means God created everything, right?

Are you reading from the King James' Bible? Or The Torah?

Tell you what, you summarize what the Torah says and then compare it to what I wrote and answer that for yourself.

don’t elevate a book above God.

Oh dear. I see.

You don't read Hebrew then?

1. God created existence
And overly simplistic.

1. God created existence

Verse?

It’s a summary. It’s supposed to be short and concise. Feel free to add to it if you think it is lacking. I doubt you can.

God created our existence. It’s in the Torah as the account of creation. You may have heard about it.

Of course God existed before he created our existence. God is eternal and unchanging.

Our existence was created ~14 billion years ago when God willed it into existence. You may have heard about it. It’s been in all the science journals and some ancient men knew about it over 6,000 years ago and passed the account down orally for thousands of years from generation to generation until it was recorded in writing by Moses.

Bad or evil so to speak are not extant. They only exist in relation to good and right. In other words, bad is the absence of good and wrong is the absence of right. Everything God created is good. Ancient man knew this over 6,000 years ago and it eventually got written down. Maybe you have read it.

Arguing that man is not set apart from the animal kingdom will be a losing argument. Man is the only animal that has knowledge of good and evil. Ancient man knew this over 6,000 years ago and it eventually got written down. Maybe you have read it.

and rather avoided with more assumptions and logical fallacies without basis in text.

rather FACTS. Why am I repeating this? Because one fundamental principle of Judaism is that man's words and beliefs are worthless without ability to back them directly in the text.

I believe the original meaning was lost through time because you sure don’t seem to be able to summarize it like I have.

Apparently you don’t even realize the Torah starts from the belief that God created everything which includes the universe.

Torah specifically prescribes the commandment to know G-d. as Rambam summarizes:

• "The foundation of all foundations and the pillar of wisdom is to know that there is a Primary Being who brought into being all existence...."
Following with
  • "The knowledge of this concept is a positive commandment, as [implied by Exodus 20:2]: "I am G-d, your Lord...." Anyone who presumes that there is another god transgresses a negative commandment, as [Exodus 20:3] states: "You shall have no other gods before Me" and denies a fundamental principle, because this is the great principle upon which all depends."

The knowledge
    of this concept fulfills a positive commandment, as [implied by Deuteronomy 6:4]: "Hear, Israel, G-d is our Lord, G-d is One."
And most importantly:
  • Behold, it is explicitly stated in the Torah and [the works of] the prophets that the Holy One, blessed be He, is not a body or physical form, as [Deuteronomy 4:39] states: "Because G-d, your Lord, is the Lord in the heavens above and the earth below," and a body cannot exist in two places.

You just proved my point that the Torah starts with the belief that God created everything.

You do realize what start means, right? Go to the start of the Torah and read it’s first verse.

you do realize that when you wrote that there is a Primary Being who brought into being all existence...." that that means God created everything, right?

Tell you what, you summarize what the Torah says and then compare it to what I wrote and answer that for yourself.

Oh dear. I see.

Apparently you don’t read English. Let me know when you have provided your summary.

1. God created existence
And overly simplistic.

1. God created existence

Verse?

Following with

The knowledge
And most importantly:

Oh dear. I see.

Apparently you don’t read English. Let me know when you have provided your summary.

Lost in translation.

1. God created existence
And overly simplistic.

1. God created existence

Verse?

Following with

The knowledge
And most importantly:

Oh dear. I see.

Lost in translation.

That can only be proven if you provide a summary.

1. God created existence
And overly simplistic.

1. God created existence

Verse?

Following with

The knowledge
And most importantly:

Oh dear. I see.

Lost in translation.

That can only be proven if you provide a summary.

I'll get back to you when I've finished watching Homeland.

Not that I'm zealous about proving anything.

Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed on the Seder Night

One of Judaism's greatest sages, Rambam (Maimonides) offers us a deeply meaningful insight into the nature of the Seder night. In showing us the difference between how we are supposed to understand Seder night first as children and then as adults, he teaches us a crucial lesson which we can all apply in our daily life. Take a break from the pre-Pesach preparation to watch this 25-minute shiur. Wishing you all a Chag kasher v'sameach!

you seem to miss the fact, dingbat, that your "summary"
is something like the CLASSIC COMIC version of the bible.
Try to pull yourself out of Sunday school. As to your "thousands
of years of transmission......." you got that carbon dated?

Maintaining and Preserving Your Spiritual Level - Rabbi Zamir Cohen

In this fascinating lecture, Rabbi Zamir Cohen teaches us what steps we can take in order to maintain the spiritual levels which we worked so hard to attain, and how to avoid a spiritual breakdown.

It’s much better than yours.

So no comment about the Israeli physicist who said the account of Genesis matches the Big Bang?

So no comment about the Israeli physicist who said the account of Genesis matches the Big Bang?

"....thousands of years of transmission......... ? what does that
analogy have to do with anything-----the hindu version is also .......
.....comparable

.....comparable
It has to do with the account of a Genesis called it 6,000 years before science did.

it has to do with the universe was created. It literally popped into existence just as Genesis claims.

http://www.jewfaq.org/index.shtml

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.

There would be 1 billion Jews worldwide today if the liberal hitler didnt kill them all in WWII

.....comparable
It has to do with the account of a Genesis called it 6,000 years before science did.

it has to do with the universe was created. It literally popped into existence just as Genesis claims.

Genesis 1:27 can you please explain to us what happened to her?

.....comparable

What do you mean?

can you be more specific?

.....comparable

You do realize that You're asking a missionary,
who makes up his mambo jambo without reference in the text?

Go to the source, or most close version to translation with commentaries:

Last edited:
rather FACTS.
The facts are Genesis tells us that.

1. God created existence

I’m not assuming anything. It’s all in black and white.

The fact that you can’t summarize what genesis tells us tells me you don’t understand it at all.

That's just repeating what you've already claimed before ad nauseam ,
without providing actual reference, and totally neglecting my remarks pointing to the inconsistency with text.

If you can't admit, so be it, but either respectfully leave - or be so kind to follow the topic.

Again this thread is not about what you may or may not personally understand -
rather the original perspective of Judaism on these issues.
How many times do I have to tell you the reference is Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of Genesis?

Which one of my points can’t you find the reference to?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn’t tell us that God created everything?

Are you arguing that everything God created wasn’t good?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn’t tell us that man is a product of that creation?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn’t tell us that creation was created in steps?

Are you arguing that Genesis doesn't tell us that man is different than God’s other creatures?

Are you arguing that man wasn’t told to go forth and be fruitful?

What exactly are you arguing?

Post #679
Either reconcile the contradictions in your claims quoting the text.,
or have the integrity to admit those are just baseless opinions - if can neither stop trolling.
There are no contradictions. I will tell you the same thing I just told mindful, summarize what you think Genesis tells us and then we can reconcile the differences. Because it makes no sense at all for me to guess what I am supposed to be reconciling it to.

You don't understand how this works, neither your nor my summery can be a reference,
it can only come from the original text - which is why you can't back up your mambo jumbo.

The commandment to rest on Shabbat is not in Genesis.

Professional Left Lean - With Rabbi Ouri Sherki

"The lean that they once used to - was that they leaned on beds. This is how they used to do it antiquity, the Romans, the Greek. They'd lean on beds and before them a small table. The small table was a plate. And on that plate they'd put grapes and various food etc. and a person would eat with pleasure like that (shows taking food from above).

In our days that it's uncommon to eat on beds, in spite there are some groups that use to eat on mattresses on the Seder Night, and not recommended so much - because You fall asleep.

Therefore there's this funny thing people do, and I'll show You the commonly practiced leaning in our days. Here all do this and this is what's incorrect to do - they search for a place between the plates, because they didn't hear my lesson, and between the Hagadah, to put the elbow, by mistake to take the cup in the left hand, and in a very uncomfortable manner they do the commandment.

It's like "as if"- this is suffering. Some also add several cushions - not comfortable.

What You have to do is one very simple thing: take the chair put it in parallel to the table. Put the head like that (on the left hand) and take the cup in Your right hand. This manner is a comfortable way, fitting people in a coffeehouse at a late hour - and this is the way of LIBERTY - this is how You do it.

Now this means it's not polite towards the person on Your left, but the one on Your right, if he heard my lesson, he's neither polite with You - it's OK.

Another option - and that is to lean on the shoulder of Your fellow, and that's OK as well. Yes? On the shoulders, and if laying then even on the thigh of the fellow - this is the way of the free people.

While it's important to understand that the left hand is not used for taking Matzah or the cup, but it's used to put Your head, and the right hand, even if You're left handed - is used to fulfill the commandment in leaning.

Ok? So that's regarding the cups and the Matzot."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back